Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch 2.0.10 lack of fixes worries me

Astro6Astro6 Member UncommonPosts: 247

There are plenty of things in the game that still need fixing there are MANY class abilities that still don't work properly and many players abuse in PvP.

There are many quests which still bug out that are not fixed i have a bad feeling that PC will be left behind and console will be the main focus.

For example i have 3 followers for my enchanter for days i will get no runestones if i get any it is the same 3  most times none, zero ,zip other professions no problems,  sent email, bug reports still happens most of the time.

I am stuck on main story line quest and cannot advance due to it getting bugged out sent tickets,e- mail no help months later so i stopped playing that character and leveled another to V5 still hit bugs now and again but got past main story line quests.

Comments

• MetricaMetrica Member CommonPosts: 37

Console launch is in a week.  They told us several months ago that they needed to focus on ensuring the console launch goes smoothly.  It's NEVER a good idea to make changes to a game in the 11th hour, during certification and leading up to the launch window.  

It is for the better of the game, the product, and the company, that they focus on console stability right now.  Relax, they explained this.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    The patch was over 2 gigs. I am sure there were more fixes than they listed. However most of that is probably behind the scenes additions for any upcoming content like the Imperial City. Have to wait for the next round of data mining to know for sure.
  • BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    As metric said. Historically all big aa games in the last 15 years had issues, and that's without a console release to contend with. If you look at the probability, it makes no sense that bugs won't eventually be cleared up, and it is entirely likely based on the history of gaming that things will gradually improve over time, focus will switch to cOntent and balancing and the fans will continue to play.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Just would be nice if they did more commenting and explaining on their forums and a lot less doing short term bans on players that just want answers.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    Originally posted by NightHaveN
    Can't comment on this patch, but after trying the game back in April I noticed one of the big issues the game had at launch were still there: mobs/npc phasing. Yes people give a lot of excuses about it from: (a) was an event, was crowded, (b) there is no phasing at end game, (c) bad luck, because I didn't face any.

But to my eyes they are not investing resources in fixing the game, only in adding stuff for the console launch. And that's the main reason I refuse to pay full retail price for it. And thanks to console launch, they will use that wave to keep a high price tag on PC boxes to keep milking new players.

A box copy is $53 on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-Online-PC-Mac/dp/B0081Q58AW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433269938&sr=8-1&keywords=elder+scrolls+online+pc

I fail to see how buying a box copy for $53 of a B2P game is "milking the players".  You act like they are tricking people into buying something. If someone is willing to buy a copy of the game for the price they are asking there is no " milking " involved.

Even at a price of $60 for the box is a deal IMO. Someone can get hundreds of hours worth of play out of the game now, just leveling up. Not including end game PvP, raids, or alts.

Milking the players is something that a franchise like CoD does with rehashed map packs. And yet millions of people gladly pay it. even if they never added another iota of content it would be well worth $60.

Originally posted by jdnewell
    Can't comment on this patch, but after trying the game back in April I noticed one of the big issues the game had at launch were still there: mobs/npc phasing. Yes people give a lot of excuses about it from: (a) was an event, was crowded, (b) there is no phasing at end game, (c) bad luck, because I didn't face any.

But to my eyes they are not investing resources in fixing the game, only in adding stuff for the console launch. And that's the main reason I refuse to pay full retail price for it. And thanks to console launch, they will use that wave to keep a high price tag on PC boxes to keep milking new players.

A box copy is $53 on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-Online-PC-Mac/dp/B0081Q58AW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433269938&sr=8-1&keywords=elder+scrolls+online+pc

I fail to see how buying a box copy for $53 of a B2P game is "milking the players".  You act like they are tricking people into buying something. If someone is willing to buy a copy of the game for the price they are asking there is no " milking " involved.

Even at a price of $60 for the box is a deal IMO. Someone can get hundreds of hours worth of play out of the game now, just leveling up. Not including end game PvP, raids, or alts.

Milking the players is something that a franchise like CoD does with rehashed map packs. And yet millions of people gladly pay it. even if they never added another iota of content it would be well worth $60.

What majority of players that have been there from start P2P game at the time we paid for a year and then instead of fixing the bugs they told us they were working on we find out they were working on console the whole time.  Gave a few meaning less rewards to the loyal players then just ignored us after. That is the type of company ZoS is and why so many are pissed off at them.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    Originally posted by Brenics
    Originally posted by jdnewell

What majority of players that have been there from start P2P game at the time we paid for a year and then instead of fixing the bugs they told us they were working on we find out they were working on console the whole time.  Gave a few meaning less rewards to the loyal players then just ignored us after. That is the type of company ZoS is and why so many are pissed off at them.

I am a PC player. Bought the game day of release.

The whole time I was playing PC I  knew they were working to fix and release the console version, as it was initially supposed to release at the same time but was delayed.

I also realize with a game like this there will be bugs that take forever to fix. I played DAoC for 5+ years and there were still bugs in that game when I left that had been there for years and years, and may still be there today.

