Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Return to Eorzea: 1 month free acces and full iLevel 120 set.

MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

Return to Eorzea Campaign (source)

I love how i never have to pay for this game! I only play during these campaigns and i am better or at least equally geared as the people paying for it monthly.

This will also give me the time to do the Story since the last Free week which will take me a day or so, then i have 27 days to play for free and work on my Relic and other job.

Thanks SE for making this game Free to Play!

----

Eligibility

Players who have subscribed to FINAL FANTASY XIV prior to March 31, 2015 and have not logged into the game between Wednesday, April 1, 2015 and Sunday, June 7, 2015.

* Those who are playing the Free Trial version are not eligible.

Campaign period

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at 9:00 (GMT) to Thursday, July 23, 2015 at 9:00 (GMT)

Campaign bonus items

When logging into the game with an eligible character, you will be given 10 silver chocobo feathers that you can use to exchange for item level 120 equipment. Silver chocobo feathers can be exchanged via the Calamity Salvager NPC that is located in each city-state.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
- Michael Bitton
Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
- SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Comments

• TymorisTymoris Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Damn it sure makes me feel like a moron for subbing last month :/

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Its a Marketing tactic to get people back playing.  Its not going F2P.  They been doing this for 2 years now.
  • strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    No way this goes f2p, but if it does, I will play again.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• joeydtx79joeydtx79 Member UncommonPosts: 29
    How good is this L120 equipment?  This may be my time to jump back in
  • Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    Originally posted by joeydtx79

I'm not sure.  I'd be more excited if  we didn't have to do all the stuff we missed since we left just to see the expansion we are throwing money down for.  image

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    If the game isn't good enough for you to pay for it....
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Ya this would include me since i have not played since last year some time,i think i stopped around November/December.Totally free for a month is a pretty sweet deal and no it is not going f2p ,you can put any notion of that out of your head.The reason is simple,they prefer a known entity on finances,they don't like the unknown of a cash shop market.

I am not sure i will take advantage of this,not really sure what direction i am going in.I figure why bother waste my time if i don't plan on staying in the game and as of now i don't see any games worth my time.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Guys, he's bringing to light a promotion for the game and the only thing you can focus on is how he is happy about being able to play a game without paying for it for a month?  Since when does that count as something worth bashing on?  I don't think I'd bash on someone not paying for a double quarter pounder with cheese during a McDonalds freebie promotion.  
  • MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

Originally posted by danwest58
    Its a Marketing tactic to get people back playing.  Its not going F2P.  They been doing this for 2 years now.

Originally posted by strawhat0981

Never said it is going F2P. I said it is pretty much F2P because every couple months they have a free weekend and i been only playing during those free weeks.

I am doing pretty well i think :)

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

Originally posted by Viper482
    If the game isn't good enough for you to pay for it....

Yes this is my feeling as well.  The MMO industry as well as the gaming industry as a whole right now is seeing a lot of experienced Developers leave because of F2P.  Yes while there is more money or the illusion of more money its in fact causing more than just $$$$.  These developers have left I now know someone who use to be a game developer being an IT guy myself and they told me its because of F2P that they left an industry they loved.   Here is what changed with F2P.  There are peak times games make money and then there are lulls in the revenue.  WHILE  revenue looks to be up its not going to US developers its going to CEOs, investors and share holders now vs paying US developers and having stable US developer jobs.  Now its like contract work where you make money for 3 months then dont work for 6.  This for people who have families to take care off cannot live like this unless they are paid nearly a years salary in 3 months which does not happen.  

So what is REALLY happening?  Because people feel entitled to the games for FREE and the business are shifting away from US developers making and supporting content for the game to Offshore developers.  Which as we all know end up not doing as good of a job as a US developer.  I know I worked with companies like Wipro and Compro and had issues with Java programs where they didnt do garbage collection, causing memory leaks in their applications.   Yet I can give that work to US developers and guess what might not work 1.0 but 1.1 shortly after its fixed right because they already know of the issue they just had higher priorities that the business wanted fist.  

