Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do they Refund your game and cost you paid?

kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707
I bought this game from GmG and I know their policy will be no. But will square enix send me the difference I lost?

I bought a MMO and ended up buying a you can't play with your friends simulator. The server I was trying to get on been locked for almost 2 weeks now and I try about 12 hours a day running in the background. I even switched my sleep right around a week later trying to get on early in the mornings.

Is this seriously their vision of a MMO? Worst part I said can you guys not just move your characters to a new server? Apparently no...

So that is it I either charge back everyone.. Get my accounts locked or bit the bullet and just lose the money or worse yet play a MMO without playing with my friends.

PS: This was 2 weeks + Ago not starting today. Today just bites the bullet because now everyone has come back.

SNIP

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Unfortunately, it is a very popular game, and some servers are not accessible to new players, although its possible that places may open up in the future as spots become available. As for the refund thing, you need to get in touch with whichever retail outlet you purchased it from. Steam recently started allowing refunds for games, providing they are purchased within the last 2 weeks and they have been played for less than 2 hours, not sure what GmG's policy is, but its possible they have something similar, but if you have exceeded those limitations, then your chances are probably not very good.image
  • AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    I probaly sound like a smart ass but... why not just ask square enix support ?
  • uidLuc1duidLuc1d Member UncommonPosts: 194
    When the game first came out the only way I could play for the first three weeks was on the non US servers.  Not being able to access the product I paid for, for three weeks was evidence enough for Chase to perform a charge back for Failure to Provide Services Paid For.  Contact your bank.  ( Keep in mind Square will axe the account almost immediately, and black ball the card you performed the charge back on... which in my case was fine )
  • kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707
    To make things worse. They actually let you Pay Transfer characters during a full server. 

SNIP

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    Originally posted by kanechart
    To make things worse. They actually let you Pay Transfer characters during a full server. 

So your friends could transfer to your server if they wanted.

Afaik you can't pay to transfer to their server, at least according to info here you can't transfer to a server with character creation restrictions: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/help/option_service/world_transfer_service/

I'm sorry for your situation, but I don't think you can do anything but wait. In a couple of months your friend's server will likely have free character creation spots again, and they'll be able to tell you about it so that you can join their server.

Getting a refund because a single server is full is really unlikely. As long as there are servers with free spots in them, Square Enix is giving you the service they sold. You can't expect that they'd fit all their players on a single server.

Originally posted by Vrika

So your friends could transfer to your server if they wanted.

Afaik you can't pay to transfer to their server, at least according to info here you can't transfer to a server with character creation restrictions: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/help/option_service/world_transfer_service/

I'm sorry for your situation, but I don't think you can do anything but wait. In a couple of months your friend's server will likely have free character creation spots again, and they'll be able to tell you about it so that you can join their server.

Getting a refund because a single server is full is really unlikely. As long as there are servers with free spots in them, Square Enix is giving you the service they sold. You can't expect that they'd fit all their players on a single server.

It's like paying for a wedding but they never said the bride and groom had to be at the same venue.. I don't agree with your look at it. Yes let a dozen friends pay crooks to transfer off a server at cost... That is tech full so it should have free transfers... Not to be a jerk but I have a feeling you might be coming off as a bit of a fan.. I assume your all for the retainers costing money and added new ones in but not adding ones you can obtain for free?

SNIP

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

I had a similar problem to you, however, i found that at certain times on certain days that you could create a character on any server.

They rotate character creation restrictions every 3-4 hours a day.  It is a bit mismanaged and annoying, no doubt.

• WaldoeWaldoe Member UncommonPosts: 642
    Start a character on a server that is not restricted. Transfer your character to a server that is not restricted. Not very difficult. People complain when game servers are dead and apparently they cry when they are too full too.

There is also a site that will notify you the second a particular server eases character restrictions. Makes getting onto a full server very easy.

http://worlds.nyxstudios.moe/
    Originally posted by Waldoe
    Start a character on a server that is not restricted. Transfer your character to a server that is not restricted. Not very difficult. People complain when game servers are dead and apparently they cry when they are too full too. There is also a site that will notify you the second a particular server eases character restrictions. Makes getting onto a full server very easy.

You mean the $20 transfer or there is a free one?

SNIP

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

I had a similar problem to you, however, i found that at certain times on certain days that you could create a character on any server.

They rotate character creation restrictions every 3-4 hours a day.  It is a bit mismanaged and annoying, no doubt.

