Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] General: Torchlight Mobile - E3 Hands On with Runic’s Latest ARPG

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

You wouldn’t expect a mobile version of any core PC or console game to be good. But we’ve been proven wrong before. Look at Transistor, Bastion, even the LEGO games. Hell, Minefract is pretty great on the phones and tablets. So why can’t Runic’s Torchlight make a splash on mobile? Well, it can and it will. Read on for our hands on from E3 2015.

Read more of Bill Murphy's Torchlight Mobile -E3 Hands On with Runic’s Latest ARPG.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• adamlotus75adamlotus75 Member UncommonPosts: 387
    I loathe the so called 'freemium' model. I love Torchlight. Will one of those factors win out?

Yes. I won't be playing this. Release a proper unlimited experience or GTFO.
  • mrbreckmrbreck Member UncommonPosts: 24
    This is Torchlight in name only. It isn't made by Runic. It is outsourced to Fedeen, makers of many generic, garbage mobile games. You can blame Perfect World for this junk. Hopefully Runic is working on a legit, new Torchlight game for for PC.
  • hyjaxxhyjaxx Member Posts: 10
    I'm curious if this will make its way to the vita. Ive spread heard rumors of Diablo 3 being put on the s now service. So maybe we will see these iso dungeon crawlers put to good use!
    Lol what a typo! *ive heard rumors*
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Imo this game is an easy port because also imo it was made for mobile.I can't believe Diablo and POE are not also on mobile.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

Will there be a cash shop? Yep. But these sorts of things are part and parcel for a freemium mobile experience.

This is why I will never play it.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

I remember when they said Torchlight 1 would help them get their MMO version of Torchlight out sooner. Then I remember them announcing Torchlight 2 and saying the same thing. And now there is a mobile version.

At this point I am going to say that they are just cashing in on all the D2 fans that are still whining over Blizzard North.

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    Originally posted by SlyLoK

I remember when they said Torchlight 1 would help them get their MMO version of Torchlight out sooner. Then I remember them announcing Torchlight 2 and saying the same thing. And now there is a mobile version.

At this point I am going to say that they are just cashing in on all the D2 fans that are still whining over Blizzard North.

they got bored of the mmo idea and both the lead guys quit the company to make a kickstarter for some space game

this mobile game is perfect worlds idea i'm suspecting

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by mrbreck
    This is Torchlight in name only. It isn't made by Runic. It is outsourced to Fedeen, makers of many generic, garbage mobile games. You can blame Perfect World for this junk. Hopefully Runic is working on a legit, new Torchlight game for for PC.

Yeah, Torchlight on PC is fantastic, i only stopped playing it due to being only point and click. With that said, id love to see a Torchlight 3 for PC (and maybe consoles?) with even better gameplay, graphics, and more movement control options (wasd, arrows, gamepad), and made by Runic

I have below zero interest in playing this on a mobile device.

Sadly mobile games are the future of "casual" gaming and it draws huge revenue so more and more companies are giving it a go as becoming successful in the mmo market is harder and harder with today's "give it to me now" mmo crowd. The one positive I see from this title is it might end up on vita and 3ds and draw a following.