Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is EQNext Vaporware?

11617182022

Comments

  • SyndromofaDownSyndromofaDown Member UncommonPosts: 325
    I played it because its mostly new and some like the black flip are new to Landmark. And the environment is so much better...We forgot Landmarks PC is just a something to build on, not actually be the world. And the boots of the zypher is actually very cool! no more levs from necros or mages.
  • AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Wasn't this considered gameplay? missing AI.
    We really don't know. They said it was live, but it seems kind of weird that they focused so much on them "really playing" when they really didn't show anything since there wasn't UI or any sense of control. They could of easily just had their hands on a keyboard doing nothing as a pre-recorded video played.

    Either way, what they showed their and what combat looks like in Landmark are very different. So either they changed the system or what is in Landmark was some offshoot draft which they've said to have now gone and worked on combat for X amount of time and are testing it finally.

    "Gameplay" is what you want it to be, but doing a bunch of AOEs on target dummies doesn't really make "gameplay" to everyone. To me it shows that they do have other stuff cooked up that hasn't made it into Landmark though.

    Remember though, that was over 2 years ago. We've had Landmark for the majority of that time and they've said over and over that LM is what we should look at to get a sense of how EQN will function. Unfortunately a lot of Landmark is rather blah.


  • AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,094

    But I can now see what you have missed
    Did you actually play WoW? Did you beat all the high end content in Vanilla and or beyond?

    Would be interested in which EQ content is "harder" or whatever in comparison. As well as what mechanics haven't been surpassed and why. Players shrinking in size is not that impressive, sorry. Going by what you listed, I'm doubting you've ever played WoW or any other game since 1999 to believe EQ is full up on things that haven't either been copied and or improved upon.

    Haven't played either game in a very very long time, but neither seemed "extremely" difficult as you claim, although WoW had more variety in challenges. Found EQ raiding rather boring in comparison, then again I didn't spend much time doing it either. WoW on the other hand I was in a higher end guild.

    WoW and EQ while very similar, do have different mechanics. I might be misunderstanding you, but you seem to imply that RNG and behind the scenes dice rolls make for a better and or challenging game? WoW has plenty of that as well, but I prefer actual player skill to matter, not what the game decides for me. Looking at the explosion of competitive games, especially more active ones, I'm not a lone.

    I'm a PVPer at heart and have done so since I began playing MUDs. Did it on the Zeks where playing was a lot more challenging than whatever blue server you most likely were on.

    I was an "adult" when WoW came out, don't believe the visuals did anything for me. I actually like EQ SOL models more. I didn't jump into UO/EQ when they first launched because I didn't see them as anything special, was having a blast playing MUDs.

    Again, everything you've said is completely subjective based on what you want, not factoring in anything that apparently has happened since EQ's launch. This wave of "adults" incoming hopefully gets here soon so you can play all the games you are predicted are for them only.

    Neither WoW or EQ were better than the other. Simply different styles of games. Sadly for you, your preference was crushed. Luckily some folks are trying to rekindle the spirit, but I highly doubt it will do anything to change the course of the genre/market. Way too many "children" and open minded gamers these days. Sorry you couldn't keep up and don't like change, but that's how the world works.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,102
    I raided in both...i found WoW more entertaining and EQ more difficult....We had raids with 72 people that would wipe and then corpse runs...Wow had nothing to compare to that.
  • Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945
    So what do you think? Imagine that with 40 classes and Storybricks content generation. Looks like a fun Sandbox. Skip to 1:17:06 for the gameplay

    That is what it looks like to have human controlled avatars, so yes that is something.  Not sure it is gameplay though.  No UI, the devs don't look to be hitting anything but movement keys, the NPCs in the first 4 encounters just stand there and that last fight is a blur of particle effects, but something is happening.  Very cool when the floor was destroyed after the huge beast thing died. 

    40 classes, no thank you.  One of EQ2s biggest problems is too many classes.  Ideally classless system, but if not then a handful of base classes with the player choosing many abilities to suit their desired playstyle. 

    Storybricks sounds like huge potential as initially described.

    Still waiting to see what will make this game a sandbox.


