Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warning of an Exploit has appeared on the login screen

JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

.....and in the forum

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8269005

Apparently players can purchase an item for 1 credit and sell it straight back to the npc for 100 credits  - endlessly.

The message says action will be taken against exploiters - should be fun, popcorn ordered.

Comments

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    lol seems like a weak exploit tbh. the game throw credits at you so it's probably faster to just go out and kill stuff :P

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by hallucigenocide
    lol seems like a weak exploit tbh. the game throw credits at you so it's probably faster to just go out and kill stuff :P

Well, you can buy a huge amount of them at a time, and then vendor them again almost as quickly.

It'd be an easy 50k profit for 10 seconds of work or something. Keep at it for an hour and you'd have several million credits. Of course it's practically guaranteed that they'll hit your account with a rollback plus some kind of ban if you touch it.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

Yep, agreed. My main has got something approaching a mill, currency isn't an issue in the game.

You should have seen the npc getting mobbed though...........will be fun if BW do follow up with their exploit action warning.

And players blatantly directing others to the npc in general chat, shouting off about it. You've got to wonder..........

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015

oh alright so it's stackable. thought it sounded a little silly.

anyway i never understood why people wanna risk their accounts on cheating.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• rafalex007rafalex007 Member Posts: 244

whhat can i do with credits ? 

Originally posted by rafalex007

You can do this!

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by rafalex007

Can't buy a decent game engine for this game apparently.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

Well, you can buy a huge amount of them at a time, and then vendor them again almost as quickly.

It'd be an easy 50k profit for 10 seconds of work or something. Keep at it for an hour and you'd have several million credits. Of course it's practically guaranteed that they'll hit your account with a rollback plus some kind of ban if you touch it.

Except its their fault for creating it.

how about jsut rolling back, and rewarding the poeple that did not exploit it?

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    You know how many clicks you need  to do to make this exploit profitable? (Talking about carpal tunnel syndrome)!!!!

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

Originally posted by mayito7777
    You know how many clicks you need  to do to make this exploit profitable? (Talking about carpal tunnel syndrome)!!!!

two  clicks

1 - buy item for 1 credit

then

2 - sell item back for 100 credits

profit = 99 credits

ok, you mean to make masses of credits :-)  

As someone else on here said you can stack buy them, so I guess it's the batch purchasing & selling they are going to be going after.

Apparently BW are currently fixing the exploit - but tackling the multitude of exploiters will take longer

However, if this is an example of what's gone on........

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/3azhgf/works_for_me/

The npc was mobbed everytime I went to have a look. No idea how they're going to track some of the massive amounts of game currency that's been laundered off.