Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is The Repopulation any good?

SirCedricSirCedric Member CommonPosts: 46
I am thinking about getting the Repopulation for my next MMO, but I would like to know is it any good? Anyone out there playing it?
«1

Comments

  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,291
    Looking forward to this one as well.  From my understanding, it seems pretty good, but they need to do a lot of polishing as well as do some significant work on combat before launch.

    Concentrate on enjoying yourself, and not on why I shouldn't enjoy myself.

  • SirCedricSirCedric Member CommonPosts: 46
    A lot of Polish? Like how much Polish are we talking about here? And Combat still needs work? Well going thing I am more of a crafter type, but still not liking that.
  • SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 275
    I wouldn't touch it yet.

    CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600

    GPU: AREZ Strix Vega 56

    RAM: G.Skill 8GB DDR4 3200MHz

    MOBO: Asrock B450M Steel Legend

    PSU: Seasonic Focus 650W 80+ Gold

    Case: Corsair Crystal 280X

    Monitor: Gigabyte Aorus CV27F 1080p/165hz

  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    its still in early access (alpha), i bought it on steam sale, but it has a long way to go imo.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

    - Albert Einstein


  • SirCedricSirCedric Member CommonPosts: 46

    Ok this tells e to wait, I am in no rush, so I will just keep an eye on this one for now.

     

    Thx guys

  • wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 484
    Originally posted by SirCedric

    Ok this tells me to wait, I am in no rush, so I will just keep an eye on this one for now.

     

    Thx guys

    If you are looking for something to learn and you will need the time regarding crafting depth lol, then pick it up now and have some good idea of whats what when in future it launches. As there will be a wipe of characters at that time.

    If you played swg and crafted in that you will now know what to expect and even more so. Not to mention that hey its already got depth in crafting but its going even deeper I hear...

    It seems if this is going to be a future title I wish to sink time into when its around for the masses then picking it up early is going to be a saving grace. Of course its early access so take that into consideration but plenty to focus on even now :)

    If you are a thinker and like reward for the effort then pick it up.

    If you are a instant gratification mmo player then don't bother.

  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,291
    Originally posted by SirCedric

    Ok this tells e to wait, I am in no rush, so I will just keep an eye on this one for now.

     

    Thx guys

    That's my thought also.  It isn't coming out for some time yet, so I'm in no rush.  Once it gets closer, I might get it earlier than release to get used to everything, so that I hit the ground running.

    Concentrate on enjoying yourself, and not on why I shouldn't enjoy myself.

  • SirCedricSirCedric Member CommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by wyldmagik
    Originally posted by SirCedric

    Ok this tells me to wait, I am in no rush, so I will just keep an eye on this one for now.

     

    Thx guys

    If you are looking for something to learn and you will need the time regarding crafting depth lol, then pick it up now and have some good idea of whats what when in future it launches. As there will be a wipe of characters at that time.

    If you played swg and crafted in that you will now know what to expect and even more so. Not to mention that hey its already got depth in crafting but its going even deeper I hear...

    It seems if this is going to be a future title I wish to sink time into when its around for the masses then picking it up early is going to be a saving grace. Of course its early access so take that into consideration but plenty to focus on even now :)

    If you are a thinker and like reward for the effort then pick it up.

    If you are a instant gratification mmo player then don't bother.

    see this is my point . I like crafting in the different MMOs, that have a good crafting setup. I played on UO and in SWG, and when I heard about this game, well I was thinking why not. I really have to think about it, cause even if getting in early with a leg up on everyone else, I hate the lose it all in a server wipe. lol

  • AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

    If a game is playable and not under NDA, then it's on youtube (and sometimes Twitch.)

    "What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

  • StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    It's turning out into a very promissing game with a big living and breathing world to enjoy, but at the same time in many ways it still feels very much under construction (which it is). So if you just want to enjoy, I'd suggest waiting for now (unless you actually want to support them).
  • KaputzyKaputzy Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Originally posted by StarI
    It's turning out into a very promissing game with a big living and breathing world to enjoy, but at the same time in many ways it still feels very much under construction (which it is). So if you just want to enjoy, I'd suggest waiting for now (unless you actually want to support them).

    I agree with this with the addition that the GMs and Devs (both in game and on the forums) are active and are listening while implementing changes based on player feedback.

    I'm happy playing the game, getting to know the ropes while I genuinely feel I am contributing to its development with criticism and feedback which Devs have responded to.

    As mentioned, though, the game is not finished and I (personally) don't think it will be released this year, although that's their target. There will also be full server wipes prior to game release meaning all progress you make will be lost. That said, for $15* and even in an advanced Alpha state, it has been money well spent for me.

    *Obtaining Early Access also purchases a one-day headstart when the game is launched too iirc.

     

    The short answer to your thread title though, is yes from me.