  • SyndromofaDownSyndromofaDown Member UncommonPosts: 325
    I raided in both...i found WoW more entertaining and EQ more difficult....We had raids with 72 people that would wipe and then corpse runs...Wow had nothing to compare to that.
    My guild is currently raiding T2 CotF and its pretty easy for us. It kinda helps we are the top 3 guilds in all of Everquest for the Plane of War TIme trial. Everquest is maniacally mechanically masochist when it comes to what the guild is up against during the raid. Ive seen WoW raids and the guy isn't even communicating on Teamspeak at all. I mean WoW is still tank and spank and EQ went passed that in 2005...But yeah i would like to play the WoW raids especially on Mythic i dont think i can ever make a mistake in 200 tries...
  • AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,094
    I raided in both...i found WoW more entertaining and EQ more difficult....We had raids with 72 people that would wipe and then corpse runs...Wow had nothing to compare to that.
    Why would you wipe?

    Be it, 5-20-40-72+ usually boils down to the same concept. One or more individuals screwed up and or the game threw a unforeseen curve ball and people couldn't react to. EQ didn't have the assistance of 3rd party addons, guides, sites, etc and simply was played by fewer people to contribute to all these, which made it more naturally harder.

    Those going into WoW had more experience coming from EQ and other games. Hence why only the top 1-5% of the millions and millions that played Vanilla WoW actually downed raid bosses, most people didn't know what they were doing.

    Corpse runs, competing against other guilds and other "hard" features of EQ didn't actually make the content itself harder from my perspective, but did make for a more challenging experience. Which is why I prefer PVP and FFA game styles when possible. Learning and beating the AI dance is initially challenging, but once you get it down, just going through the motions.

    With 72 people I'd image most wipes were do to a few individuals and not the overall group being mentally outdone by the game. The more people involved, the harder it becomes. To me the #1 most difficult aspect of raiding is getting X number of people to shut up, take directions, and then actually follow through. 
  • SyndromofaDownSyndromofaDown Member UncommonPosts: 325
    Allein said:

    But I can now see what you have missed
    Did you actually play WoW? Did you beat all the high end content in Vanilla and or beyond?

    Would be interested in which EQ content is "harder" or whatever in comparison. As well as what mechanics haven't been surpassed and why. Players shrinking in size is not that impressive, sorry. Going by what you listed, I'm doubting you've ever played WoW or any other game since 1999 to believe EQ is full up on things that haven't either been copied and or improved upon.

    Haven't played either game in a very very long time, but neither seemed "extremely" difficult as you claim, although WoW had more variety in challenges. Found EQ raiding rather boring in comparison, then again I didn't spend much time doing it either. WoW on the other hand I was in a higher end guild.

    WoW and EQ while very similar, do have different mechanics. I might be misunderstanding you, but you seem to imply that RNG and behind the scenes dice rolls make for a better and or challenging game? WoW has plenty of that as well, but I prefer actual player skill to matter, not what the game decides for me. Looking at the explosion of competitive games, especially more active ones, I'm not a lone.

    I'm a PVPer at heart and have done so since I began playing MUDs. Did it on the Zeks where playing was a lot more challenging than whatever blue server you most likely were on.

    I was an "adult" when WoW came out, don't believe the visuals did anything for me. I actually like EQ SOL models more. I didn't jump into UO/EQ when they first launched because I didn't see them as anything special, was having a blast playing MUDs.

    Again, everything you've said is completely subjective based on what you want, not factoring in anything that apparently has happened since EQ's launch. This wave of "adults" incoming hopefully gets here soon so you can play all the games you are predicted are for them only.

    Neither WoW or EQ were better than the other. Simply different styles of games. Sadly for you, your preference was crushed. Luckily some folks are trying to rekindle the spirit, but I highly doubt it will do anything to change the course of the genre/market. Way too many "children" and open minded gamers these days. Sorry you couldn't keep up and don't like change, but that's how the world works.
    I watch WoW raids on twitch just to keep up with my hobby, It seems mythic is the "wrong" type of hard, its total expertise but lacks finesse that makes the raid "fun". Im kinda happy with EQ raids right now i dont think i can look back and say it wasn't worth it, a year of playing 84 total days of being online, 11k Alternate Advancements i had to learn and the great thing i use all of them, the game is very good at using all classes and assign a strategy to each class does there is no stone unturned everything is all in the right place...I think 100 players out of 2000 see the endgame content in my server and i hope i do if we make it that far...
  • MrkuikenMrkuiken Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Allein said:
    I raided in both...i found WoW more entertaining and EQ more difficult....We had raids with 72 people that would wipe and then corpse runs...Wow had nothing to compare to that.
    Why would you wipe?