If OP was unable to create character before the launch of expansion, despite changing his sleeping times to do it, it's very unlikely that he'd be able to create a character now that a new expansion has just launched.

EDIT: The website mentioned by Waldoe could help. /EDIT

EDIT 2: OP, it looks like the best time to try creating a new character is right after server restart. You might want to keep your eyes open for those, and try right when the server comes online /EDIT

Start a character on a server that is not restricted. Transfer your character to a server that is not restricted. Not very difficult. People complain when game servers are dead and apparently they cry when they are too full too. There is also a site that will notify you the second a particular server eases character restrictions. Makes getting onto a full server very easy.

You mean the $20 transfer or there is a free one?

If you want the issue fixed immediately pay the $18. If you want a free solution use the server notification tool. It is going to be incredibly tough to get in some servers though with the release of the expansion. Players will curse SE out for that though.
  • Darkfalz89Darkfalz89 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    I bought this game from GmG and I know their policy will be no. But will square enix send me the difference I lost? I bought a MMO and ended up buying a you can't play with your friends simulator. The server I was trying to get on been locked for almost 2 weeks now and I try about 12 hours a day running in the background. I even switched my sleep right around a week later trying to get on early in the mornings. Is this seriously their vision of a MMO? Worst part I said can you guys not just move your characters to a new server? Apparently no... So that is it I either charge back everyone.. Get my accounts locked or bit the bullet and just lose the money or worse yet play a MMO without playing with my friends. PS: This was 2 weeks + Ago not starting today. Today just bites the bullet because now everyone has come back.

Honestly not trying to be mean here, but waiting till an expansions launch to try to make a character was a pretty bad move. Our roommate wanted to try the game again when he found out about HW but he was on another server. Me and the GF paid his sub and even weeks leading up to HW launch YES our server (Excalibur) was full but around 4 AM our time character creation opens up. Took a few tries because hes not used to staying up that late due to his work schedule but after 4 days of it coming up at the same time he managed to brave it through on the 4th night and make his character. From what I understand making new characters has been disabled indefinitely for the HW launch IF you/your friends are on a already populated server prior to the expansion launch. 

The very fact that your friends never notified you of this is pretty messed up tbh, and they should be eating your transfer fee since they want YOU playing with them.

• Darkfalz89Darkfalz89 Member UncommonPosts: 581

If you want the issue fixed immediately pay the $18. If you want a free solution use the server notification tool. It is going to be incredibly tough to get in some servers though with the release of the expansion. Players will curse SE out for that though.

Which is feel is fairly ironic in its own sense, if SE allowed anyone to create a character specially in the surge of activity a expansion brings to a game we would be looking at login ques for the first two weeks like every other launch. Sure the entire Primal shard was down for a good two hours last night so I had to wait to play but not nearly as bad as 2.0 or other launches have been. 

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

Sorry OP, but servers hold how many players?  I venture to say in the realm of a thousand maybe? Don't know but it's definitely not a tiny number.

You are unlucky in that you can't create a character on that server but to expect SE to expand their server just for you is silly at best.

You came late, you don't get preferred seating...just like anything else. 

• viletot0viletot0 Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Not sure which server the OP is trying to get onto but I just made a new character on Balmung last night which is pretty tough to get onto.  I just waited till after midnight and checked.  at that time you could make a character on any NA server (including all the legacy servers)  This was the night before the new expansion went to early start.  you just need to keep trying and you will get on.  I only started trying to make a character there yesterday afternoon. 
    Originally posted by Kajidourden

Sorry OP, but servers hold how many players?  I venture to say in the realm of a thousand maybe? Don't know but it's definitely not a tiny number.

You are unlucky in that you can't create a character on that server but to expect SE to expand their server just for you is silly at best.

You came late, you don't get preferred seating...just like anything else. 

Nope, I expect them to offer free transfers off the populated servers so my friends can join me on a lower populated server. Also I expect Them to remove transfers to full servers for money. As if it's full then it should be 100% denied. I think these are pretty fair and honorable requests. There is no honor in cheating your customers. 

SNIP

Originally posted by Darkfalz89

Which is feel is fairly ironic in its own sense, if SE allowed anyone to create a character specially in the surge of activity a expansion brings to a game we would be looking at login ques for the first two weeks like every other launch. Sure the entire Primal shard was down for a good two hours last night so I had to wait to play but not nearly as bad as 2.0 or other launches have been. 

Plays the game and trolls these forums constantly.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Are saying that even now you are completely unable to create a character ever on a particular server, it is always 100% full and unavailable, I find that unbelievable.