Now lets look at the problem with the new F2P model.  Great for people who do not want to pay a dam thing.  Looks good as a business model because the publisher can pay cheaper labor cost allowing them to make more money on the game and pay more to investors.  Well thats great but what about quality?  Nope when you off shore work you dont expect quality you expect a lot of little things that work fairly well but good enough for people to be willing to pay for VS having a monthly subscription and being held to a higher standard of quality and timely released.  Something that SE has done better than any other MMO on the market.  How do they do it?  Japanese and US developers working together and being right sized as a group and not trying to make everyone happy about everything.  They make good quality content and they put money back into the development cycle instead of the CEO pocketing the money or Investors pocketing the money.  

This is why I am totally against F2P and F2P players.  If you do not have the money to play a game your priority should not ever be gaming.  It should be about getting a job and making money to pay for your hobbies.  I did it while in college my first time, I did it went I was working contract jobs which were a week on and 3 weeks off.  I always managed to find a way to make money to pay for my habits.  WHY?  Because I am PAYING for someones paycheck.  F2P only helps out getting the CEO and investors money because they are thinking short term investment short term large pay out.  Guess what they does not work in games.  If you want a Quality game and not just an MMO you need to invest money in the right size teams and developers.  And when Money stays in the US guess what Yes your POOR ass which has an issue finding a job will find it an easier time to find a job.  If we keep sending that money to India or to some CEOs pocket do you think that money is going to come back and help you out?  No If it goes to India it stays in India.  If it goes to some CEO's pocket it will stay there.  Now yes some money will go to the CEO however if he knows he needs to keep up a X amount of operational cost to keep game ABC running and making revenue then he will not try to pocket it.  

I am not sorry on this but I am going to call you F2P players out on this right now.  MrSnuffles.  Now that its F2P for a month you seem happy as a claim.  WHY IS THAT?  You talk so negatively about this game all the time.  Now that is F2P your happy and its good?  What is up with people like you.  Seriously are you that again paying for a dam game that you need to trash it endlessly until its Free because you do not want to spend money?  Serious here because I dont get people like you.   

The game is not worth a subscription because it's not good. Not for the content it offers but i am happy to play it for free every couple of months just to catch up and be ready if it eventually becomes good. FFXI took a while too before it was good (Zilart and CoP).

What is not to get? The game has huge problems but why not give it a try every couple months, maybe a miracale happened and it got better.

- Michael Bitton

- SEANMCAD

Originally posted by MrSnuffles

Originally posted by strawhat0981

Never said it is going F2P. I said it is pretty much F2P because every couple months they have a free weekend and i been only playing during those free weeks.

I am doing pretty well i think :)

I am going to say this now.  I think its a good idea for a promotion.  I really like their promotion design because it gives people a chance to get back into it.

HOWEVER my problem is this Mrsnuffles the other day you were bashing the game ok.  Now that its free its ok.  Now dont get me wrong every game needs negative feed back however there is a way to do it without going overboard.  The problem is it was like ever post I came across you had something negative to say.  NOW I am good with I dont like X feature it sucks ok move on to constructive ideas.  Great thats a value added system.  However when you keep reading the same comment how much something upsets you or you dont like it's like if you dont like it don't play it.  Example I HATE WOW I am never going back to WOW.  I do not sit on these forums and endlessly bash WOW.  When my friends ask me about WOW I state my opinion and move on.  

On a Side note gratz on doing well in game.  Keep it up.  

FFXIV is a good game at the core.  I dont like everything However I get real enjoyment out of a lot in this game.  

I am not sorry on this but I am going to call you F2P players out on this right now.  MrSnuffles.  Now that its F2P for a month you seem happy as a claim.  WHY IS THAT?  You talk so negatively about this game all the time.  Now that is F2P your happy and its good?  What is up with people like you.  Seriously are you that again paying for a dam game that you need to trash it endlessly until its Free because you do not want to spend money?  Serious here because I dont get people like you.   

The game is not worth a subscription because it's not good. Not for the content it offers but i am happy to play it for free every couple of months just to catch up and be ready if it eventually becomes good. FFXI took a while too before it was good (Zilart and CoP).

What is not to get? The game has huge problems but why not give it a try every couple months, maybe a miracale happened and it got better.

Here is an honest question.  What game does not have its problems?  Answer NONE.  