    Be it, 5-20-40-72+ usually boils down to the same concept. One or more individuals screwed up and or the game threw a unforeseen curve ball and people couldn't react to. EQ didn't have the assistance of 3rd party addons, guides, sites, etc and simply was played by fewer people to contribute to all these, which made it more naturally harder.

    Those going into WoW had more experience coming from EQ and other games. Hence why only the top 1-5% of the millions and millions that played Vanilla WoW actually downed raid bosses, most people didn't know what they were doing.

    Corpse runs, competing against other guilds and other "hard" features of EQ didn't actually make the content itself harder from my perspective, but did make for a more challenging experience. Which is why I prefer PVP and FFA game styles when possible. Learning and beating the AI dance is initially challenging, but once you get it down, just going through the motions.

    With 72 people I'd image most wipes were do to a few individuals and not the overall group being mentally outdone by the game. The more people involved, the harder it becomes. To me the #1 most difficult aspect of raiding is getting X number of people to shut up, take directions, and then actually follow through. 
    You are wrong on EQ. I have not raided in WoW(only casual played it) so can not talk about that.
    1. It has nothing to do with assistance of a 3rd party, addons, guides,sites,etc(Everyone knows the tactics of beating bosses, simply because we had  to beta test content, so stuff get leaked(talking about the top guilds).
    2. You do not compete with each other, its simply Server-wide first or server first, there are a few exceptions.
    3. Corpse runes just made it sometimes more annoying not harder, since you had to reset the instance and have to restart again with killing endless trash mobs to get to the bosses.
    4. Its not because of some individuals, only stupid wipes are because of individuals.
    5. the rest is all about having enough healing power, keeping tanks up and doing enough DMG, and learning the mechanics.
    6. Even if you know exactly what to do it can still be a challenge to get them down every-time, of course with more gear it gets easy-er and easy-er.

    "Allein said: With 72 people I'd image most wipes were do to a few individuals and not the overall group being mentally outdone by the game. The more people involved, the harder it becomes. To me the #1 most difficult aspect of raiding is getting X number of people to shut up, take directions, and then actually follow through." 

    Your so wrong about this and that means to me that you have zero experience in a Raiding guild(High end):
    Because then you should know that those guilds only have the best of the best players. that know how to take directions and know how to follow and most have years of raiding experience(20+ hours a week).
    If you wanted to join a top end guild in EQ it mostly takes you like 3 to 6 months to be a member and more then a year to be a full member.

    Just wanted to say this, since you have a wrong idea about EQ :)


    p.s sorry for bad english
  • AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,094
    I watch WoW raids on twitch just to keep up with my hobby, It seems mythic is the "wrong" type of hard, its total expertise but lacks finesse that makes the raid "fun". Im kinda happy with EQ raids right now i dont think i can look back and say it wasn't worth it, a year of playing 84 total days of being online, 11k Alternate Advancements i had to learn and the great thing i use all of them, the game is very good at using all classes and assign a strategy to each class does there is no stone unturned everything is all in the right place...I think 100 players out of 2000 see the endgame content in my server and i hope i do if we make it that far...
    Believe that comes out to 5 hrs a day over a year. You sir have time to kill, I'll give you that. No clue how EQ functions today, but from what I know and understand from others, it isn't anything like the early days.
  • AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,094
    edited September 2015

    Mrkuiken said:
    Just wanted to say this, since you have a wrong idea about EQ :)
    1. You agreed with me thanks.
    2. Did you play early EQ? Open world/dungeons didn't have guilds fighting? Individuals bickered about individual mob spawns...then again I mostly played on the Zeks which were worse, but other servers were the same.
    3. Correct, just meant it was more difficult as you couldn't just die then run back and start again.
    4. So what are smart wipes caused by? Notice my first question...
    5. That is pretty much any game with decent PVE. WoW included.
    6. Again, just like any other game that requires team work and brainpower. Neither are unique to EQ.

