Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Echo Of Soul.. Best theme park in a long long time!

Comments

• GeneralSkykillerGeneralSkykiller Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Originally posted by Mikeha
    Originally posted by Hariken
    Originally posted by GeneralSkykiller

English being my second language, I would like to apologize for my grammar.

Echo of Soul is one of the best theme park mmorpg I've played after aion. The pvp in this game is just amazing, the battleground have been designed perfectly, giving a MOBA feel in an MMORPG. The graphics are not as great as it's other aspects. The leveling in this game is not at all tedious! You can chose how ever u wanna lvl up, though the fastest methods are questing and pvping at the battleground, enabling the battleground at lvl10 is something I really admire about this game.

Looking at the cash shop I could not find any p2w type of items. 

Some of the thing that disappoints me is there not being the night and day cycle :( 

, the towns are a bit small and the 63 regions saying is an absolute lie! There are hardly 20 regions which can be said as regions! Rest are just small little corridors connecting 2 regions or just to another tiny little corridor.

I would love to see new cosmetic items and mounts in the cash shop, new and huge expansions coming at a regular interval and the most important thing the CUSTOMER SUPPORT!

For those who are planning to give this mmo a go, start downloading this game this very second, while everyone is at a fresh start!

^^ the above is my opinion of this game, I would really like to know ur opinion about this game too :)

Well said man

But you won't find many on this site that agree with you. These people hate Eastern mmo's. But i love the game also. And think it will do very well. The East is the only ones making Traditional mmo's for PC now. And i was worried about the cash shop too. Nothing p2w as you have said. Great game and packed at the moment as all open beta's are. But even in crowded areas i have zero lag. And teaming up for a team dungeon is a blast. Even the solo dungeons are fun. Love how the loot and quest rewards work in this game to. Its been awhile when i play something and lose track of time. 

Well said my friend. Let the haters keep hating while talking about how the genre is doomed.

Its our time now.image

Thanks, but every1 has a different taste so it depends form player to player.

Anyway another pro about this game is the soul system, its really awsome and helps in a more in depth customization of the character, Which makes our play style a it more unique.

• AeroangelAeroangel Member UncommonPosts: 498

Originally posted by Spankisaurus

In my opinion, f2p games have lower standards compare to subscription because it's free and your not required to break out any money.

Now, based as being a f2p game, I thing it's well made. It's like IKEA version of World of Warcraft. They cut out what makes it expensive so they can produce a cheap well made game that will do it's job. Which is to entertain it's customers and so far I think it's doing it's job because honestly I am very interested on taking a character to it's max level.

I've tried leveling by questing and I was moving from one quest to another fast. I also made another character leveled it to 10 and tried leveling by pvping in battleground and I didn't feel the grind of leveling at all.

I haven't seen it all but so far it's good.

If I want to play a high quality game that would pass with high flying colors then I would look into subscription games like FFXIV ARR.

I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion and mine is f2p games is low budget made games and subscription is just the opposite. Just cannot use the same standards comparing Geo Metro in the Sport Luxury Car Category if you know what I mean.

Okay I'm sorry but I vehemently and wholeheartedly disagree, and the analogies you used are wrong. First of all when you purchase a car or buy furniture it's a fixed price up front, which does not translate well when comparing to a subscription or you could even say rental type.

Secondly from the resources and statistics I've seen these free to play games can and do generate as much or even MORE revenue than subscription based games, and it is not hard to see why when you see that there are "whales" who can spend hundreds or thousands of dollars monthly on these games. And I am not exaggerating there I have literally seen that part first hand.

My point being there is no excuse to have a low quality product if your intention is to make money. It costs money to make money. LoL for example is F2P but has always looked great, and there are countless other examples of good looking free to play games that look good. Not to mention think about all the Mods that people make for FREE for the community that can improve graphics for a game. People make mods and host servers out there pretty much out of the goodness of their heart but you want to defend the people actually making money here? Nothing is exactly free about these games and at the end of the day the developers goal is to make a profit.

What classes are you all playing and what server? 

I am playing a Stormguard on Requeim.

