Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try This Game -? Star Ruler 2

UthraxUthrax Member UncommonPosts: 20

Best RTS 4x Space Empire game ever made. This game will crush thoughts of silly MMO.

• Indie : Blind Mind Studios
  • Sandbox
  • Full 3D map, with reset camera option.
  • 4X - REAL TIME, not turn based.
  • Ship Design and Test
  • Great Diplomacy
  • Intricate Resource/Planet Management
  • Custom Races (up to 28 players per game)
  • Custom Galaxies sizes
  • Epic battles with lots of ships
  • Mods
  • Multi-player (hosted and direct)

Well thought out and coded game that rivals flagship titles Gal Civ 3 and SM Beyond Earth.

Developer needs support and community needs more people.  We all know Indie titles have tough time with advertising; here's my humble attempt to spread the word of this great game.

Please check out ASAP!

Comments

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Best x4 game ever made is Distant Worlds so I rather  stick withy that one than shallow Star Ruler 2.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Originally posted by Maurgrim
    Best x4 game ever made is Distant Worlds so I rather  stick withy that one than shallow Star Ruler 2.

+1 Distant Worlds is better

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    edited August 2015
    Also liked Distant Worlds more than this. Though I wouldn't make statements about "the best 4X game ever".

It's really cool that you can create ringworlds and different drive systems etc. in Star Ruler 2. But I didn't really like the fact that most planets were delegated to fodder to feed higher level planets. Plus you didn't really have so much politics and control over your population like in Distant Worlds or other turn-based 4x space games.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593
    edited August 2015
    Indeed star ruler good game , better compare galciv III but othes 4x coming in this year 
    Space rising again , i think people bit tired fantasy,middle ages
  • UthraxUthrax Member UncommonPosts: 20
    I'll give DWU a try when it's not $60. But, I did check out a 'Let's Play' video of it. I do like that it's RTS instead of turn-based. Can you rotate the map at all? The universe looks kinda flat and lifeless, like it's a Civilization V or something...it's supposed to be a galaxy/universe? The ships look kinda silly in size comparison to planets. The ship building didn't look anywhere near as interesting as SR2. Diplomacy looked boring too; is there a way to annex enemy systems? Is there any build functions for planetary surfaces like SR2? Everything looked like too much text and menus and not enough graphic play elements. But like I said, when it goes on sale I will give it a try.

As far as 'fodder' planets, you can terraform them and add things like 'moveable continents' to increase their population potential if you choose. Every planet is random and the bio/size on them can determine their overall use in terms of the resources needed to play the game. Moons around a planet can add even more interesting elements. The planetary surface building is a another fun aspect, imo, of SR2 that I did not see replicated, unless it's through a bunch of menus, in DWU.

To me SoaSE looks better than DWU, and honestly if SoaSE 2 is ever made I would probably jump the SR2 train quickly. Although even SoaSE had a large focus on ship building and very little planet customization, although it did somewhat exist. I really enjoy the resource setup in SR2, it reminds me a lot of old school Sid Meier's Colonization for some reason.

Anyway, to each their own per usual. I apologize if I offended with the 'greatest 4x of all time' header; a little grandiose I guess, but just trying to get the word out on an a somewhat unknown indie game.

Cheers!