    ~7. So the best of the best players never screw up? Everything goes perfectly and it's a win on 1st try? Maybe it's a misunderstanding, but no matter how good a guild or member is, mistakes happen.

    As I said, I didn't do too much raiding in EQ as the guild fighting on top of PVP was hard, but from what I did experience and know of it (had friends that were much more into EQ than I), didn't find it oh so crazy hard at least compared to WoW.

    And sadly, I did raid/play over 20 hours a week when I was younger. Work, family, life don't allow that any more.

    Not sure if my ideas are wrong about EQ, but they are mine. We each experience things differently believe it or not. 
  • MrkuikenMrkuiken Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Allein said:

    Mrkuiken said:
    Just wanted to say this, since you have a wrong idea about EQ :)
    1. You agreed with me thanks.
    2. Did you play early EQ? Open world/dungeons didn't have guilds fighting? Individuals bickered about individual mob spawns...then again I mostly played on the Zeks which were worse, but other servers were the same.
    3. Correct, just meant it was more difficult as you couldn't just die then run back and start again.
    4. So what are smart wipes caused by? Notice my first question...
    5. That is pretty much any game with decent PVE. WoW included.
    6. Again, just like any other game that requires team work and brainpower. Neither are unique to EQ.

    ~7. So the best of the best players never screw up? Everything goes perfectly and it's a win on 1st try? Maybe it's a misunderstanding, but no matter how good a guild or member is, mistakes happen.

    As I said, I didn't do too much raiding in EQ as the guild fighting on top of PVP was hard, but from what I did experience and know of it (had friends that were much more into EQ than I), didn't find it oh so crazy hard at least compared to WoW.

    And sadly, I did raid/play over 20 hours a week when I was younger. Work, family, life don't allow that any more.

    Not sure if my ideas are wrong about EQ, but they are mine. We each experience things differently believe it or not. 
    2. You right i kinda forgot about that, played the same game for so long does that :).
    4. Stupid wipes are, people afking when you started the event, or simply misses emotes in raids like the well know "Duck"
    5. True, But i only High end raided in EQ:) so can only talk about that hehe
    7. It's not really about screw ups of course everyone makes them, meant it more that you say that they do not shut up or cant follow directions, if they could not do that they would not be in those guilds i kinda meant to say.

    I can not compare EQ and WoW since i have only raid experience in EQ so no clue which is harder. 
    I only can say that High end EQ raiding was difficult.

    Same here played EQ for 12 years(10 years in a top 5 server-wide guild thats indead 20+ hours a week for 10 years) 
    Thank god that i quit EQ in 2010 lol :)


    "Not sure if my ideas are wrong about EQ, but they are mine. We each experience things differently believe it or not. "

    You are true about that for sure:)
  • MrkuikenMrkuiken Member UncommonPosts: 33

    Mrkuiken said:
    Allein said:

    Mrkuiken said:
    Just wanted to say this, since you have a wrong idea about EQ :)
    1. You agreed with me thanks.
    2. Did you play early EQ? Open world/dungeons didn't have guilds fighting? Individuals bickered about individual mob spawns...then again I mostly played on the Zeks which were worse, but other servers were the same.
    3. Correct, just meant it was more difficult as you couldn't just die then run back and start again.
    4. So what are smart wipes caused by? Notice my first question...
    5. That is pretty much any game with decent PVE. WoW included.
    6. Again, just like any other game that requires team work and brainpower. Neither are unique to EQ.

    ~7. So the best of the best players never screw up? Everything goes perfectly and it's a win on 1st try? Maybe it's a misunderstanding, but no matter how good a guild or member is, mistakes happen.

    As I said, I didn't do too much raiding in EQ as the guild fighting on top of PVP was hard, but from what I did experience and know of it (had friends that were much more into EQ than I), didn't find it oh so crazy hard at least compared to WoW.

    And sadly, I did raid/play over 20 hours a week when I was younger. Work, family, life don't allow that any more.

    Not sure if my ideas are wrong about EQ, but they are mine. We each experience things differently believe it or not. 
    2. You right i kinda forgot about that, played the same game for so long does that :).
    4. Stupid wipes are, people afking when you started the event, or simply misses emotes in raids like the well know "Duck"
    5. True, But i only High end raided in EQ:) so can only talk about that hehe
    7. It's not really about screw ups of course everyone makes them, meant it more that you say that they do not shut up or cant follow directions, if they could not do that they would not be in those guilds i kinda meant to say.

