Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] World of Warcraft: To Fly or Not to Fly? That is the Question

13»

Comments

• quixadhalquixadhal Member UncommonPosts: 215

The main complaint people have with not being able to fly isn't so much for their FIRST run through the content... it's for the inevitable grind of dragging all their alts through it for the 12th time.  Making this an achievement unlock nicely solves the problem.

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Originally posted by h0tNstilettos

I like how they say the change of heart was because they suddenly believed a balance could be struck. The real reason for the change of heart is because Final Fantasy XIV, the current MMO behemoth in the room, caused them to reconsider when tons of angry players go on about how much better FFXIV is, and on top of that how it was adding flying in Heavensward and handling it much better than WoW in the past.

So now their hand has been forced on the issue. However, flying does not make a great MMO. I've played great MMOs that did not have flying. Regardless though, the reason for the force of hand is clear for anyone not living under a rock.

It's so sad it doesn't even deserve a lol...

"Final Fantasy XIV, the current MMO behemoth in the room"?

We all know that your "behemoth" isn't even the size of a pissant compared to WoW, and I serously doubt Blizzard is considering anything Square Enix is doing as a threat. There's no reason to.

• RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    Originally posted by Netspook

I like how they say the change of heart was because they suddenly believed a balance could be struck. The real reason for the change of heart is because Final Fantasy XIV, the current MMO behemoth in the room, caused them to reconsider when tons of angry players go on about how much better FFXIV is, and on top of that how it was adding flying in Heavensward and handling it much better than WoW in the past.

So now their hand has been forced on the issue. However, flying does not make a great MMO. I've played great MMOs that did not have flying. Regardless though, the reason for the force of hand is clear for anyone not living under a rock.

We all know that your "behemoth" isn't even the size of a pissant compared to WoW, and I serously doubt Blizzard is considering anything Square Enix is doing as a threat. There's no reason to.

final fantasy 14 got quite alot of players and more and more you can be sure your ''blizzard'' care about this game, kinda funny how ''wow'' players think wow will alway be the best, guess what your subs droped realy realy low and you got 70% of the subs they list each time from ''asia'' + many many bot account.

final fantasy 14 curently a far superior experience to word of warcraft and while curently it not the ''behemoth'' because wow still the one it not far behind, realy less that you think.

• KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921

Bit defensive there, hope your corporation of choice appreciates that loyalty ;)

Wow was a great game that is now merely a good one, FF was a bad game that is now a good one that has potential to be a great mmo.  Different games different players with some cross over, if yours is doing well and mine is doing well, why cant we be friends?

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Originally posted by Kothoses

Bit defensive there, hope your corporation of choice appreciates that loyalty ;)

Wow was a great game that is now merely a good one, FF was a bad game that is now a good one that has potential to be a great mmo.  Different games different players with some cross over, if yours is doing well and mine is doing well, why cant we be friends?

Not currently subbed to WoW, so it's not my "corporation of choice".

Point is, FFXIV fans seems to believe their game is the #1 MMO in every way, including subs, and that's not the case, not at all.