Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any solo focused MMORPG?

laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

Why is every mmorpg group focused.

After I spend 50 hours gonig through the tutorial and reach level cap.  There are no longer any solo content left.

The only thing I can do is dungeons, raids, arenas, realm vs realm, world events, and pvp.  Those are all group content.  

Is there any mmorpg that actually have solo content after 50 hours of tutorial?

Comments

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145
    elderscrols online has about 200 hours of solo content and about infinite group content (repeatable dungeons , pvp and such)
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by laokoko

After I spend 50 hours gonig through the tutorial and reach level cap.  There are no longer any solo content left.

The only thing I can do is dungeons, raids, arenas, realm vs realm, world events, and pvp.  Those are all group content.  

Swtor, Tsw and Neverwinter are some of the titles that come to mind.

GW2 as well, especially if you don't mind creating alts (which kinda applies to swtor as well, since both games have storylines based on your class).

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Robokapp

Pong, Tetris both offer great solo content.

I thought pong was a pvp game.

"if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    You've finished the game once you've reached cap... everything after cap is just repeatable content designed to keep you busy until the next expansion comes out.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Originally posted by strawhat0981

Didn't you get the memo? Superdata says that pong is an MMMMMMMMMMMMO.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by Forgrimm
    Originally posted by strawhat0981

Didn't you get the memo? Superdata says that pong is an MMMMMMMMMMMMO.

LMAO.

This thread delivers. image

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

Is this some kind of a joke post?  The last 10 years have been FILLED with solo focused MMO's.  God even typing "Solo focused MMO's" makes my skin crawl.

But, as another poster said, if you want the most solo mmo of them all, SWTOR is your game.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

marvel heroes ... they did put in some group content at the end .. but most are still soloable.

Originally posted by Hrimnir

God even typing "Solo focused MMO's" makes my skin crawl.

no one asks you to play them 

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

He prooooooobably wouldn't consider playing them even if someone made the request. That's just me guessing.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• MissAdventureMissAdventure Member UncommonPosts: 83

The sarcasm is deep in this one.

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

Did i somehow imply that someone had asked me to play them?  I was simply expressing my displeasure at the fact that we can even type "solo focused MMO".  10 years ago i would have never thought in a million years someone would even utter the phrase in a sentence.

Originally posted by Cecropia

He prooooooobably wouldn't consider playing them even if someone made the request. That's just me guessing.

You sir would be correct.  Someone could offer me $100/mo to play SWTOR and i wouldnt do it. $1000/mo id probably do it just cus thats enough income to supplement my job, etc.  But, no, i would not play a solo focused MMO, which is mainly why i havent played any MMO's outside of P99 with any seriousness in the last ~3 years.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• LucchenoLuccheno Member UncommonPosts: 65

ESO, TSW, GW2 have a pretty nice solo experience....

Although... MMO are kinda supposed to be played with other people... Call me old fashioned, but isn't that what they stand for? HUm.... Of course some alone time is nice but... Still.... Sounds weird ur question. Have you tried normal PC games? Not MMO's?

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    this is clearly a joke thread, I would avoid posting anymore.  If it weren't a joke post, and he really wanted a game, he would have told us what game he just played with the 50 hour tutorial. 

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • ArtificeVenatusArtificeVenatus Member UncommonPosts: 1,236

Did i somehow imply that someone had asked me to play them?  I was simply expressing my displeasure at the fact that we can even type "solo focused MMO".  10 years ago i would have never thought in a million years someone would even utter the phrase in a sentence.

wait ... you find displeasure in entertainment products that others enjoy and you will never touch?

So do you find displeasure in the existence of movies you do not like, and novels you do not read too?

• ArtificeVenatusArtificeVenatus Member UncommonPosts: 1,236

wait ... you find displeasure in entertainment products that others enjoy and you will never touch?

So do you find displeasure in the existence of movies you do not like, and novels you do not read too?

Why not? Ain't that what all the MMO Gamers do toward the MMORPGers even mentioning that an MMORPG actually get made?

Originally posted by ArtificeVenatus

Why not? Ain't that what all the MMO Gamers do toward the MMORPGers even mentioning that an MMORPG actually get made?

Because since lots of entertainment products are not produced for you, you will find lots of displeasure? That sounds like a losing strategy to me. Why not just find the entertainment you like, and enjoy?

Which is exactly what I do.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    The title of this thread alone is absurd.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

Because since lots of entertainment products are not produced for you, you will find lots of displeasure? That sounds like a losing strategy to me. Why not just find the entertainment you like, and enjoy?

Ahhh, you're one of those. You know exactly why we cringe at the sound of someone asking for a solo focused MMORPG, you are just flaming. You have been around these boards long enough to know that many long time MMO fans hate that the genre has become so solo centric. You say go find a game that suits us, well that's the problem now isn't it? They just don't make them anymore now do they?

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
    Originally posted by Viper482
    The title of this thread alone is absurd.

and yet I can play Marvel Heroes and STO more or less as a single player game.

And btw, before you say they are not MMORPGs .. they are listed as such on the game list of THIS site, under the "genre" column. 

Ahhh, you're one of those. You know exactly why we cringe at the sound of someone asking for a solo focused MMORPG, you are just flaming. You have been around these boards long enough to know that many long time MMO fans hate that the genre has become so solo centric. You say go find a game that suits us, well that's the problem now isn't it? They just don't make them anymore now do they?

I did not. I said "Why not just find the entertainment you like, and enjoy?" .... MMOs are not the ONLY entertainment out there, are they?

Don't tell me nothing else entertain you (movies, tv, novels, music, single player games, .....). 

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

Nope.  And for good reason!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

Witcher 3

Skyrim

etc