Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Batman: Arkham Knight sales removed from steam

2»

Comments

• muppetpilotmuppetpilot Member UncommonPosts: 171
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid

Another messy port.

With every broken PC port i question myself why would i waste over a thousand dollars building a high end gaming PC.

I'll probably build my new gaming PC when developers start taking advantage of PC hardware. At the moment i dont see a reason to throw so much money to the wind. Broken ports, unoptimized trash, etc etc etc, not worth it.

My sentiments exactly.  Pretty much makes the whole "PC master race" argument ridiculous and a waste of breath, if you ask me.

I suppose that may be easy for me to say because I enjoy console gaming as much, if not more than, PC, but still.  For all their superiority talk and bashing of consoles, PC users have a litany of issues to deal with that an Xbox One or PS 4 simply bypasses.  Faulty drivers, buggy [insert device here], horrible ports, CTD issues that still exist after all these years of so-called "master race" technology, things not being "optimized" even after people spend thousands on [insert hardware here], brand wars like AMD vs Nvidia....the list goes on an on.

Oh sure, I'll go drop $3500 on a super-rig.....like ten years from now, when developers take the time (hopefully!) to do things right.  And I can't help but find it funny that the console-hating crowd seems to think that every single game in existence should run at 100 fps at all times, just because their PC is "better than" something else. 

I have hopes for the future, and you bet there is tons of potential to PC gaming, but in this day and age it just seems to be a massive frustration....and an overly expensive one, at that.

"Why would I want to loose a religion upon my people? Religions wreck from within - Empires and individuals alike! It's all the same." - God Emperor of Dune

• Pestis87Pestis87 Member UncommonPosts: 11
    I've got the game for free with GF gtx960 purchase, good I didn't install it ;s
  • superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by muppetpilot
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid

Another messy port.

With every broken PC port i question myself why would i waste over a thousand dollars building a high end gaming PC.

I'll probably build my new gaming PC when developers start taking advantage of PC hardware. At the moment i dont see a reason to throw so much money to the wind. Broken ports, unoptimized trash, etc etc etc, not worth it.

My sentiments exactly.  Pretty much makes the whole "PC master race" argument ridiculous and a waste of breath, if you ask me.

I suppose that may be easy for me to say because I enjoy console gaming as much, if not more than, PC, but still.  For all their superiority talk and bashing of consoles, PC users have a litany of issues to deal with that an Xbox One or PS 4 simply bypasses.  Faulty drivers, buggy [insert device here], horrible ports, CTD issues that still exist after all these years of so-called "master race" technology, things not being "optimized" even after people spend thousands on [insert hardware here], brand wars like AMD vs Nvidia....the list goes on an on.

Oh sure, I'll go drop $3500 on a super-rig.....like ten years from now, when developers take the time (hopefully!) to do things right.  And I can't help but find it funny that the console-hating crowd seems to think that every single game in existence should run at 100 fps at all times, just because their PC is "better than" something else. 

I have hopes for the future, and you bet there is tons of potential to PC gaming, but in this day and age it just seems to be a massive frustration....and an overly expensive one, at that.

True, but this thinking is exactly why PC gaming is crap, because they hand over the PC port to incompetent devs, because they do not want to waste money on the PC version if it is not going to get the sales, which is what happend with Arkham Knight, it is a one off, and the game will be back on sale once fixed. To kill off the PC with one game, and when they are going to fix the issue is a bit of an over reaction

I like PC and console gaming, but i do not like the way the console gaming is going. Console gaming is getting too PC orientated and devs are rushing titles out and patching, and using DLC as microtransactions, instead of proper add on packs with worthwhile content.

At the end of the day there is going to be some game that will make you want to upgrade or buy a new PC, that is not available on console.

The PC version could have been a lot better than the PS4 if it was developed professionally. The PS4 version of Batman is currently the best, but it is still not ideal at 30FPS

Witcher 3 was better handled on PC than PS4 / Xbox ONE, although probably would have been even better if consoles were not considered. I bought it on Xbox ONE, as was not ready to upgrdae PC yet, and Xbox ONE was easier, but I plan on upgrading PC and will get it on PC too. Project Cars is also better on PC. Most games on PC are better than consoles. Arkham Knight may end up being better than PS4 when it returns to being sold

Driveclub on PS4 had many delays and still had issues at launch. Master Chief collection on Xbox ONE had problems to begin with. The port of Street Fighter IV on PS4 was lazy, and ended up with loads of glitches, and included "Press start button" when PS4 does not have a start button. Even console have their issues too.

The problems is not the consoles or the PC, it is down to the devs.

PC and console gaming is pretty much blurring now, as consoles are losing their quick accessibility and becoming just weak PCs. Before this generation you could put a disc or a cartridge in the console and instantly start to play, now you put the disc in and then have to install it plus maybe download a 20GB patch. I had Shadows of Mordor on Xbox ONE and it took about 30 mins to install from disc, and then took another 30 mins or so to download a patch, worse than the ZX Spectrum cassette days! But at least there is more chance of it loading / installing, and not getting a tape load error, and once installed do not need to keep doing it, although if you had a disc drive for the Spectrum you could snapshot the game to disc for quicker and more reliable load

Years ago PC gaming was not very accessible at all, trying to get controllers to work on it was not simple and you had to program each game to suit, now you can just plug in a Xbox controlller and it recognises it straight away. Also you were stuck with the monitor of your PC, now you can plug it into any TV / monitor with HDMI. When I played Batman Arkham Asylum on PC in 2012 when I got my new PC,  it also had Xbox achievements through GFWL, and the whole set up was like playing on the Xbox 360 but with better graphics, and I thought console gaming is now redundant.

The other perks of PC gaming, is that you can constantly grow your gaming collection, with thousands of games to choose from constantly, whereas each new console is a fresh start with few games to play on it, although the Xbox ONE is tackling backwards compatibility now, and if the next gen consoles are not BC from the start I do not think I will bother with console gaming again. This generation has been a joke with few new games, and loads of remasters.

It is also going to be interesting when Steam machines release, and Microsoft is now pushing PC gaming as they see that not every one is into consoles.

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234

Not surprised.

i have had many issues with my gpu in the past month gtx 660 - nvidia drivers stopped working ... kernel 41 ... drivers recovered ....

I think around driver 347 and beyond has jacked my system, this has been going on for a couple months. I thought it was my psu, power quatlity at the socket, bad expansion slot, bad gpu, but at this point I think it's just these new drivers and some of the demands the games are calling for now.

WoW never used to botch up like this.

Finally I have had to offset my gpu -105 and tweak in game settings in ESO and WoW

WoW I just enabled vysnc and i have not gone above 90% gpu usage, typically sit at 60-70%

ESO - after I dropped the clock -105 and bumped graphic settings to medium, my gpu is steady at 65% usage which has been nice.

This is why consoles are so nice, no fiddle faddling with game settings time and time again.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by Shodanas

Piss poor frame rates, even on monster systems, aside the game has a ton of various technical issues at the moment. The majority of the people report crash after crash after crash. My brother didn't manage to play for more than 15 minutes straight. 

Well, this happens when you outsource the pc port to a shitty incompetent developer with non-existent quality control. 

People, it's time to begin voting with your wallets. 

I keep forgetting about Steams refund policy. I will have to start preordering more games a few days before release through Steam from now on, and if they do not run well on my PC, I will get a refund.

The number preorders will tell how much the game is wanted on PC, but then the number of refunds will tell them how broken the game is!

If the game is broken, then there will be mass refunds, and the game will get pulled, so another good thing to Steams refund policy is that it will encourage devs to make sure the game is spot on near perfect, from day one.