Stormguard on Requeim as well with the same name as on here. I plan on playing later today when I get home from work if anyone wants to group up! :)

Originally posted by Howbadisbad

-Animation locked combat
    -Imbalanced classes in PVP (Animation lock on melee skills is part of it)

I saw some people praising the PVP so I decided to give it a go. I tried 3 classes Poison Rogue, Duelist Rogue, and DPS archer. Out of all three the archer was vastly superior, I found that running backwards was enough to nullify the melee damage from all melee classes except for the spear user since she has knockdowns and CC for days. My damage output was also just as good, if not better than the rogues I tried (significantly better than the poison rogue jesus christ he sucked).

Overall would not recommend this game to anyone who is looking for good PVP, melee classes are significantly disadvantaged here.

Nice review. So are you saying melee has as much CC as ranged or...?

--------------------------
    Playing:
    FFXIV, TERA, LoL, and HoTS
    My Rig:
    GPU: GeForce GTX 770, CPU: i7-4790K, Memory: 16 GB RAM

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

Ranged classes have a definite advantage in group PvP, however, many of the maps require teams to split up. This is where the Rogue comes into play. I know someone was mentioning that they seemed far less powerful than a ranger, but up in small groups they can be fearsome. Also before you judge any class, make sure you at least get to level 20. The class isn't really fleshed out until then.

A lot of people say it's generic, which I somewhat agree, but then again, nobody has done generic this well in awhile. TERA would be the closest game I could ever compare. TERA suffers from a few things compared to EoS.

Tera's questing is just as bad as EoS and arguably this is the worst part of both games.

Graphics of TERA are 7.5/10, EoS is like 5 - 5.5/10. I think it looks pretty good on my rig compared to videos I watch, don't know why though.

Combat is Tab Target, but I have never been tested in normal play with a tab target game like EoS. Doing a solo dungeon at the minimum level will be an adrenaline rush. It may not be quite as good as Tera's combat, but the option to have duel subclasses to switch between gives more variety than TERA, unless TERA has something like this now.

No healer in EoS, which I disliked at first but now I realize it just makes for better gameplay. While I like healing in many games including TERA, it always made it difficult to form a party in TERA in the mid-level dungeons. Dps could also be less careless because they put on the slack on a healer and then it becomes the healers fault. More and More games are removing healing, and now I can understand why, everyone is kind of responsible for their own damage mitigation.

At lets be real here, any MMO when it comes down to it, gets to be repetitive and grindy. EVERY SINGLE ONE. I have tried them all.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462
    The game is good for what it is really. I just can't play an MMO with traditional leveling and quests that I don't bother reading. I do hope people enjoy the game as it is quite well done.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Originally posted by unclemo
    The game is good for what it is really. I just can't play an MMO with traditional leveling and quests that I don't bother reading. I do hope people enjoy the game as it is quite well done.

I hear that. I play Elder Scrolls online for that purpose. I have been jumping between the two lately. I think the PvP is way better in EoS though

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • HowbadisbadHowbadisbad Member UncommonPosts: 453

Originally posted by Aeroangel
    Originally posted by SpankisaurusIn my opinion, f2p games have lower standards compare to subscription because it's free and your not required to break out any money.Now, based as being a f2p game, I thing it's well made. It's like IKEA version of World of Warcraft. They cut out what makes it expensive so they can produce a cheap well made game that will do it's job. Which is to entertain it's customers and so far I think it's doing it's job because honestly I am very interested on taking a character to it's max level.I've tried leveling by questing and I was moving from one quest to another fast. I also made another character leveled it to 10 and tried leveling by pvping in battleground and I didn't feel the grind of leveling at all.I haven't seen it all but so far it's good.If I want to play a high quality game that would pass with high flying colors then I would look into subscription games like FFXIV ARR.I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion and mine is f2p games is low budget made games and subscription is just the opposite. Just cannot use the same standards comparing Geo Metro in the Sport Luxury Car Category if you know what I mean.  Okay I'm sorry but I vehemently and wholeheartedly disagree, and the analogies you used are wrong. First of all when you purchase a car or buy furniture it's a fixed price up front, which does not translate well when comparing to a subscription or you could even say rental type. Secondly from the resources and statistics I've seen these free to play games can and do generate as much or even MORE revenue than subscription based games, and it is not hard to see why when you see that there are "whales" who can spend hundreds or thousands of dollars monthly on these games. And I am not exaggerating there I have literally seen that part first hand. My point being there is no excuse to have a low quality product if your intention is to make money. It costs money to make money. LoL for example is F2P but has always looked great, and there are countless other examples of good looking free to play games that look good. Not to mention think about all the Mods that people make for FREE for the community that can improve graphics for a game. People make mods and host servers out there pretty much out of the goodness of their heart but you want to defend the people actually making money here? Nothing is exactly free about these games and at the end of the day the developers goal is to make a profit.Originally posted by MikehaWhat classes are you all playing and what server?  I am playing a Stormguard on Requeim.

