Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dirty Bomb

HunctucavetoHunctucaveto Member UncommonPosts: 20

Saw Dirty Bomb on Steam. Has an Open Beta.

Has anyone tried this yet? Two questions:

1. If yes is it worth checking out?

2. Is this PvP or PvE?

Comments

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    It is quite funny this was brought up today, I just watched some gameplay on this very game. It is just another pvp arena, from what I researched.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• HunctucavetoHunctucaveto Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Originally posted by strawhat0981
    It is quite funny this was brought up today, I just watched some gameplay on this very game. It is just another pvp arena, from what I researched.
    I am sorry to hear that.  Thanks for the response.  :-)

• fineflufffinefluff Member RarePosts: 561

I just spend a few hours playing and it's quite fun. It's an objective based fps. So you have two teams, one attacking and one defending, and you play two rounds per match, one round as an attacker and one round as a defender. The objectives on each map are progressive, meaning your team needs to complete the first objective before moving onto the next one, but there are side objectives that can help your team or hinder the enemy team if they are completed. Objectives are things like planting c4, repairing a generator, and transporting an item or vehicle. The map design makes things more interesting. There are a lot of little paths and flanking areas. Sometimes these are opened up by completing side objectives, but they can be closed again too.

The ways you can support your team depend which "merc" (mercenary) you are playing as. Some mercs can revive fallen teammates and heal them, some can pass out ammo and call artillery, and there are other abilities as well. Each one plays a bit different and each has it's own weapons (you can't pick up enemy weapons). Before you start a match you can choose three mercs to make your "squad" and during the match you can switch between any of these three after death. Now since this is a free to play game, you will only start with two mercs and have to buy the others with credit earned in game or with cash. The mercs are also customizable to an extant. You have to get loadout cards either from cases you earn (randomly?) from playing matches or from the store. These loadout cards can change your mercs weapon and give them up to three augments (passive bonuses like being able to carry an extra ammo clip). I actually haven't understood how to use these loadout cards yet though.

There are two game modes right now: objective, in which your team has to complete each objective in the allotted time, and stopwatch. In stopwatch you don't have to complete all of the objectives to win, but whatever objectives you do complete you must stop the enemy team from completing them faster than you did when they play their round as the attackers. For example, if your team was able to complete one objective in 3 minutes, when you switch rounds and play as a defender, if you stop the enemy team from completing it for 3 minutes then you win.

This is a very frantic and fast paced game, but I would say it is definitely worth checking out.

• kenpokillerkenpokiller Member UncommonPosts: 321

Splash Damage did it again.

Makers of Wolfenstein: Enemy territory made this game. Open Beta now.

Finally a fast-paced shooter again.

Fast TTK (Time to kill)
    Obj-driven gameplay
    class-based teamwork
    Strafing/Trick-walljumping due to Quake-Engine
    movement not impeded even whilst under fire
    hipfire promoted
    need to gib kills.
    Overall very solid (been testing since alpha) and finally one that stands out!

I even managed to hit 60-70fps stable with i5 processor and nvidia 720M series

hope a competitive mods and dedicated matchmaking comes out of it;

They fixed credits/cases so it's much faster now and the only difference between bronze, silver, gold, obsidian & cobalt are the skins. Each card can get all weapons/perks.

Sway all day, butterfly flaps all the way!

• drakes821drakes821 Member UncommonPosts: 535
    I'm enjoying the game. It's a solid objective based arena shooter.
  • Liked the previous Splash Damage games. This looks to be more of the same in a different setting. I was -so- addicted to Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory back in the day.