Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS4 version is awful. Don't buy or waste your time on this trash.

ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911

It's my fault I wasted my time on this. I knew it probably wouldn't be good. But I managed to get a free copy of the game and I thought "well MAYBE the the console is the platform this game will thrive on. MAYBE controls might work better and it will all fall into place."

I was wrong and I will even ignore the fact I can't get my PC characters or imperial bonuses don't transfer. This game is unbelievably bad. In fact it's even worse than the PC version - which is an achievement in itself. The controls, the 3rd person camera the performance the open mics, the in your face item store, the ham fisted way they handle the plot... well... just everything! It's actually staggering how bad it is. There are controller mods for the PC version of ESO that play better than this.
I mean seriously... how could the get it so wrong?

Comments

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Anyway's, hope you do find a game to enjoy or perhaps already have......

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by Reklaw

Anyway's, hope you do find a game to enjoy or perhaps already have......

There are a lot of games I enjoy. That's my one consolation hahaa get it? CONSOLATION as in console....

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Originally posted by Arakazi

It's my fault I wasted my time on this. I knew it probably wouldn't be good. But I managed to get a free copy of the game and I thought "well MAYBE the the console is the platform this game will thrive on. MAYBE controls might work better and it will all fall into place."

I was wrong and I will even ignore the fact I can't get my PC characters or imperial bonuses don't transfer. This game is unbelievably bad. In fact it's even worse than the PC version - which is an achievement in itself. The controls, the 3rd person camera the performance the open mics, the in your face item store, the ham fisted way they handle the plot... well... just everything! It's actually staggering how bad it is. There are controller mods for the PC version of ESO that play better than this.

I'm the exact opposite. I think it's my preferred version. Love the open mics, controls work beautifully, and the cash store is in no way in your face. But as with all things: YMMV.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• AsalzSyAsalzSy Member UncommonPosts: 230

I guess you are one from the MILLIONS ppl got the game for consoles so i have to thank you that you supported the game i love..

Millions? Yes Millions! http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/06/10/esotu-console-launch-update/

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by AsalzSy

I guess you are one from the MILLIONS ppl got the game for consoles so i have to thank you that you supported the game i love..

Millions? Yes Millions! http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/06/10/esotu-console-launch-update/

You're welcome. I also bought into the console version. $25? Why not!! You can also thank me because I've downloaded it, but haven't played it yet. So I won't be clogging your queues :) Yet...... Not until I finish up with the Witcher.

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

Originally posted by BillMurphy

I'm the exact opposite. I think it's my preferred version. Love the open mics, controls work beautifully, and the cash store is in no way in your face. But as with all things: YMMV.

Maybe I've been playing PC games for far too long. But I LOVED Diablo 3 on the console along with fighting games, action games and platformers. Some games just play better on console. But I just do not like ESO at all. Biggest issue by far is the camera. The first person camera doesn't work well and you are often blindsided and are at times unaware you are standing on AOE spells until it's too late. The FoV is just not large enough. Third person camera is worse. It's angle makes combat harder default and is a hassle to adjust and constantly snaps back when objects get in the way. I just can't see how I could PvP with it. It just takes too long to scan the area.

Open mics are annoying and in a group people keep getting drowned out and again is a hassle to to fix with the menu system. I really miss the box chat and wished they kept it. I also wished they did what FF14 did was have all platforms sharing the same servers.

But other than that it suffers from being the same game. ESO was never a great game to begin with, it's graphics and animation were always ugly. But combat and overall control system were never fit for purpose it always felt a bit off. Even  jumping and general locomotion feels sluggish.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Maybe I've been playing PC games for far too long. But I LOVED Diablo 3 on the console along with fighting games, action games and platformers. Some games just play better on console. But I just do not like ESO at all. Biggest issue by far is the camera. The first person camera doesn't work well and you are often blindsided and are at times unaware you are standing on AOE spells until it's too late. The FoV is just not large enough. Third person camera is worse. It's angle makes combat harder default and is a hassle to adjust and constantly snaps back when objects get in the way. I just can't see how I could PvP with it. It just takes too long to scan the area.

Open mics are annoying and in a group people keep getting drowned out and again is a hassle to to fix with the menu system. I really miss the box chat and wished they kept it. I also wished they did what FF14 did was have all platforms sharing the same servers.

But other than that it suffers from being the same game. ESO was never a great game to begin with, it's graphics and animation were always ugly. But combat and overall control system were never fit for purpose it always felt a bit off. Even  jumping and general locomotion feels sluggish.

ESO has some of the best graphics out for any MMO on the market now.  Your bias is showing.

Originally posted by grimal

ESO has some of the best graphics out for any MMO on the market now.  Your bias is showing.

Are you kidding?

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939

OP sorry you hated the game. But the fault isn't really ZoS fault for yesterday. Clearly there was some ddos attack but even then I don't think they were prepared for all the people logging into the game.

I promise you the game is great and needs a LOT of work. Believe me I been one of the very vocal about how ZoS has been treating the players, more so on PC/MAC side.

Hope you can give them a few more days, but only a few because if you plan on getting money back you have to do it in a certain time.

I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

Are you kidding?

I'm not sure where the joke is. If this is sarcasm, though, feel free to back up your logic with pictures and stuff. Yes, we will accept memes, but they are less effective than actual screenshot comparisons. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

The game does look better on PC/MAC. Looks like they had to dumb down the gfx a little. At least that is how it looks to me.

• MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

ESO has some of the worst graphics out for any MMO on the market now. 

Fixed that for you.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton
    Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Originally posted by Brenics
    The game does look better on PC/MAC. Looks like they had to dumb down the gfx a little. At least that is how it looks to me.

All games are this way, because consoles are 5 years out of date when they launch, and can't be upgraded. I do like the UI in the console version though.  It reminds me of the UI mod I use in Skyrim :)

• PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    I have PC version and Xbox One version and I already prefer the Xbox One version by far. As for telling people what to buy or not let them decide for themselves there's plenty of media around to see.

Originally posted by MrSnuffles

Originally posted by Arakazi Maybe I've been playing PC games for far too long. But I LOVED Diablo 3 on the console along with fighting games, action games and platformers. Some games just play better on console. But I just do not like ESO at all. Biggest issue by far is the camera. The first person camera doesn't work well and you are often blindsided and are at times unaware you are standing on AOE spells until it's too late. The FoV is just not large enough. Third person camera is worse. It's angle makes combat harder default and is a hassle to adjust and constantly snaps back when objects get in the way. I just can't see how I could PvP with it. It just takes too long to scan the area. Open mics are annoying and in a group people keep getting drowned out and again is a hassle to to fix with the menu system. I really miss the box chat and wished they kept it. I also wished they did what FF14 did was have all platforms sharing the same servers. But other than that it suffers from being the same game. ESO was never a great game to begin with, it's graphics and animation were always ugly. But combat and overall control system were never fit for purpose it always felt a bit off. Even  jumping and general locomotion feels sluggish.
    ESO has MAY have some of the worst graphics out for any MMO on the market now. 
    Fixed that for you.

Fixed the fix for everyone since "has" is speculative. I've played ESO on PC and can say that the graphics are actually quite good, especially on higher settings. Haven't really seen PS4 yet, but I have it downloaded, so I'll have to make a judgement call. Can't really see how it could have some of the worst graphics for MMOs though. WoW is still around, right?

Crazkanuk

----------------
    ----------------

Originally posted by PsYcHoGBR
    I have PC version and Xbox One version and I already prefer the Xbox One version by far. As for telling people what to buy or not let them decide for themselves there's plenty of media around to see.

Can't wait to get my xb1 but am months away from it. :(

Originally posted by MrSnuffles

ESO has some of the worst graphics out for any MMO on the market now. 

Fixed that for you.

Sorry I am sort of a graphic whore so please tell me which MMORPG does look better?

Originally posted by CrazKanuk

Are you kidding?

I'm not sure where the joke is. If this is sarcasm, though, feel free to back up your logic with pictures and stuff. Yes, we will accept memes, but they are less effective than actual screenshot comparisons. 

