Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Knights of the Fallen Empire expansions details on Dulfy.net

2»

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    The overemphasis on story and tons of voice overs was part of why the game cost so much and was a disappointment to the bean counters.  Kind of surprised by this change

I think they've decided that this is their strong suit, and that it's what's kept their current player base around for so long.

And clearly they are also working on things to make the combat more interesting (along with some other improvements no doubt).

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    The overemphasis on story and tons of voice overs was part of why the game cost so much and was a disappointment to the bean counters.  Kind of surprised by this change

Only a part but it is the core concept of the game. It is what they are supposed to spend money on as it is little more than KOTOR online and Bioware is attempting to make it even more that way because their initial mmo themepark clone construction was a poor choice.

Also what you say is a wrong yet continues to propagate on forums. The main reason why the production cost of Swtor was so high was because of the crap engine they built it on. Development cost and schedule was massively impacted by it. Bioware fully admitted this.

Let's please stop these stupid rumors that plague mmo forums. Even the cost of development seems to go up every time someone exaggerates to make a point. I've repeatedly read the cost being anywhere from 150 million through to as high as 500 million. Evidently the same mmo players who whine like $15 is way too damn much for them to afford also think that increments of $50 million dollars isn't much of a difference at all. These poor souls will be broke their whole lives.

You stay sassy!