The way I see it is if someone bought the game, played for a year presumably enjoying themselves, and continued to pay monthly then they really cant complain. It was and is a choice to pay for and keep paying monthly. Just like now if you are pissed off then simply dont play.

There are way too many good games out there to play something you dont like.

As far as ZOS as a company the way I see it they are doing what they have to as a company. Things change, business models change, the market changes. I am sure they would rather have stayed p2p as they initially stated. But if p2p business model failed then they have to change to survive, even if it means pissing some players off.

Either way I hope you find a game to enjoy =) life is too short to be upset over a video game.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

I think the "niggle" if you like is they simply launched "ready or not".

Dates were set. PC launch first, console shortly after - 2 weeks later was it (would have to check). The date came. They knew the game wasn't polished but they launched anyway. And for whatever reason - console certification not going so well, PC version badly received (lots of "potentially good game if only it was playable write ups), whatever - the console version was pulled.

And whilst I agree that people who paid a sub to play did so of their own free will you just have the feeling that they decided to shift to a non-sub model many, many months before it was announced. And the PC launch really was an extended beta.

As for the bugs being fixed ...... err people have played Skyrim yes? Whilst I assume there will be further fixes I wouldn't assume that "x" will be fixed. Very much a case of buy it, enjoy it but be prepared to be frustrated if you do. Sad I have this opinion. And quality should be a given; aim for perfection and then when some things get under the radar so be it but the "ready when its ready" philosophy is not the Zenimax way. Ready or not is how it has been so far hopefully the console version is "fixed enough".   

• meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    Originally posted by Metrica

Console launch is in a week.  They told us several months ago that they needed to focus on ensuring the console launch goes smoothly.  It's NEVER a good idea to make changes to a game in the 11th hour, during certification and leading up to the launch window.  

It is for the better of the game, the product, and the company, that they focus on console stability right now.  Relax, they explained this.

This seems typical of what we have seen in other titles, I just hope that this isn't a Cryptic move because NWO had most of the content cut out, and didn't bother with their bugs they had at launch I do hope it's nothing like that company however making it a console game will absolutely increase the demand for quality as there are things that the pc players allow to happen without even so much as a peep due to hype/fanboyism. So I guess what I'm saying is that if you have a complaint about a game not being what you want it to be on the PC side all you have to do is look to your left and right and see who's to blame (directed at the OP).

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971
    They did actually fix GROUP SEARCH and other things, or was it in the recent patch before ?
  • GilcroixGilcroix Member UncommonPosts: 262
    I just can't believe they still haven't balanced racial traits. Argonians have been garbage since beta.
    Originally posted by spizz
    They did actually fix GROUP SEARCH and other things, or was it in the recent patch before ?

It said in patch notes it was fixed, no it is not fixed.

• jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457
    This post could have been from a year ago which is why I no longer play this game....

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    Oddly enough, plenty of people have been enjoying themselves in game for more than a year.  If a game isn't to your taste, play something else.  I'm finding the pissing and moaning about bugs in games to be increasingly obnoxious.  I play games without any real problems while someone else in the corner is jumping up and down and yelling about how they're terrible, unacceptable, buggy messes.  At some point you just have to accept that there are some people who will never be satisfied, and that games shouldn't be designed around them.  If you're utterly intolerant of even the most minor glitches, wait a year or so after release and save yourself the grief (and save others the annoyance of listening to the moaning...)
  • parpinparpin Member UncommonPosts: 220
    i am level 23 right now in eso..so far really enjoying the game..i have seen only one bug..we went into dungeon and killed last boss but quest did not progressed..had to abandon the quest and pick it up again and obviously do the dungeon all over again. but it is forgivable bug..so far the game is really good.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Originally posted by ohioastro
    Oddly enough, plenty of people have been enjoying themselves in game for more than a year.  If a game isn't to your taste, play something else.  I'm finding the pissing and moaning about bugs in games to be increasingly obnoxious.  I play games without any real problems while someone else in the corner is jumping up and down and yelling about how they're terrible, unacceptable, buggy messes.  At some point you just have to accept that there are some people who will never be satisfied, and that games shouldn't be designed around them.  If you're utterly intolerant of even the most minor glitches, wait a year or so after release and save yourself the grief (and save others the annoyance of listening to the moaning...)

Funny thing is those same people are the ones that buy in to all these early access titles..

Seems like we forget that content has and still is being worked on during this lull period. I expect to see a good amount to roll out in succession once the consoles get settled in and I for one am glad console folks will get to enjoy this game finally.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by ohioastro

I agree.

Look at any metacritic user review for any game and you'll see the scoring manifestation of this asinine bug intolerance. Someone runs into a bug and score the game a 0.

Newsflash: this game, just like all other games WILL ALWAYS HAVE BUGS... people just need to learn to deal with it and stop moaning or take up another hobby where everything is perfect all the time... whatever the fuck that is.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED