Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not so f2p

13»

Comments

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 1,768

Ya you know what IM thinking and your right.

Its not free enough for you........

If you end up liking the game sub, if you don't like the game STOP PLAYING IT.  If your playing a game just because its free that means your time has no value, your life has no value in other words.  Don't waste your life doing something you don't like just because its not costing you anything.  As an adult you have choices.  That's what growing up is all about, making the right choices with your time.

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Originally posted by Wizardry
    I said from the first day Smed tried pandering about cash shop gaming there was  only one positive.That is it allows a game that would normally not have the player base to look busier,attracting more players. Personally it is a poor reason to go cash shop,too many negatives.I don't want any free players in my game,it could ruin economy creates a worse global chat and you end up with players in guilds who really are not that interested and only there because it is free.I would rather know all the players i associate with are really there because they love the game and not because it is free. IMO the whole idea of cash shop gaming is to banter around a FALSE term "FREE".If you need to sell your product with the FREE title then your product needs a lot of help,simple as that.I just deleted 3 f2p titles off my computer,none of them held my interest past 2 days.It is extremely rare that a cash shop game holds my interest,matter of fact almost nothing has held my interest over the last 10 years.Since Wow came about game development and marketing changed a lot,i no longer like the design approach devs are using,everything is cheap and rushed.

If they had of been three games that you initially would have had to pay $15 to play each month, would they have made it to your computer in the first place?

See what I did there?

I don't like the F2P business model either.  But there is a very good reason it isn't going anywhere, anytime soon.  And that reason is money.  The F2P business model reaches a broader market thereby increasing its potential consumer base and resultant bottom line.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by silhaku
      Everyone knows by now that Wildstar is going free to play and I think that its a awesome decision.   

Stopped to read at "awesome decision". FTP is killer of good gaming, should be banned by law.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by daltanious
      Everyone knows by now that Wildstar is going free to play and I think that its a awesome decision.   

Stopped to read at "awesome decision". FTP is killer of good gaming, should be banned by law.

Wow, thanks for the enlightening facts. Unfortunately, you're wrong. F2P is exactly 83.6% more good than other gaming models at the moment. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• NitetasiaNitetasia Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Originally posted by CrazKanuk

Wow, thanks for the enlightening facts. Unfortunately, you're wrong. F2P is exactly 83.6% more good than other gaming models at the moment. 

I agree to that statement. Look at Tera and Rift, they are doing well as free to play. The only games that die from FTP, are those companies that just make a new mmorpg and don't have a good business model (aka, p2w item shop, and generic with the side of boring gameplay.) 

with what I see from wildstar, I only have high hopes and excited to see more people in game. Right now, even with the sub model in play, I'm seeing more and more people on and playing. I only hear people saying how good it is to be back in game, and they realized they have missed playing it :)

• DemogorgonDemogorgon Member UncommonPosts: 337
    Originally posted by CrazKanuk

Wow, thank you for telling us how much more profit these cheap tricks games are making.

Fact is, profit doesn't equals to good games. Keep up the agenda though. (You & the few others)

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560

They are not asking money from free players  :-

1. for Action bars

2. to hide helmet

3. to loot dungeon

4. to do pvp

5. to do raid

6. to receive quest reward

7. to earn credits beyond a cap

8. to trade with players

9. to send any kind of mail

It is already a very very generous f2p model in my book.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.