Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For all who are bored of WOW

ReallyNow10ReallyNow10 Member UncommonPosts: 2,255

You got it easy.  Imagine if you were one of those paid levelers living overseas, earning 50 cents a day to power-level the characters of strangers over and over and over ....

Blah ....

Yes, we have it easy, we can take a break and come back as we please.

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member RarePosts: 2,519

Good point. I'm still bored though. I won't be coming back.

Make PvE GREAT Again!
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,417

i dont get bored of WoW.

Why? because i only subscribe when there is story to be told. I dont care about anything else other than the magnificent lore. The best part is that both factions offer enough varied storylines so i never do the same thing with 2 character. I have enough time to see all the lore and storylines from Draenor before the next expansion hits the stores so i dont have to sub every month.

• AudoucetAudoucet Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Originally posted by ReallyNow10

You got it easy.  Imagine if you were one of those paid levelers living overseas, earning 50 cents a day to power-level the characters of strangers over and over and over ....

Blah ....

Well at least they get paid. And they're mostly like 13/14, so they should be gratefull, they get to play for free ! :-D

• jaxomejaxome Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Haven't been back since vanilla - no point in ruining something at its pinnacle

I came back like two weeks ago and hadnt played for more then like a week or two since vanilla. I think the new expansion is awesome and WoW is a great single player game with online options lol it might be at its pinnacle but it can still be fun... The story in the first zone alone was worth my money I think.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,277
    WoW is the best mobile game around.
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    I thought the paid lvl 90 boost put most of those people out of work.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,569
    I don't know, I've had my sub for quite a long time, still subbed because I like playing it with my girlfriend, I don't really get bored of it. But I also play other games in my free time so maybe just a variation of MMO's causes less boredom?
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    I guess when you put it that way, yes we are definitely luckier than people in the third world.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,034

The sad thing is that there isn't really any decent alternative.

Other games are either riding FADs with the way they designed their game, trying to cater to hardcore followers of their line of games, or are just to slow or clunky in game play to bother - and they still don't have the budget Blizzard has to design decent expansions and support them in the same way.

On top of that, WoW is one of the only games on the market with a player base so large that isn't super fickle.  They have a monopoly on most of the players that are willing to play one game with dedication and give you the type of reliability that's required to run a large raiding guild or something like that.  Most other games fall short in that regard, unless you are truly elite and in the top 10% of their much smaller player bases (that also makes it extremely hard to get there, as catching up is a lot harder when your guild is canceling half of its raid nights because the game's player base is comprised primarily of super casuals who "have RL stuff to do").

Even still, WoW can get boring because it's a raid treadmill.  The heroics and dungeons had such a low shelf life that they weren't worth doing after two weeks and the Challenge Mode was not worth it except for the "ladder" system attached to it for the egoists.  Additionally, you could basically gear up with your garrison, even if you barely did anything in the raid zones.  Basically free raid gear, something they're addressing in the upcoming patch.

Further, they sort of destroyed a lot of the side activities in the game as well:

1.  They oversimplified the Talent System to the point that it becomes extremely easy to get to a Meta Build and there really isn't much build flexibility in it.  It's just way too shallow.  The old Talent Trees were much better, IMO.

2.  Classes were simplified too much, as well, which exacerbates #1.

3.  Garrisons destroyed Crafting.  It also basically farmed Materials for you, so there's literally no need to leave you garrison to do any of that stuff.  People just sat in their garrisons between raids and Dailies.  It was horrible from a 1st person perspective being logged in and realizing...  You're actually, literally, specifically... wasting your time just being logged into the game.  It's the first game that actually designed itself out of giving you an incentive to actually play it, with this expansion.

4.  They basically destroyed the Enchanting System by limiting people to too-few slows and too few choices for those slots.  I'm sure other tradeskills were hit just as hard.

And the result:  More of the same, just nothing to think about (boring, lacking in engagement) and with even wilder swings when the inevitable nerf roll in since some classes were so hugely benefiting from certain talents, instead of a multitude of them working together, allowing the dev to fine tune things a bit more as far as that's concerned.

IMO, Blizzard should release a content (not raid content) focused expansion a bit sooner than they usually would.  The game has truly turned into basically the Arena, except for both PvP and PvE.  You sit around and wait for stuff to do, with literally nothing to do in between that.  Ashran was fun for about a week, but a lot of people are over that.  It's also more out of balance than Wintergrasp could ever hope to be (and quite a bit less fun as well).

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    When you compare what gw2, eso, ff14 and even wildstar had to offer over that ^^ you can see that the alternatives to wow are in abundance. The real problem is that people done want to lose their track record aka achievement history

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Imagine blizzard wiped the servers and started again, then look at wow, ff14, eso, gw2, archeage as If thry had all just released today. It would be hard to imagine wow not comming last in terms of attracting players.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• jaxomejaxome Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    Imagine blizzard wiped the servers and started again, then look at wow, ff14, eso, gw2, archeage as If thry had all just released today. It would be hard to imagine wow not comming last in terms of attracting players.

Don't like ESO, don't enjoy the combat. FF makes me sad for some reason, Gw2 doesn't have a class I enjoy, Archeage wont launch more then 3 times on my computer without being reinstalled thanks to that anti hack crap. I stopped playing WoW when they launched the group finder, I was already angry WoW wasn't SWG and SOE had killed SWG, once the group finder happened I was like WoW isnt even an MMORPG any more and rage quit. Plus I hate how easy Blizzard games are, and how they change every few weeks to make the cry babies happy. 

Long story shortish, I started playing WoW again and treat it like a single player game, Im not rushing, im reading quests and enjoying the game. I have to say it is 10 times more fun then I had in any of the other games I was playing. Even if WoW whipped the servers, or started a new server, the game has a few expansions and completed content and so much to offer if you haven't done it all already 3000 times. Even if you have WoW still has people playing and I doubt it is just cause they cant give up the character and its virtual crap but rather the guild and the friends they have made in the game....

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by ReallyNow10

Blah ....

So we have to stop being ambitious and just accept everything everyone throws at us because 'at least we have it better then a 3rd world country'?

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 2,661
    That quest where the guy got possessed and was floating around the room forget what it was but it was in Stormwind, thought that was entertaining. But that was a long time ago before easy mode set in.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• FomaldehydeJimFomaldehydeJim Member UncommonPosts: 673
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Haven't been back since vanilla - no point in ruining something at its pinnacle

Vanilla was superb and I even enjoyed TBC for a little while, I went back once around MOP time and lasted less than a few days. Sometimes memories are best left as just that.