Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The NCSoft Executioner

NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 2,406

I present:

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon
Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Comments

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,571
    Not yet.  They have a very generous F2P model coming out soon and things may pick up for it.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    This would have been relevant a month ago, but the F2P announcement means Wildstar is likely getting at least another year.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,351
    Originally posted by reeereee
    This would have been relevant a month ago, but the F2P announcement means Wildstar is likely getting at least another year.

Yep. They got a stay of execution for the time being.

Lets hope they make good use of that time.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

Feel free to send me a message if you want a guest pass to try Black Desert Online as well!

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Sure, the F2P will give them a stay of execution for a short time, but we all know it's coming. The MMORPG graveyard has an entire section devoted to NCSoft.

<3

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977

Yeah, they should keep losing money on a game like SOE (most notorious for dragging dead MMOs around) and some other MMOs.

Im glad that NCSoft is healthy company, and to stay healthy by getting rid of dead weight.

WS will live or die by its results, just like CoH, just like Auto Assault, just like any oher game they axed, its not rocket science really.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member RarePosts: 2,153
    If you think those previous NCSoft executions were simply business, you live in Simple Town.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

Originally posted by Arglebargle
    If you think those previous NCSoft executions were simply business, you live in Simple Town.

No, they were evil conspiracy against MMO players.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member RarePosts: 2,153
    Originally posted by Malabooga

I take it you don't work in the business world much?

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,362

This is silly.

I know you guys are angry about the shutdown of CoH and I am on your side about this. It was done in the worst way possible.

But claiming the same will happen to Wildstar when they are only just changing the payment model speaks of an overdose of butthurt.

• ThaneThane Member RarePosts: 2,827
    Originally posted by dreamscaper
    Sure, the F2P will give them a stay of execution for a short time, but we all know it's coming. The MMORPG graveyard has an entire section devoted to NCSoft.

so, you wont be playing BnS then i guess :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Originally posted by Malabooga

I take it you don't work in the business world much?

Come on enlighten us with REAL reasons those MMOs were axed.

Originally posted by Dakeru
    This is silly. I know you guys are angry about the shutdown of CoH and I am on your side about this. It was done in the worst way possible.   But claiming the same will happen to Wildstar when they are only just changing the payment model speaks of an overdose of butthurt.

If it doesnt perform at bare minimum level it will be axed just as those other MMOs were.