Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nope... I still think this game sucks.

2»

Comments

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Torval
    I think ESO is better than Skyrim in almost every way. It certainly looks and plays better. The skill and class system is better. The storyline is better. Cooking might be better in Skyrim, but that's all I can think of. It's not that Skyrim is a bad game, but ESO just has so much more immersion and life to it.

If you made this as an op, you would be raked over the coals. I am not disagreeing with you, I can just see the heat you would encounter.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by Iselin

It's welcome back troll week around here.

Only someone who has never played the game would believe the bullshit in the OP... matter of fact, I doubt the OP has played it at all. Just made up his story to troll.

This is basically what I thought after reading the OP.  He isn't even trying hard to troll.  Like you said, anyone who's played ESO will raise the BS flag on this thread quickly.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Tyggs
    ESO isn't an ES game that is played online. It is a bland MMO with an ES skin.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

Amen. Agreed OP, this game still sucks.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • PalinrirPalinrir Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Originally posted by Dr_Shivinski

Since they released ESO on consoles I was hoping for cross-platform play, but again Micro$hit and Slowny can't possibly work a deal for cross-platform multiplayer, taking an already smallish playerbase and dividing it further.

FFXIV has shown that cross-platform PVE/PVP works. The game wouldn't be nearly as successful if it was PC or PS3/4 only, but it could be more successful if it was available for Xbox 360/One as well. 

So some things to note about the differences between FFXIV and ESO, as well as where cross platform between PS and XB lies.

FFXIV and ESO have two different targeting systems, FFXIV being a tab target game allows for everyone (regardless of if they use controllers or a keyboard) are on equal footing for PVE and PVP. ESO is move action and requires aiming towards the desired targets. Keyboard and mouse players are going to end up having an advantage over controller players just because they have better camera control. This would lead to PVP being awful for any controller using players.

For Microsoft and Sony allowing cross platform play, this is mostly going to be due to them being companies that generally want separation. It could also be due to controller design differences leading to one controller having an easier time controlling the camera over the other, and we also have to assume that there is a chance that the same user name for accounts are being used both in Playstation accounts and Xbox accounts.

Because of how Sony and Microsoft run their multiplayer services and require games to be able to readily display the account name for other users to see, it can lead to support issues and players on one platform being banned while it was really the other. Unless both services get put into the same system and people with the same account name are forced to change them, cross platform play will likely never happen for an MMO on console.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by tixylix

Just played it again on the PS4 after turning my PC copy into a PS4 one... simply just because my friend got it for the console and no one I know plays it on PC. Straight away he hated it, said it's crap compared to Skyrim and stopped playing, I carried on for a bit on another character I had left over from the PC and I still don't get it. 

I just don't get any sense of being in a world, I feel like I'm on a linear path, like I'm on a ride and I just go from quest hub to quest hub. When WoW came out it didn't feel like what it does today, it didn't feel like going from hub to hub, the quests felt naturally placed in the world and I could believe it. I loved exploring that world, but now Blizzard have since ruined it and killed off the world. 

The whole "world" feels fake, like it is there for my amusement and I just cannot buy it. I loved Skyrim's world, it felt so rich, it felt open and like I could go anywhere and do anything. TESO however just feels like I have my hand held throughout a single linear path. 

The quests are so boring as well, just typical "go here and kill 10 of these" or "inspect 4 of these" or "talk to this person" etc etc. I just don't get how we had Skyrim and Oblivion and Morrowind, games that felt like the MMO I wanted, some how they stripped all that out and put the crap stuff of MMOs in. The combat sucks as well, TES games never had great combat, but this just feels weird and unresponsive. Everything feels cheap the engine just feels like second rate crap, you can tell it was made by the B team.

No idea why you'd play this over Skyrim, you end up playing TESO solo and tbh Skyrim is a better solo MMO than this.

did he just say "better solo mmo"?

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• p4ttythep3rf3ctp4ttythep3rf3ct Member UncommonPosts: 194

I pretty much agree in totality with the OP.  Going to console has not won me over.  I'd go so far as to even say that the console graphics are fairly ugly compared to my 4 year old PC.  I'm not sure why it is, maybe it's because it's the same resolution on a much larger screen now.  I dunno, but I am not impressed.   The quests are indeed fairly linear and the same thing over and over.  And exploration is a joke as well since every POI is marked on your map.  Guess what's at every POI? Quest chains!  

As a MMO, it's ok.  Cyrodil is fun and there IS a ton a content, even if it gets boring.  But honestly, after $100 spent, I'm playing vanilla Skyrim instead and will probably just get the Witcher 3 for my console RPG cravings, once the price drops.

That's just, like, my opinion, man.

• KinchyleKinchyle Member Posts: 309
    Originally posted by muppetpilot

Quite certain that ESO is an average game, with average questing, average immersion, and below-average combat.

I'll wait for the "real" Elder Scrolls 6 on XB 1, thanks very much!

If yer "quite certain" of this....then you never played the game. Or. like others, you have some hatred behind your posts.

And you should change your name to "PuppetPilot".  You do not deserve to be a Muppet.

:P

Originally posted by Viper482

Another couple of people that haven't truly played it and think they need to comment.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Kinchyle

Another couple of people that haven't truly played it and think they need to comment.

I agree with them also and ESO in my sig is my 2nd most played game.

• TheFirst109TheFirst109 Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Originally posted by Palinrir
    Originally posted by Dr_Shivinski

Since they released ESO on consoles I was hoping for cross-platform play, but again Micro$hit and Slowny can't possibly work a deal for cross-platform multiplayer, taking an already smallish playerbase and dividing it further.

FFXIV has shown that cross-platform PVE/PVP works. The game wouldn't be nearly as successful if it was PC or PS3/4 only, but it could be more successful if it was available for Xbox 360/One as well. 

So some things to note about the differences between FFXIV and ESO, as well as where cross platform between PS and XB lies.

FFXIV and ESO have two different targeting systems, FFXIV being a tab target game allows for everyone (regardless of if they use controllers or a keyboard) are on equal footing for PVE and PVP. ESO is move action and requires aiming towards the desired targets. Keyboard and mouse players are going to end up having an advantage over controller players just because they have better camera control. This would lead to PVP being awful for any controller using players.

For Microsoft and Sony allowing cross platform play, this is mostly going to be due to them being companies that generally want separation. It could also be due to controller design differences leading to one controller having an easier time controlling the camera over the other, and we also have to assume that there is a chance that the same user name for accounts are being used both in Playstation accounts and Xbox accounts.

Because of how Sony and Microsoft run their multiplayer services and require games to be able to readily display the account name for other users to see, it can lead to support issues and players on one platform being banned while it was really the other. Unless both services get put into the same system and people with the same account name are forced to change them, cross platform play will likely never happen for an MMO on console.

Why are you lumping Sony in with Microsoft? I'm confused because you sound like you understand that FFXIV is on PS3/4 but  also don't realize that it IS cross platform with PC already. Sony had no issues with Square making the game cross platform on both the PS3 and PS4. It was Microsoft who made it a headache. Square Enix tried to bring it cross platform but Microsoft wouldn't have it so they gave up, but have always stated that if Microsoft was willing to work with them they would bring it to xbone.

Originally posted by Mikeha
    Originally posted by Kinchyle

I agree with them also and ESO in my sig is my 2nd most played game.

lol...so your second most played game sucks? But you played it so long....only to find out it sucks NOW? Or what?

People need to stop trolling ESO already. You had your chance to love/like it already....or leave it. Now you want to voice some opinion that died ages ago. If it isn't for you, don't play AND don't post about it. Cause those of us that still play and think it's good/great see through your posts.

• Icky_BlehIcky_Bleh Member UncommonPosts: 11

LOl, this clown quits and I still cant even log on because there are too many people online. 

I think the OP is just mad at the game because he got beat in pvp.

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Originally posted by Torval

I really hate modding. Most of it is completely amateurish in the critical sense. Even the very few decent mods have completely arbitrary support. On top of that I'm not interested in playing another hobbyists interpretation of the game. If the game isn't good enough to stand on its own then I'm probably not going to waste my time with it.

There is only one game, and actually one mod, that I even deal with and that is Synergies for TL2.

I sometimes dislike the feeling of needing to mod, but don't write off all mods as "amateur". People who have made mods for Skyrim have scored jobs with Bethesda and other gaming companies. No Interview, no application.

Take advantage of this if you play PC games with ample mod support.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by MissAdventure

Just played it again on the PS4 after turning my PC copy into a PS4 one... simply just because my friend got it for the console and no one I know plays it on PC. Straight away he hated it, said it's crap compared to Skyrim and stopped playing, I carried on for a bit on another character I had left over from the PC and I still don't get it. 

I just don't get any sense of being in a world, I feel like I'm on a linear path, like I'm on a ride and I just go from quest hub to quest hub. When WoW came out it didn't feel like what it does today, it didn't feel like going from hub to hub, the quests felt naturally placed in the world and I could believe it. I loved exploring that world, but now Blizzard have since ruined it and killed off the world. 

The whole "world" feels fake, like it is there for my amusement and I just cannot buy it. I loved Skyrim's world, it felt so rich, it felt open and like I could go anywhere and do anything. TESO however just feels like I have my hand held throughout a single linear path. 

The quests are so boring as well, just typical "go here and kill 10 of these" or "inspect 4 of these" or "talk to this person" etc etc. I just don't get how we had Skyrim and Oblivion and Morrowind, games that felt like the MMO I wanted, some how they stripped all that out and put the crap stuff of MMOs in. The combat sucks as well, TES games never had great combat, but this just feels weird and unresponsive. Everything feels cheap the engine just feels like second rate crap, you can tell it was made by the B team.

No idea why you'd play this over Skyrim, you end up playing TESO solo and tbh Skyrim is a better solo MMO than this.

*cough* Bullsh*t.

