Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A breath of fresh air

RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
I just started playing this (played for maybe 5 minutes back in early 2000's) and I gotta say it's very refreshing.  Love the diverse classes, (sometimes) challenging areas/quests and although the graphics are old, I wouldn't say they are painful (EQ and AO)...they aren't bad at all.   Don't understand why other newer games aren't built in this mold....makes no sense at all.

Comments

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Originally posted by Randayn
     Don't understand why other newer games aren't built in this mold....makes no sense at all.
    (played for maybe 5 minutes back in early 2000's)

That's why.

Have to support things you like, that way you get more of them. If you don't, then you can't complain when they're either gone or not as popular.

• BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    DAoC mold is 1-max lvl in 1 day and pvping 24/7 ..paying a sub for that is insane to me and not a mold im fond of..but ya i loved the pve/lore part of the game  but when theres nobody to play with or to help on hard quests ,it gets old fast
  • RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by Rusque
     Don't understand why other newer games aren't built in this mold....makes no sense at all.
    (played for maybe 5 minutes back in early 2000's)

That's why.

Have to support things you like, that way you get more of them. If you don't, then you can't complain when they're either gone or not as popular.

I was playing Anarchy Online...which is my favorite game of all time...wish more games were made like that.

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by BurntCabbage
    DAoC mold is 1-max lvl in 1 day and pvping 24/7 ..paying a sub for that is insane to me and not a mold im fond of..but ya i loved the pve/lore part of the game  but when theres nobody to play with or to help on hard quests ,it gets old fast

I guess if you know how to level and where to go it is, but Ive been playing for about a week and have 1 toon at 26 and one at 19...Im exploring and having a good time.  In no rush