Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Raw Materials in a mmorpg

Odin1985Odin1985 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 342
Hello i want to know how many ppl like this idea of having raw materials that can be extratec and used to create other items, like iron for weapons and so, also if anyone has a idea for a new material that maybe you want to see in the a game or just some ideas that you want to see in a game, i'm open to ideas and suggestions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man´s character give him power"
-Abraham Lincoln

Coder, Webmaster and Modeler

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man?s character give him power"
-Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• convergeconverge Member Posts: 76
    uhhhhh uo already has this.

• SuperZwerverSuperZwerver Member Posts: 293
    In Asherons Call 2 you can also go mine for iron, stone, crystal and chop some wood. And then you can go craft armor or weapons out of it. But its very boring imo image

----------------------------
    Matrix Pong

Poke the Bunny

We Like the Moon!

Flych - 70 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin - Tarren Mill (EU)
    Mediocre - 70 Undead Discipline Priest - Tarren Mill (EU)

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

yea, runescape is like that too, and thats all people do in it. its sad really... i think wow will have that kind of thing too, but its still gonne kick ass.

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

• Odin1985Odin1985 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 342

well we are going to have the option to buy the materals from npcs but also for the person to gather them, and we are going to take this interactions to a more higher level like for example to build a small ship you will need, iron, wood, cloth and ropes, so you will need to get all this suff but before getting them ppl will need t create hem lke wood by chopping tress, or ropes with the hemp, or iron by mining, or cloth like by getting a sheep farm and raising sheeps that going to a weavers house and having the wool turned into a layer of cloth, and so on, but we are looking also for ideas of what materials to add into the game.

of and also the game is looking for 2 concept artist to assist in the character design

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man´s character give him power"
    -Abraham Lincoln

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man?s character give him power"
    -Abraham Lincoln

well tell him to contact me at msn as [email protected]

aim as gusy1695

and email as [email protected]

oh and thx

-Abraham Lincoln

-Abraham Lincoln

oh i see

-Abraham Lincoln

-Abraham Lincoln

• RasukeRasuke Member Posts: 362

This was something I was thinking about today... I was going to give these as materials to make weapons:

Bronze, Iron, Steel, Mythril, White (red, blue, green, black, ect...) Crystal, Dragon Scales, Silver, Gold, Armor Fragment, Weapon Fragment, Wood.

Then to add elements: Fire shard, ice shard, ect... (or possible elemental stones to add more for people to mine)

I'm sure you get my basic ideas...

EDIT:Sorry, forgot my raw materials, I meant to post all at once.  So aside from the obvious of what I posted above (bronze ore, iron ore, and so forth) You could use...

(insert color) Crystal Fragment to make Cystals and could mix colors to produce new ones.
    And of course, element shards to make elemental cystals but I don't think mixing would apply here.
    There's more, but I'm still kinda pondering over whether they're good enough to mention or not.

I am a Samurai... honorable and noble... yet deadly.

You want to be sliced into little pieces next?

-------------------------------------------
    image image image

well you know my msn and aim image

-Abraham Lincoln

-Abraham Lincoln