Quest hub to quest hub?  Puh-leeese.  There aren't any hubs.  You literally have to go off the beaten path to find quests.  You can't even complete a zone without bush-wacking to every corner and in between (as well as delving into dungeons) to find all the quests.

Kill 10 of this?  Gather 5 of that?  You're kidding me.  ESO has some of the most involved, adult oriented, and interesting quest design and dialogue that I've seen in the 16 years I've been playing online games.

Anyone who plays the game knows that you are blowing smoke up the reader's arses.  Anyone.  Then again, you think WoW has superior quest design, so go figure.

I take it you passed on SWTOR then?  When I think of the SWTOR agent story that had: story arc, character development, plot twists... as opposed to ESO where I bounced from one shallow, poorly written, disjointed quest to another I really don't see how you could compare the two.

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Originally posted by Icky_Bleh

LOl, this clown quits and I still cant even log on because there are too many people online. 

I didn't even see any PVP, with the poor combat system it has I don't think I'd want too either. However that is another thing that annoyed me because the world doesn't have PVP in it, everyone I met was friendly and I couldn't see enemy factions? I haven't looked up any information about it, but if this was an Elder Scrolls game it would be at the very least faction based full open world PVP like what Vanilla WoW used to be before Battlegrounds. 

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Originally posted by reeereee

*cough* Bullsh*t.

Quest hub to quest hub?  Puh-leeese.  There aren't any hubs.  You literally have to go off the beaten path to find quests.  You can't even complete a zone without bush-wacking to every corner and in between (as well as delving into dungeons) to find all the quests.

Kill 10 of this?  Gather 5 of that?  You're kidding me.  ESO has some of the most involved, adult oriented, and interesting quest design and dialogue that I've seen in the 16 years I've been playing online games.

Anyone who plays the game knows that you are blowing smoke up the reader's arses.  Anyone.  Then again, you think WoW has superior quest design, so go figure.

I take it you passed on SWTOR then?  When I think of the SWTOR agent story that had: story arc, character development, plot twists... as opposed to ESO where I bounced from one shallow, poorly written, disjointed quest to another I really don't see how you could compare the two.

People keep saying this about modern MMOs, how the quests are so involved and story focused now...

No it doesn't matter if it is SWTOR, Modern WoW or TESO, all I end up doing is having the story spoken to me in a shot reverse shot style with dialogue options. Then I run to a spot, kill 10 things, collect 5 things, speak to someone or deliver something. Then I have the story concluded when I run back and speak to someone else, maybe a boss mob spawns and that is it. 

There is no depth to the quests like what you have in skyrim or GTA or The Witcher 3.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Originally posted by Icky_Bleh

I didn't even see any PVP, with the poor combat system it has I don't think I'd want too either. However that is another thing that annoyed me because the world doesn't have PVP in it, everyone I met was friendly and I couldn't see enemy factions? I haven't looked up any information about it, but if this was an Elder Scrolls game it would be at the very least faction based full open world PVP like what Vanilla WoW used to be before Battlegrounds. 

Boy, you went into ESO utterly clueless.  A little bit of research would have let you know what you were getting into.   Your money to waste (twice), but your expectations were pretty baseless.   There's a PvP system based on DAoC, that you could have done from level 10 on, if you'd wanted.  In Cryodil no less.

If you buy games without much idea how they work, you are probably going to be unhappy with them a lot.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Why would they make the game Open World Pvp...oh that is right they want the smallest possible community for a name brand IP. Vanilla WoW pvp servers were smaller than the pve also. If you are making one server you maximize possible players not pick the smallest group.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Everyone has their own personal opinions and mine is ESO is perhaps the most in depth, detailed and engaging MMO to come along in years.  Not a single MMO released since WoW that I think is remotely better or offers the detail and value in gaming as ESO.  In fact it is the only MMO that I've stuck with for more then a month (been playing 6+ hours a day for 4 months now) since I quit WoW when Cataclysm released.  If I had to give it a Number it would be my 3rd favorite MMO ever released.

1. Asheron's Call
    2. WoW
    3. ESO
    4. DAoC

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• MissAdventureMissAdventure Member UncommonPosts: 83

*cough* Bullsh*t.

Some of the most, not THE most. 

However, this thread isn't really about comparative MMO quest design.  It's about calling out the OP on blatant trolling and lying.  It's all well and good to have opinions, but when your intent is disruption and instigation by spreading misinformation, then that's an entirely other ball of wax.

• EdgeXEdgeX Member UncommonPosts: 39

That was also like 5% of your leveling experience before x12 xp. I don't know if you did multiple quests at once just going to closest one or what, but in ESO you should really just focus on one quest at a time, they all are chains related to one story. I found a ton of stories interesting in the game. To each their own though.

• PascalCPascalC Member UncommonPosts: 38

Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim are better than TESO. But it's not a bad game. graphics are great, TESO has the best graphics ever for a mmo. The world is living and sounds and music are nice. The storyline is not bad from level 1 to 49. RVR is not at same level at DAOC, but it's not bad at all. But VR are total mess. That's why stopped at VR4 because found the game boring past level 50. VR are fun/RP/immersion killers.