The game is not worth a Subscription in YOUR eyes.  Remember that.  However remember this There are developers, Network Administrators, Customer Support people that DEPEND ON PAYING CUSTOMERS TO PAY THEIR PAYCHECK and FREE DOES NOT GIVE THEM A PAYCHECK.  What it does do is continues to get CEOs to think that some day you will spend a bit of money so they develop business models to get you to spend money and guess what.   That means if the CEO finds a way to cut jobs because they want to try to get a person like you to spend money they will do that.  While I accept a promotion to give people a chance to play a game and TRY IT OUT what I do not agree with is trying to get people like you in their game because you ALREADY do now want to pay a sub.  The game is OK when its FREE yet if it requires money it sucks.  

Edit

Well I am done for the night.  None of this is a an attack on you, its a disagreement with your logic or the way you think about this because it involves paying for a service which people rely on for a paycheck.  But not only that I think of it as this, if I had a beer and it was so bad I hated it, making it free does not make the beer better.  The beer still taste like crap giving that beer away for free is not going to help to pay peoples paychecks' at that beer company.  It's as useless as that beer.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Originally posted by Colt47
    Guys, he's bringing to light a promotion for the game and the only thing you can focus on is how he is happy about being able to play a game without paying for it for a month?  Since when does that count as something worth bashing on?  I don't think I'd bash on someone not paying for a double quarter pounder with cheese during a McDonalds freebie promotion.  

It was his delivery.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!

Here is an honest question.  What game does not have its problems?  Answer NONE.  

The game is not worth a Subscription in YOUR eyes.  Remember that.  However remember this There are developers, Network Administrators, Customer Support people that DEPEND ON PAYING CUSTOMERS TO PAY THEIR PAYCHECK and FREE DOES NOT GIVE THEM A PAYCHECK.  What it does do is continues to get CEOs to think that some day you will spend a bit of money so they develop business models to get you to spend money and guess what.   That means if the CEO finds a way to cut jobs because they want to try to get a person like you to spend money they will do that.  While I accept a promotion to give people a chance to play a game and TRY IT OUT what I do not agree with is trying to get people like you in their game because you ALREADY do now want to pay a sub.  The game is OK when its FREE yet if it requires money it sucks.  

Well, another way to look at it is that if the game isn't worth putting money into, it obviously isn't worth playing.  Personally, I feel FFXIV is worth paying for, just not continuously.  The only way it will be worth a continuous sub is if they find a way to make grouping an option at all levels of play and not just at the basic overworld level.  NPCs that we can control via something like the gambit system and that we can hire via adventurers guild would set FFXIV above a lot of other MMORPGs out there.

Well I am done for the night.  None of this is a an attack on you, its a disagreement with your logic or the way you think about this because it involves paying for a service which people rely on for a paycheck.  But not only that I think of it as this, if I had a beer and it was so bad I hated it, making it free does not make the beer better.  The beer still taste like crap giving that beer away for free is not going to help to pay peoples paychecks' at that beer company.  It's as useless as that beer.

Yes in my eyes it is not worth a subscription, never said different. It's still a horrible dull and boring lobby token grinder and i doubt i will endure the full 30 days. I most likely will do the story quest to catch up and that's it.

This is capitalism and free markets. If i don't want to spend my money on something then that is my free choice. There are thousands of companies out there and they all have employees and paychecks, do i need to buy something from all of them just because they might fire some?

What kinda of twisted fantasy world do you live in?

- Michael Bitton

- SEANMCAD

• lobotarulobotaru Member UncommonPosts: 165

I'm not sure.  I'd be more excited if  we didn't have to do all the stuff we missed since we left just to see the expansion we are throwing money down for.  image

As a person who just blitzkrieged "Dreams of Ice" and "Before the Fall", that is simply not possible. The story has a non-living setup. Patches and expansions increase the breadth of the story that the protagonist is a part of, but nothing moves without input from the player. In order for Ishgarde to be open without completing the main story, the world and story would have to move on without the player, and that simply isn't how they designed the game. 

Originally posted by lobotaru

As a person who just blitzkrieged "Dreams of Ice" and "Before the Fall", that is simply not possible. The story has a non-living setup. Patches and expansions increase the breadth of the story that the protagonist is a part of, but nothing moves without input from the player. In order for Ishgarde to be open without completing the main story, the world and story would have to move on without the player, and that simply isn't how they designed the game. 

By that logic, if someone doesn't come back for this expansion and they release the next one, now they got to get through all of what they didn't do pre expansion, everything they didn't do in the first expansion, and now everything in the following expansion.  Sorry, that is totally BS.

