Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] General: Sword Art Online - Hollow Fragment – Take 2!

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

E3 is a great way to find out about upcoming video games, both for new titles and for titles with updates or re-releases.  The latter is true for Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment.

Read more of Genese Davis's Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment - Take 2!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• hyjaxxhyjaxx Member Posts: 10
    All I know is they really need to add the true multiplayer to the vita version of the game. It really diluted the end game by having fake multiplayer.

So this could take a queue from helldivers and mame the multiplayer lined from ps4 to vita.
  • hyjaxxhyjaxx Member Posts: 10
    Sorry for the typos.did the comment from my phone lol
  • MandaloreMandalore Member UncommonPosts: 131
    to bad they dont use the power of the console to give us graphics in the anime style and not these generic low poly worlds. :(

-------------------------------------
     Playing: Overwatch, Genshin Impact, Black Desert Mobile, Hundred Soul, Cyberpunk 2077
     Inactive: WAR, DAoC, RIFT, GW1/2, TSW, Age of Wulin, Black Desert, Blade & Soul, Skyforge

• JorendoJorendo Member UncommonPosts: 275
    Originally posted by Robokapp

yes, let's make a NOT-an-MMO out of SAO.

Brilliant!!

Why, humantiy, why?

You rather see this turning into another generic grinder with a big cashshop behind it? Cause that is what most MMORPG's are these day's and i rather play it singleplayer story driven then it being another generic eastern grinder MMORPG or your typical western "we ran out of idea's so we just copy and paste what others done included a sub with cashshop" MMORPG.

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    Originally posted by Jorendo
    Originally posted by Robokapp

yes, let's make a NOT-an-MMO out of SAO.

Brilliant!!

Why, humantiy, why?

You rather see this turning into another generic grinder with a big cashshop behind it? Cause that is what most MMORPG's are these day's and i rather play it singleplayer story driven then it being another generic eastern grinder MMORPG or your typical western "we ran out of idea's so we just copy and paste what others done included a sub with cashshop" MMORPG.

I don't mind if it turn out to be another generic grinder with big cashshop .

But making MMOARPG out of SAO is bad idea .

Tell the true , if they going to make an MMO out of SAO IP , i hope them chose GGO (gun gale online SAO season 2) an MMOFPS instead of SAO (MMOARPG).

If they do it now , they can ride on VR wave.

Well , if only they have enough fund to make one .

• AkumawraithAkumawraith Member UncommonPosts: 370

I dont know.. Sword Art online is an anime about an MMORPG that players get trapped in. This is an awesome premise for an MMO that has perma death. But that isnt all, SAO is a story on how VR technology can be used or abused. Not a real strong plot for a game.

However, making it in this .... Can I just say its way off base? Making it a single player action game with an AI side kick thats just scripted and not an actual AI is kind of run of the mill stupid.

Im disappointed that this is all they could come up with for such a wonderful IP. Sure there are those like above who say it would have been an MMORPG with a cash shop grind fest catalog marathon .... unfortunately they may be right.

I was hoping to see something wonderful come from the first developers to work with the SAO IP... Sadly this just confirms that the quality of development has gone down the crapper both in the US and abroad.

Played: UO, LotR, WoW, SWG, DDO, AoC, EVE, Warhammer, TF2, EQ2, SWTOR, TSW, CSS, KF, L4D, AoW, WoT

Playing: The Secret World until Citadel of Sorcery goes into Alpha testing.

Tired of: Linear quest games, dailies, and dumbed down games

Anticipating:Citadel of Sorcery