Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can Anybody Recommend A Good MMO Only Info Site?

2»

Comments

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by Culubu
    Originally posted by Culubu
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Ask yourself this...are most MMO players only interested in playing MMOs?

I am.

Anyway, there's massivelyop.com and sometimes I browse reddit's mmo sub.

massivelyop.com is not an mmo only site.

It's alright. Wanted to contribute and not letting this thread become some petty argument thread, but nvm.

No one is making it a "petty argument" thread.

He asked for an mmo only site. Problem is that there aren't really any that I have come across. And I've looked as I wanted to see what other mmo sites were out there.

In any case, the OP would then go to Massively only to find it has "other games" as well.

Having said that this site is supposed to be releasing a new design that is better with the segregation of these games. However, I strongly suspect that, other than the reddit site you mentioned, there aren't going to be a lot of "mmo only sites" going forward unless it's a private site that doesn't rely upon ad revenue.

No offense, I like MMORPG.com, but they've been promising this new site design for like over a year now. I've sorta given up on it coming out any time soon lol

Smile

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Antiquated

I personally like an mmo site that adds info/news from other games I'm interested in.

And wouldn't it be cool if you didn't have to read ads from games you wouldn't touch with a two million foot pole?

It sounds a lot like some folks are seeking targeted news delivery, selectively filtered.

A Pandora-like engine, or something on the close order of Amazon's or Google's targeted advertising might do the job. "Show me more titles like this game but not like this one."

---

Would most users of this site, after selectively filtering out all the games they don't want to see or hear discussed, end up with a single title (from 2000 or earlier?)

Could we still call that "MMO News", by any stretch of the imagination?

Wouldn't it be more efficient to read the single twitter hashtag?

The may not be ads for games that you like, but others do like them which is why they advertise here.  

On your Pandora/Amazon idea, that's pretty cool, but it only works when there is a metric ton of choices combined with an engine that follows what you click and view. The ads currently are at least partially targeted. 

Personally, I would jump for joy seeming more targeted ads based on viewing. Few things would give me more pleasure here than to see the people that troll threads to crap on particular games just start getting bombarded with ads for those games. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

Personally, I would jump for joy seeming more targeted ads based on viewing. Few things would give me more pleasure here than to see the people that troll threads to crap on particular games just start getting bombarded with ads for those games. 

Sorry, you know There Ain't No Justice. That'd be like...karmic lashback.

Now I've never considered (or ever will) playing a foreign-language game that seems to be primarily focused on oversized bajoobies, and the fascinating basketball bounces they make.

But that is (I respectfully submit) the overwhelming majority of the adspace sold on this particular site.

No way to avoid them.

But please, please don't make them even more common (here or anywhere).

• ArtificeVenatusArtificeVenatus Member UncommonPosts: 1,236

What is with all the "lines getting fuzzier in stating what an MMO is" BS?

Lots of effing people... hundreds, thousands, more even... sharing an experience within a massive world... online. Not difficult for the semi-intelligent.

As to subsets of MMOs, you have such as medieval, fantasy, high fantasy, sci fi, etc etc. Again, not that difficult. The games even on this site SHOULD be labeled appropriately, but the BS peanut galleries would not dare allow that or accept that. No different than any other conversation among these imbeciles. 

It IS that simple.

• WicasaWicasa Member UncommonPosts: 77
    This is the site you are looking for...
  • LonzoLonzo Member UncommonPosts: 294
    Since there are no new serious mmos, there are no good news sites right now

• Check out MMOCulture at http://mmoculture.com

I really like that site but they might only have 1 author.

• AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Originally posted by Lonzo
    Since there are no new serious mmos, there are no good news sites right now

The websites going into maintenance mode right along the games that were once "news"?

Oddly coincidental? Nope.