This isn't a complaint about main story progress  limiting what you see in the game, it's a complaint about having access to at least something involving the expansion before catching up with the story.  They couldn't even add some sort of prelude quest chains to the leveling process while people are getting up to level 50?  Just so much as helping sneak refugees of the new race into Uldah territory via boat or something at level 30, or getting some other quests involving the new continent hinting at the trials coming later in the story would go a long way to alleviate this issue.   Right now we don't even get a chance to see any of that until we hit the final mile of pre expansion content.

• booniedog96booniedog96 Member UncommonPosts: 289

Dude, no need to get your panties all up in a bunch generalizing people who play free to play games.  What if the OP was a kid without a job just out of middle school. Instead of haggling his parents to re-up his FFXIV:ARR sub with a new expac he could ask them to get him GW2: HoT.  Now, he can enjoy some time in FFXIV and after he's done with the main quest he can WvW in GW2.  What's with all the hate on f2p games and the people who like to play them?  Do all p2p players share the same conservative view with each other on this matter?  Some people play f2p because believe it or not - they really like to spend their disposable income on a hobby they like, and a lot of it, while plebs like you come on these forums and spew hatred and ignorance.  Take a step back and think about that for a minute.

As for how you address the OP, do you get pissed at people for using coupons to save a buck?  Is your favorite artist Kanye West?  Does your ego need to be stroked occasionally?  Do you like to bully kids?  Do you get a kick out of belittling people who don't follow your self entitled righteous path?  Do you like to kick a man while he's down and out?  

• fineflufffinefluff Member RarePosts: 561

OP are you sure that it means you play one month free? The way I interpret it is that if you sub and log in during this period then the you get the feathers that you can trade for gear.

It doesn't say anywhere that you can play for free.

• sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766

I love how i never have to pay for this game! I only play during these campaigns and i am better or at least equally geared as the people paying for it monthly.

This will also give me the time to do the Story since the last Free week which will take me a day or so, then i have 27 days to play for free and work on my Relic and other job.

----

Eligibility

Players who have subscribed to FINAL FANTASY XIV prior to March 31, 2015 and have not logged into the game between Wednesday, April 1, 2015 and Sunday, June 7, 2015.

Campaign period

Campaign bonus items

When logging into the game with an eligible character, you will be given 10 silver chocobo feathers that you can use to exchange for item level 120 equipment. Silver chocobo feathers can be exchanged via the Calamity Salvager NPC that is located in each city-state.

you say never  have to pay . . .

then I see: * Those who are playing the Free Trial version are not eligible.

so you did have to pay.

remind me again what free means? 

Originally posted by sayuu

----

Eligibility

Campaign period

Campaign bonus items

you say never  have to pay . . .

then I see: * Those who are playing the Free Trial version are not eligible.

so you did have to pay.

remind me again what free means? 

Hmm, rereading the OPs post does make him sound like he has a beef with p2p games and is taking his frustration out on others who are playing p2p games by trying to start a forest fire.  Most likely because he can't or refuses to pay for the right to play and feels that he is getting left out of key features in the game because of it (which he is).  

So... he's basically jealous of p2p players.  image

Originally posted by booniedog96

Dude, no need to get your panties all up in a bunch generalizing people who play free to play games.  What if the OP was a kid without a job just out of middle school. Instead of haggling his parents to re-up his FFXIV:ARR sub with a new expac he could ask them to get him GW2: HoT.  Now, he can enjoy some time in FFXIV and after he's done with the main quest he can WvW in GW2.  What's with all the hate on f2p games and the people who like to play them?  Do all p2p players share the same conservative view with each other on this matter?  Some people play f2p because believe it or not - they really like to spend their disposable income on a hobby they like, and a lot of it, while plebs like you come on these forums and spew hatred and ignorance.  Take a step back and think about that for a minute.

As for how you address the OP, do you get pissed at people for using coupons to save a buck?  Is your favorite artist Kanye West?  Does your ego need to be stroked occasionally?  Do you like to bully kids?  Do you get a kick out of belittling people who don't follow your self entitled righteous path?  Do you like to kick a man while he's down and out?  