    I can not compare EQ and WoW since i have only raid experience in EQ so no clue which is harder. 
    I only can say that High end EQ raiding was difficult.

    Same here played EQ for 12 years(10 years in a top 5 server-wide guild thats indead 20+ hours a week for 10 years) 
    Thank god that i quit EQ in 2010 lol :)


    "Not sure if my ideas are wrong about EQ, but they are mine. We each experience things differently believe it or not. "

    You are true about that for sure:)

  • MrkuikenMrkuiken Member UncommonPosts: 33
    edited September 2015
    the only thing i can compare between WoW and EQ is it PVE content.

    And EQ was way more difficult, since you kinda had to group to Exp and get stuff(and Corpse run made solo experience a lot harder).
    In WoW you could easily solo Exp.

     I guess i made a quote mistake and double posted lol
  • SyndromofaDownSyndromofaDown Member UncommonPosts: 325
    Ill make 2 statements, both sound wrong but are true. Everyone who is a high level on EQ deserved it. EQ makes you a better person. Its just a different vibe. IF you care about your character, and people your guildmates will push you, you can "overcome" the obstacles. (if you dont know, make a heroic character then jump in) I dont want to sound rude but the older players, they get by by playing a class they are good at. It takes a player (or a boxer lol) who can play multiple classes to be an "expert" at the game, because the game gets pretty hard, to the point of trial and error, pain and glory to get it to 100, even then you are not guarenteed a exceptional player, not one thats raid ready, because the raids are a pain in the ass. You'll be hearing so many instructions at least a 7-10 minute briefing, and you have to play what if this goes wrong or this, unless youve done this 30 times you would have to play like this to keep your boss from liking you, in the past 60 days ive played over 137 raid events so i think i got it down then next week we do a prog raid and its totally different and i screw up and kill people. Its a gigantic pain.
  • MrkuikenMrkuiken Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Ill make 2 statements, both sound wrong but are true. Everyone who is a high level on EQ deserved it. EQ makes you a better person. Its just a different vibe. IF you care about your character, and people your guildmates will push you, you can "overcome" the obstacles. (if you dont know, make a heroic character then jump in) I dont want to sound rude but the older players, they get by by playing a class they are good at. It takes a player (or a boxer lol) who can play multiple classes to be an "expert" at the game, because the game gets pretty hard, to the point of trial and error, pain and glory to get it to 100, even then you are not guarenteed a exceptional player, not one thats raid ready, because the raids are a pain in the ass. You'll be hearing so many instructions at least a 7-10 minute briefing, and you have to play what if this goes wrong or this, unless youve done this 30 times you would have to play like this to keep your boss from liking you, in the past 60 days ive played over 137 raid events so i think i got it down then next week we do a prog raid and its totally different and i screw up and kill people. Its a gigantic pain.
    Yup lol, its pretty easy to screw stuff up:)
    I multi boxed 6 accounts, but could only play active with 4 and 1 semi and 1 was just sitting eating exp for aa's
    My max level was 85 since quit after that, but i had a total of 600+ days on my account.
    And was best geared Druid for a long time Server-wide, and boxing top geared characters made it alot eas0yer aswell

  • SyndromofaDownSyndromofaDown Member UncommonPosts: 325
    EQ has raids where the more people you bring the more likely you will wipe cause they have a trigger where dead "players" turn into a demi boss who can wipe the entire raid. I mean, having 1 is ok since we can caster burn that but 2 people going down is too much. There's bosses where it takes every tank to be in tank rotation even while the offtanks are tanking mobs because the boss happens to 1 shot the main tank and so on for the rest of the fight so we have to have mage pets running and resummoning them constantly. while some tanks are responsible for "Kiting" the 12 adds till we bring them in 1 by 1 and melee burn them while casters work on that one boss. And thats all in Tier 1, the expansion before the current expansion. I mean thats the tip of the iceburg, theres at least 8 more challenging raids in that tier we just completed and 4 more Ubar hard ones in T2.
  • AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Mrkuiken said:
    the only thing i can compare between WoW and EQ is it PVE content.

