Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert: KR Version Launching July 14th with Megaserver & Expansion

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Thanks to MMORPG.com user Kumapon, we know that the Korean version of Black Desert Online will officially launch on July 14th utilizing megaserver technology. In addition, launch will also see a first expansion called Valencia with open world bosses, new castles, dungeons and more for level 60+ players.

Open Beta players will have their characters moved over to the new mega server when BDO officially launches on July 14th. But players with characters that exceed the character slot limit will have their highest lvl with the most progress will be moved over the the new server first. Cash shop Currency (Pearl Store Items) will be refunded. Castles and GVG will be reset.

Do you think it's likely that Daum will bring a similar game structure to NA / EU when Black Desert Online launches?

Check out the already-existing MMORPG.com thread and / or leave your thoughts in the comments. (the video below is of the new Valencia zone)

Thanks, Kumapon, for the fantastic legwork!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081
    I hope they do the same thing for NA/EU. Megaserver's are the best way to keep a games population alive long-term and ensures that the community is connected, so especially for content like GvG, etc.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I love everything I hear from the game. Its going more for a hybrid theme park / sandbox  type and that's a good thing.
  • SatyrosSatyros Member UncommonPosts: 156
    pffft. Right. More korean news. Koreans port things wrong and late. This will be a massive fail in the west. Skyforge and its non-asian team, having a basic udnerstanding of the western culture and a viable/sensible plan for their release will blow Black Desert out of the water.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

I hope so. It seems foolish to go with separate servers at the start, only to merge them several months down the line.

Better do it from the start and avoid all the pains that come from mergers.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/