  • KaputzyKaputzy Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Sorry didn't address the population question. If you roll on US East server, I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised just how active it is.
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 746
    It is very good and even awesome if you are into complex crafting and sandbox feeling. One of the rare games in early access that have a game to offer and hours of fun (however it is still in alpha stage).

    No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

  • RollerratRollerrat Member UncommonPosts: 200

    Originally posted by StarI
    It's turning out into a very promissing game with a big living and breathing world to enjoy, but at the same time in many ways it still feels very much under construction (which it is). So if you just want to enjoy, I'd suggest waiting for now (unless you actually want to support them).

     

    Could you be more specific? Certain areas of the world closed? Placeholder graphics? Unstable? etc. etc.

     

    Originally posted by Spiider
    It is very good and even awesome if you are into complex crafting and sandbox feeling. One of the rare games in early access that have a game to offer and hours of fun (however it is still in alpha stage).

     

    I have followed this game for a long time. I'm a scifi nut and I absolutely love sandbox games. My most loved MMORPGs are Anarchy Online and EVE Online. But I'm still on the fence about buying into early access.

  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

    Its still in testing so yes it still needs work but its getting better all the time.

     

    if you want to help test and look for bugs then yup pick it up.. if you want to play a finished game then its best to wait until its finished.

    Remember there will be a wipe for release as well so anything done in testing will be lost.

     

  • MightykingMightyking Member UncommonPosts: 235

    You can pick up the game for only 20 euros (dollar?). For that you get an actual game you can play right now, with a lot of features. In my humble opinion, the game in its current state is well worth the 20 euros, even with the knowledge the game will release as a free to play game in less than 6 months.

    OP you mention crafting is your main thing in MMO's. TheRepopulation has the closest thing to the much-appraised crafting system from Star Wars Galaxies currently on the MMO market.

  • mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768

    Here is a youtube video giving a little introduction to the game with the guy mentioning the good, the bad and the ugly

     

    https://youtu.be/VX5KekiwK7I

     

    This game reminds a lot of SWTOR on the UI aspect

    want 7 free days of playing? Try this

    http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by mayito7777

    Here is a youtube video giving a little introduction to the game with the guy mentioning the good, the bad and the ugly

     

    https://youtu.be/VX5KekiwK7I

     

    This game reminds a lot of SWTOR on the UI aspect

    Teehee, I believe they use the same engine. 

    Crazkanuk

    ----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

  • Nancy_NumbersNancy_Numbers Member CommonPosts: 6
    Good game but lousy communinty. At least on the East Coast server.  Prudish and self absorbed.
  • TokkenTokken Member RarePosts: 2,150

    Good game, but a "work in progress"...... it won't be ready for quite awhile.

    Make PvE GREAT Again!
  • kimochiikimochii Member UncommonPosts: 7

    I played for a bit. It is still very rough, they just redid the tutorial area which I spent like 5 hours in and it is a very welcome change, hopefully a sign of things to come. However there isn't that much to do in the game world proper, mostly just grinding, farming, and crafting.

     

    Also ditto on the other guy who said the community sucks. Wow, they are terrible. Most early access communities, especially with small player bases like this, tend to be very helpful and supportive. I politely asked for some basic tips on where to go and I got outright hostility. Quickest way to turn me off from playing.  

  • ikkenoikkeno Member UncommonPosts: 67
    SirCedric said:
    I am thinking about getting the Repopulation for my next MMO, but I would like to know is it any good? Anyone out there playing it?

    Wait for the launch, all characters will be wiped anyways, so all progress you make now will be lost.

    - Nothing lasts.. but nothing is lost. -

  • BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,764
    Good game but lousy communinty. At least on the East Coast server.  Prudish and self absorbed.
    I agree, that was my experience also.  I tried to get some help a few times in the global chat but they all seemed a little too preoccupied with touting themselves, to offer much assistance. In fact I can't even recall a response.

    As for the OP asking if it is a good game?   A good game for who?  You? Me?  If you want to know if it is good for you, then better state a little bit about yourself first.  

    I have already said what I think about it.   But no point in repeating it, as you could have a totally different perspective.  Which I why I feel asking people in general "Is this a good game? " is usually a bad idea. 

    FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

  • AtrocitusAtrocitus Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Actually OP, its not...Its an actual pain to play. Horrid graphics, bugs everywhere...In all actuality, its not worth your actual time...
  • Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    If you know what to expect from a game in alpha state you can pick it up now. Join a nation, enjoy the mature community and secure your role in the future. 
    If lack of polish or severe bugs bother you then I suggest you should wait till at least game is in beta. 
    I never had any problems in the EU community but you have to find a group of people to play with in these sort of games because they aren't solo friendly at all. And that's a positive point in my book. 
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
Sign In or Register to comment.