    And EQ was way more difficult, since you kinda had to group to Exp and get stuff(and Corpse run made solo experience a lot harder).
    In WoW you could easily solo Exp.

     I guess i made a quote mistake and double posted lol
    Leveling =/= end game raiding. Yes EQ was "harder" but it was simply much time consuming, standing in a spawn hitting 1-8 wasn't actually "harder" in skill. Neither is difficult in that part.

    Raiding on the other hand required just as much if not more team work in WoW raiding. Since you don't have exp I understand you don't get it, but once you hit max level it was basically a different experience for those that had guilds that could run higher end dungeons/raids.
  • SyndromofaDownSyndromofaDown Member UncommonPosts: 325
    edited September 2015
    Mrkuiken said:
    Ill make 2 statements, both sound wrong but are true. Everyone who is a high level on EQ deserved it. EQ makes you a better person. Its just a different vibe. IF you care about your character, and people your guildmates will push you, you can "overcome" the obstacles. (if you dont know, make a heroic character then jump in) I dont want to sound rude but the older players, they get by by playing a class they are good at. It takes a player (or a boxer lol) who can play multiple classes to be an "expert" at the game, because the game gets pretty hard, to the point of trial and error, pain and glory to get it to 100, even then you are not guarenteed a exceptional player, not one thats raid ready, because the raids are a pain in the ass. You'll be hearing so many instructions at least a 7-10 minute briefing, and you have to play what if this goes wrong or this, unless youve done this 30 times you would have to play like this to keep your boss from liking you, in the past 60 days ive played over 137 raid events so i think i got it down then next week we do a prog raid and its totally different and i screw up and kill people. Its a gigantic pain.
    Yup lol, its pretty easy to screw stuff up:)
    I multi boxed 6 accounts, but could only play active with 4 and 1 semi and 1 was just sitting eating exp for aa's
    My max level was 85 since quit after that, but i had a total of 600+ days on my account.
    And was best geared Druid for a long time Server-wide, and boxing top geared characters made it alot eas0yer aswell

    Players boxxed ill take over mercs anyday. Yeah there are lots of people coming back as well as new people the hardcore mmo is till your level 70 then you need help but that was before auto-grant AAs. I think that level range is where dmg on swords were over 100 1h and 200 2h perfect for melee. and gear in that range was super cool to get, augs and everything, cultural armor..
  • AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Mrkuiken said:

    You are true about that for sure:)
    4. So basically like I said, individuals screwing up and not following directions.
    7. Which is why only a tiny percent (believe Blizzard said it was 1-5% maybe less) of players actually were able to finish high end WoW raiding. Relatively speaking I believe this is a smaller percent than EQ. So clearly WoW wasn't "easy" where anyone could do anything with anyone. No different.

    While I have more exp in WoW raiding than EQ, I found them both time consuming and tedious. Basically everyone learns their part and does their best not to screw up. Monsters die, phat loot is won. Repeat. Both have pros/cons and I enjoyed both. What I got out of WoW and EQ (along with others) is completely different experience. Trying to compare them apples to apples doesn't work.
  • SyndromofaDownSyndromofaDown Member UncommonPosts: 325
    Whats with their LFR feature, and you should source that 1%-5% figures
  • MrkuikenMrkuiken Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Mrkuiken said:
    Ill make 2 statements, both sound wrong but are true. Everyone who is a high level on EQ deserved it. EQ makes you a better person. Its just a different vibe. IF you care about your character, and people your guildmates will push you, you can "overcome" the obstacles. (if you dont know, make a heroic character then jump in) I dont want to sound rude but the older players, they get by by playing a class they are good at. It takes a player (or a boxer lol) who can play multiple classes to be an "expert" at the game, because the game gets pretty hard, to the point of trial and error, pain and glory to get it to 100, even then you are not guarenteed a exceptional player, not one thats raid ready, because the raids are a pain in the ass. You'll be hearing so many instructions at least a 7-10 minute briefing, and you have to play what if this goes wrong or this, unless youve done this 30 times you would have to play like this to keep your boss from liking you, in the past 60 days ive played over 137 raid events so i think i got it down then next week we do a prog raid and its totally different and i screw up and kill people. Its a gigantic pain.
    Yup lol, its pretty easy to screw stuff up:)
    I multi boxed 6 accounts, but could only play active with 4 and 1 semi and 1 was just sitting eating exp for aa's
    My max level was 85 since quit after that, but i had a total of 600+ days on my account.
    And was best geared Druid for a long time Server-wide, and boxing top geared characters made it alot eas0yer aswell

