Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Batman: Arkham Knight on PS4 is a technical tour de force

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Rocksteady's superb work doesn't deserve to be overshadowed by the poor PC version

The launch of Batman: Arkham Knight may have been blighted by the arrival of the PC train-wreck, but let's be clear - Rocksteady's console game is a slickly presented finale to the saga that should not be overlooked. Based on early impressions, the game has already proven itself in the performance stakes, and that solid frame-rate and stability is backed up by a more ambitious approach to the open world gameplay pioneered in 2011's Arkham City.

Towering above all other changes is the scale of Gotham City. At an estimated five times the size of the last game, Arkham Knight demands a rendering range not seen on older platforms. PS4 capably delivers on this too, with only minor texture pop-in when zipping between buildings - using Batman's extended range grappling hook, or driving at pace in the Batmobile. Draw distances are convincingly broad, and it's possible to even see lamplights from across the city, giving the urban sprawl a real sense of consistency as you leap from roof to roof.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-batman-arkham-knight-on-ps4-is-a-technical-tour-de-force

Comments

• TurtleDGr8TurtleDGr8 Member Posts: 58

Played a couple hours last night and it was pretty cool.  The visuals are nice and game play is smooth.  Batman walks around like all his neck bones are fused together, so that's a little weird, but he still gets around pretty OK.  Combat is fluid.  I have no idea what I'm doing since I've never played a Batman game, but it's all going OK.

I expect the console versions of this game are going to sell really well.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    Originally posted by TurtleDGr8

Played a couple hours last night and it was pretty cool.  The visuals are nice and game play is smooth.  Batman walks around like all his neck bones are fused together, so that's a little weird, but he still gets around pretty OK.  Combat is fluid.  I have no idea what I'm doing since I've never played a Batman game, but it's all going OK.

If you like this one them Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are both brilliant games and well worth playing once you finish it. Origins is OK but not as good as the other two.

• TurtleDGr8TurtleDGr8 Member Posts: 58
    Originally posted by Kabaal
    Originally posted by TurtleDGr8

If you like this one them Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are both brilliant games and well worth playing once you finish it. Origins is OK but not as good as the other two.

I got one of those during the Steam sale...I think Arkham City.  I expect by now the PC versions work fine, but for what I spent on the game, I don't think I'll be complaining. :-)