I am going to call out the OP because on other FFXIV post he talks so negative towards the game.  YET when the game becomes F2P for a time things are great.  It just shows how much of a problem the MMO community has become.  Always wanting something for Free and never wanting to pay for shit.  Which has caused very good developers as well as good people to leave an industry because people want FREE and feel FREE is best.  Its become a horrible pattern in MMOs and I am tired of seeing this genera become what it has.  For example I dont like other games, THEY DO NOT MAGICALLY BECOME BETTER when free and I DO NOT GO PLAY THEM when free.  Too me its shut them off if they cannot make it as a Sub MMO.  WHY?  Because what money comes off of F2P MMOs go to the India Market to make labor cheaper AND to the CEOs/Investors pockets.   THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR THE GAMER as much as people want to believe so.  Its also not good for Americans because money does not flow back into the economy when it goes off to India it says there.  

I dont care what you think or say.  When the OP goes on for weeks HOW BAD a game is then when it's free to him he acts as if everything is great, IS BULLSHIT.  Its an Agenda in my eyes to drive home his point if free he will play.  Very much like every other F2P Player out there.  They pull the same tactic all the time.  The GAME IS SH*T until FREE.   

• Froggie85Froggie85 Member UncommonPosts: 221

Well, another way to look at it is that if the game isn't worth putting money into, it obviously isn't worth playing.  Personally, I feel FFXIV is worth paying for, just not continuously.  The only way it will be worth a continuous sub is if they find a way to make grouping an option at all levels of play and not just at the basic overworld level.  NPCs that we can control via something like the gambit system and that we can hire via adventurers guild would set FFXIV above a lot of other MMORPGs out there.

Get your wallet ready: 

[2.0] The first time completion bonus has been adjusted as follows:

The amount of gil received has been increased.

The type of Allagan tomestones received for first time completion has been changed.

Players will now receive Allagan tomestones of poetics.

Players can now receive a first time completion bonus for the following duties:

The Keeper of the Lake / The Wanderer’s Palace (Hard) / Amdapor Keep (Hard) / The Chrysalis / The Steps of Faith / Urth’s Fount / Battle in the Big Keep / The World of Darkness

[2.0] The Duty Finder Settings menu has been added to the Duty Finder.

[2.0] The Undersized Party option has been added to the Duty Finder Settings menu.

Using this option, players can participate in duties without meeting minimum party member requirements. Furthermore, role requirements, level sync, and item sync are ignored when this option is enabled.

The Undersized Party option can only be used for the following duties
    2.X dungeons / 2.X Trials / Binding Coil of Bahamut / Second Coil of Bahamut / Final Coil of Bahamut

This option has no effect on the strength of enemies or mechanics in the duties it is applied to. Players will still receive treasure rewards, first time completion bonuses, and experience points upon completion of duty when using this option. However, players will not receive experience points or items from enemies that appear prior to boss encounters. Spirit bond and soul resonance cannot be gained when using this option.

* Only the party leader may select this setting.

[2.0] The Minimum IL option has been added to the Duty Finder Settings menu.

Using this option, all gear will be item level synced to the minimum requirement of the duty where it is applied. Minimum IL can be used with the required number of party members or in conjunction with the undersized party option. This option is recommended for players who wish to challenge duties as they were when first introduced.

* The level sync enforced by Minimum IL will take effect even when used in conjunction with the undersized party option.
    * Only the party leader may select this setting.

[2.0] Loot rules can now be set when entering a duty while meeting the party size requirements or when using the undersized party option.

Players can access the Loot Rules tab of the Duty Finder Settings menu after meeting party size requirements, or by enabling the undersized party option. Doing so will give parties the option of using normal loot rules, greed only, or setting the party leader as lootmaster to determine individual loot distribution.

* Loot rules cannot be set for duties that require an alliance.
    * The party leader will not be randomly assigned upon entering a duty when lootmaster is enabled.

Loot rules can be confirmed on the duty commencement window.

Source: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/464263b3ce6026cdf98a49bf8f98c204c6199e5a#system

We knew this over a month ago.

• gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

Why is it not good?

Where is this list of huge problems?

I don't play any longer - initially because I was having issues with the forced dungeon/raiding to advance my character - every one I was forced to do was a horrible experience - everything was a complete rush and not only that you were expected to have watched a youtube of someone else rushing through

After 4 or 5 of these I stopped playing just before I was expected to go through it again - still, I quite enjoyed the rest of the game - particularly crafting

before being tempted back into playing (and paying) again it was announced that even subscribers were expected to pay extra for additional storage - uninstalled and threw the box and disc(s) away

This discussion has been closed.