    Players boxxed ill take over mercs anyday. Yeah there are lots of people coming back as well as new people the hardcore mmo is till your level 70 then you need help but that was before auto-grant AAs. I think that level range is where dmg on swords were over 100 1h and 200 2h perfect for melee. and gear in that range was super cool to get, augs and everything, cultural armor..
    Mercs made it easy, but was more introduced for people that could not find groups, player population was down falling. However like i said i had the best gear posible, and so where the characters i boxed, so Mercs where simply not good enough with the stuff i did. needed real tanks and real healers for that:)
  • AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Whats with their LFR feature, and you should source that 1%-5% figures
    LFR came after I left.

    As far as sourcing the percent, good luck lol. Was said back in 2007 or so.

    All the evidence you need is Vanilla WoW vs Now. Pretty much all the of convenience features that were added to WoW and what many say destroyed the genre are thanks to the high end stuff being too difficult for the average or just majority of players. Why build a bunch of fun content if no one can play it? Hence first expansion they added in difficulty settings for dungeons/raids. Now everyone can enjoy content. And it just went down hill from there.

    Why you'll see folks talk about Vanilla WoW, it was a very different game. Pretty much the same way people talk about "EQ" but are usually talking Pre-POP and or SOL.

    LFR, Mercs, instances, and all the other stuff make everyone a winner which is nice I guess, but removes a lot of the challenge. Pro/con to everything.

    There are Vanilla WoW private servers just like there is P99 for EQ.

    When WoW was released many EQ players left to play it. I don't know of any that actually went back to EQ because WoW was a terrible game. Wasn't till much later on when Blizzard started catering to the masses did it really become obvious that gaming at turned into something different.

    People love to compare the two, but you really have to pin point what version of each you're talking about. Neither resembles their original versions at all, even the EQ prog servers have updates/changes that make for a different experience.
  • Fractal_AnalogyFractal_Analogy Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Allein said:
    Mrkuiken said:
    the only thing i can compare between WoW and EQ is it PVE content.

    And EQ was way more difficult, since you kinda had to group to Exp and get stuff(and Corpse run made solo experience a lot harder).
    In WoW you could easily solo Exp.

     I guess i made a quote mistake and double posted lol
    Leveling =/= end game raiding. Yes EQ was "harder" but it was simply much time consuming, standing in a spawn hitting 1-8 wasn't actually "harder" in skill. Neither is difficult in that part.

    Raiding on the other hand required just as much if not more team work in WoW raiding. Since you don't have exp I understand you don't get it, but once you hit max level it was basically a different experience for those that had guilds that could run higher end dungeons/raids.
    It is quite obvious you do not understand the meta-game.


    You play your MMORPG's on a superficial level and do not understand the spreadsheets and formulas techies use to surmise and discuss, just to beat mobs. And to loose to them, many times just to collect enough data to form a new strategy to beat such mobs. Once a formula was found, it was kept well hidden.

    You do not understand probabilities and dice rolls. You are more focused on the arcade action.


    WoW's mechanics are nothing but Fisher Price compared to EverQuest's. Mathematicians and PhD's will tell you so.

    You were a teenager, what did you care?

  • BlaedusBlaedus Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Fractal_Analogy said:
    It is quite obvious you do not understand the meta-game.


    You play your MMORPG's on a superficial level and do not understand the spreadsheets and formulas techies use to surmise and discuss, just to beat mobs. And to loose to them, many times just to collect enough data to form a new strategy to beat such mobs. Once a formula was found, it was kept well hidden.

    You do not understand probabilities and dice rolls. You are more focused on the arcade action.


    WoW's mechanics are nothing but Fisher Price compared to EverQuest's. Mathematicians and PhD's will tell you so.

    You were a teenager, what did you care?

    ...what's with you?  Do you want a cookie or something?  Cool, you were (supposedly) an adult in the 90s.  You're acting quite immature now.  

    Thank you for derailing the thread, by the way.  As much as it was "circle-jerking," as another member claimed, it was on topic. 
This discussion has been closed.