Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What have they done with this game?

kazmokazmo Member Posts: 715

You one-shot everything and get levels in minutes. The one server that's populated, Antonia Bayle - is super top heavy, and everyone is just sitting at 100 queuing to faceroll the same few dungeons with no effort. All the zones are empty, 95% of all of the content is trivial and meaningless in both challenge and reward.

Why would anyone want to play this game now, it's a complete farce. Really depressing to see the game like this when it used to be so much more.

Comments

• Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    At some point it'll probably get a progression server... I enjoyed the PVP Venekor server back in the day before it got merged with Naggy...
  • FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616

Because casuals have ruined the genre.These people whine that the game is not solo friendly,then they get it nerfed and level to maximum level then are to scared to group and move to the next solo to maximum level group/raid monstrosity .

There are 18 level 100 heroic dungeons so I wouldn't call that a 'few' 

• macwoodmacwood Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Just like lotro, all the people who are left just run sammy 24/7 such a shame.
  • kazmokazmo Member Posts: 715
    Originally posted by Fangrim

Because casuals have ruined the genre.These people whine that the game is not solo friendly,then they get it nerfed and level to maximum level then are to scared to group and move to the next solo to maximum level group/raid monstrosity .

Sure seems like that. Game loses some subs, then they go to F2P. They lose even more money because none of the new arrivals are paying - save for the 'whales' that buy all cosmetics. Then they make everything super casual, and the game becomes a complete ghost town. I've seen this with virtually every game, and every game keeps doing it.

With the 18 dungeons, are they any good? Are they even challenging - or is it like what I'm thinking, and that only a few are worth grinding for gear?

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Originally posted by kazmo

Sure seems like that. Game loses some subs, then they go to F2P. They lose even more money because none of the new arrivals are paying - save for the 'whales' that buy all cosmetics. Then they make everything super casual, and the game becomes a complete ghost town. I've seen this with virtually every game, and every game keeps doing it.

With the 18 dungeons, are they any good? Are they even challenging - or is it like what I'm thinking, and that only a few are worth grinding for gear?

It was not the casuals that ruined the game, sure they are casuals playing but most people who have been playing this game over the last five years now where the fault lies.

David Georgeson.  Oh the developers had a lot to do with it, but the initiator of the changes to the game was "Smokecreener", the changes were not made for the player base they were made to satisfy Georgeson's concept of a "good game" , now you can say he did it to attract the 'casuals' except player numbers dropped and dropped.  The EQN fanbois may have thought the sun shined from his nether regions, but  in fact he is a disaster and it is a good thing he is not active in the gaming industry at the moment.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by kazmo

Soe always made garbage dungeons.All they did was same in the main world, is litter mobs all over,so you have to fight every thing or link everything anyhow.

Their entire premise on game design is pretty much like Wow and every other game now.That would be all gamer's just vee-lining for named,nobody cares about the res of the game.It was actually like this from day 1,players just run dungeons all day then spam chat with their loot sales.It is very shallow gaming that i could not handle.

At one time in gaming we used to meet other players and just wander around and explore and be happy to hang out.Now gaming is one dimensional and hardly anyone is friendly in a way they used to be.It is frustrating from my view because players used to see each other and stop and say hi and chat a bit.Now players to run right on by like they are in a race or something.

I blame it on shallow gamer's and very poor game designs.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Originally posted by macwood
    Just like lotro, all the people who are left just run sammy 24/7 such a shame.

+1

LOTRO is the same way. I don't think players were asking for easy. This is how marketing sells expansions faster !

All classic mmos went this way.