Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FF8

I hear alot of people saying that final fantasy 8 is really bad. Why? can u actually tell me why it was bad, i mean it had good graphics and has one of the best battle systems of all the final fantasy. I mean gf where the best. Getting weapons to do different limit breaks. Not to mention that u can actually interact with the limit break. The story was awesome and i still dont get why people said that it was bad. i mean the people who say that is usually people who never played the game or people who are just following everybody else. You guys are just trying to act koo and say what everybody else says. i dont care what people reply to this message but u cant actually say that ff8 is a bad game cause its not.

ps. for those who doesnt like ff10 are more likely xbox or gamecube owners

Comments

• WolfauraWolfaura Member Posts: 5

I really like FF8, it's my second fave and above FFX, but the thing I didn't like is the annoying junction system the way you have to change everything around before each major battle, otherwise if you get it wrong, you might end up Ko'ed  image

courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death

courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

to me the final fantasy games are all story. ff tactics was by far the best, it had a fantastic story and its still the best strategy/rpg ever. of the regular series 7, as most people would say, is the best. ill bet most people that played it can name every character, every 1 of them had some memorable trait. also 7 was the 1st 3d rpg ever i believe. anyway, i can remember some of the characters rom 8, but the story was just dumb. they could have called it "ff8: squalls crazy college road trip!". and i didnt like the junction system either, bring back materia!

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."
    - Unknown Author

--------------------------------------

• aaddamaaddam Member Posts: 83

I feel the same as satans here, i could not stand the the junction system in 8 and still think the materia system of 7 was the best(although i like the system in x to).

As for the story i just could not get into it, it just did not capture me like the others did.

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724
    I must have strange tastes, cause nobody ever mentions it, but FF9 was by far my favorite.  image

• TidaneTidane Member Posts: 34
    FFVIII was good. No reason to bring back Materia, as every game should try new and inventive ways. FFI was really the most RPG FF, because the characters didn't have personalities, but...my favorite is FFVI.

Name: Tidane
    Race: Hume
    Class: Warrior
    Level: N/A
    Link: Vana'diel Warriors

Name: Tidane
    Race: Hume
    Class: Warrior
    Level: N/A
    Link: Vana'diel Warriors

• RagansyRagansy Member Posts: 20

The main reasons many people, myself included, don't like FFVIII are as follows.  There is not goal to build the levels of your character up because the enemys levels are determined by your current level.  You never can buy weapons or armor.  You will spend countless hours just trying to get one part to upgrade your current weapon.  You cannot equip armor or relics at all.  Each character is just as capable in battler as any other one ( FFVII aslo has this but the rest of the game out weighs this).  There also was not enough of the fantasy element to this game as there was to the others of the series.

.... there are many more reasons as well but these are the reasons why the majority did not like FFVIII as a Final Fantasy game.  If this game was not called final fantasy it would be an incredable game, it just does not live up to the standards thats many final fantasy fans have come to expect

"Don't tell me to go to hell when you don't know what heaven is"

"Don't tell me to go to hell when you don't know what heaven is"