I would say that FF14, Wildstar, Black desert, GW2, Tera, even Archeage look better. When it a screenshot ESO looks fine. But when you actually play it you realise it has low res textures, low poly models, and laughable animation. It's the art direction that makes it bearable. 

• Neo_LibertyNeo_Liberty Member UncommonPosts: 437

I would say that FF14, Wildstar, Black desert, GW2, Tera, even Archeage look better. When it a screenshot ESO looks fine. But when you actually play it you realise it has low res textures, low poly models, and laughable animation. It's the art direction that makes it bearable. 

Lol, 2/5..FF14 and BD might be better.. but the other 3 don't even come close.

Originally posted by Neo_Liberty

Disagree. Wildstar for example looks much better than ESO, the aimation is on par with anything I played it's colors lush and environments are vibrant.  ESO that looks washed out and several years old but don't take my word for it, just look at any twitch channel that has it playing and check out the battle and running animation.

• AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    Originally posted by Reklaw

Sorry I am sort of a graphic whore so please tell me which MMORPG does look better?

Wildstar looks better than the "50 Shades of Brown" in ESO. Say what you want about the art style, at least they know there are other colors apart from what you find in an NYC subway station toilet stall.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    ESO and TSW have those nice realistic environmental graphics but comes up short in their fluidity.  I know a lot of people disagree but combat is not smooth.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Originally posted by CrazKanuk

Are you kidding?

Final Fantasy XIV and GW2 do come close based on graphics alone, think GW2 character graphics/animation do surpase ESO's characters. Yet couldn't really get into GW2 for some reasons. Havn't played Black Desert from the looks it might be better but I can only judge once played. ArchAge sorry just no, not saying it looks bad, it looks okay to me. But keep in mind I personaly get more immersed into a believeble fantasy world which is what ESO felt to me. 

Then again I am judging pc versions of MMORPG's. While I have not played or seen actuall gameplay on the Ps4 apart from some vids on the net from Zenimax hemselfs. However on the PS4 there isn't allot of MMORPG competition so to what games are console gamers comparing ESO?

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Originally posted by Neo_Liberty

Disagree. Wildstar for example looks much better than ESO, the aimation is on par with anything I played it's colors lush and environments are vibrant.  ESO that looks washed out and several years old but don't take my word for it, just look at any twitch channel that has it playing and check out the battle and running animation.

Colours in ESO are washed out because they toned it down for realism or what not. The entire point of playing on a pc is to have control over the software you are running so I turned colour vibrance way up. Not puking in your face colourful like Wildstar is but that game is a cartoon.

I agree ESO isn't really that good though. The solo friendly game play is mind numbingly easy and boring. End game was delayed for console so no evolution for a year. Pvp is ok if serious attention every goes to it. not too bad hybrid action combat but weapon switching is more annoying than tactical.

If consoles have no method to turn colours up or add the 5 or so addons required for modern mmo game play I frankly do not see why anyone would waste their time with it when far superior games exist for consoles and superior mmorpg game play will always be on a pc.

You stay sassy!

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615

If you think ESOTU is bad then you havent been paying attention to MMO Developers like SOE or Codemasters. SOE released an MMORPG titled Vanguard Saga of Heroes that had more bugs and problems in it than even Windows ME or WIndows VIsta. THe game started out with 30+ Servers and when it was shut down last year it only had one. Then there is Star Wars Galaxies which SOE killed in 1 patch. Codemasters is no different they released(ported over from Korea) an even worse MMO titled RF Online(Rising Force Online) the very first MMO to by a Hybrid Fantasy/SciFi MMO. The controls were clunky you had to click to move. Each faction had 1 OP Class that was never balanced. And dont get me started on the animation or chat system let alone the pvp system. It was so bad that the game changed developers 3 times. The first developer was CCR International, then Codemasters took over, and now Gamescampus is the current developer. The only other game to change developers is The Matrix Online which was destroyed by WB Interactive then burned to ashes by SOE. But I dont blame SOE for this MMO being a failure. They was given a video game that was already dying before they laid their hands on it. All SOE did was burn it to ashes then resurrect like a phoenix only to kill it again.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"