Stormguard on Requeim as well with the same name as on here. I plan on playing later today when I get home from work if anyone wants to group up! :)

Originally posted by Howbadisbad

-Animation locked combat
    -Imbalanced classes in PVP (Animation lock on melee skills is part of it)

I saw some people praising the PVP so I decided to give it a go. I tried 3 classes Poison Rogue, Duelist Rogue, and DPS archer. Out of all three the archer was vastly superior, I found that running backwards was enough to nullify the melee damage from all melee classes except for the spear user since she has knockdowns and CC for days. My damage output was also just as good, if not better than the rogues I tried (significantly better than the poison rogue jesus christ he sucked).

Overall would not recommend this game to anyone who is looking for good PVP, melee classes are significantly disadvantaged here.

Nice review. So are you saying melee has as much CC as ranged or...?

Archers have ways to keep melee off them, all the melee classes have a dash, and archer has a knockback. You can simply run backwards and rogues will not be able to hit you for any kind of decent damage. Spear users can dash into knockdown so you dont really get to run from them.

All of my information is pvp at lvl 10-19 maybe rogues get skills that help them stop sucking later, but until then they are utter garbage. Duelist needs someone to hold people in place for you to apply good damage, and poison does trash damage no matter what.

Waiting for:
    The Repopulation
    Albion Online

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Here is a Skill Guide that should come in handy.

Use Chrome for translations.

http://www.eos.in.th/gameguide/charecter_guardian.aspx

As for the classes things change as they get higher level and gain access to more of their skills. 

Originally posted by Torval
    Rogues at low levels have two gap closers, one of which is a snare and is short range the other is long range. I'm not doing pvp though so I don't really care about that.

They also have a 3 second ranged stun. Don't remember the skill name but its one of their best.

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669

Okay, normally I just "nope" out when I see Aeria Games, but y'all mother frellers have made me curious. Download almost done, gonna check this out.

Rogues at low levels have two gap closers, one of which is a snare and is short range the other is long range. I'm not doing pvp though so I don't really care about that.

They also have a 3 second ranged stun. Don't remember the skill name but its one of their best.

Yeah, I forgot about that. I'm sure Assassin's are probably better for pvp, but I went duelist. It looked more fun without the constant poison/dot chains. I may respec sometime later and try that though.

I also played Duelist during the CBT. Got it to around level 45 so I did get some good experience with it.

I'm actually a bit surprised. It's pretty decent for what it is. The combat is pretty responsive and I really like that.

Rolled a Warrior and just hit level 10. Decided to go down the Zerker path and just finished Hidden Cavern (Normal). I have a question though, do bosses have a random loot table? For example, I got protector gear from Ciskai, if I beat her again will it always be the same, or can other stuff drop as well?

Haven't touched PvP yet. Going to try that here in a few.

EDIT: Figured it out. Ran it again and got Zerker gear. Then realized it's set pieces. Now I have to run it until I get all four pieces of the Zerkers Dazzling set.

Originally posted by ThumbtackJ

I'm actually a bit surprised. It's pretty decent for what it is. The combat is pretty responsive and I really like that.

Rolled a Warrior and just hit level 10. Decided to go down the Zerker path and just finished Hidden Cavern (Normal). I have a question though, do bosses have a random loot table? For example, I got protector gear from Ciskai, if I beat her again will it always be the same, or can other stuff drop as well?

Haven't touched PvP yet. Going to try that here in a few.

EDIT: Figured it out. Ran it again and got Zerker gear. Then realized it's set pieces. Now I have to run it until I get all four pieces of the Zerkers Dazzling set.

Its not really worth running those Dungeons for the set pieces because you will out level it pretty fast. I spent hours once doing that for a set and probably wont do it again. I could had leveled my toon a few times instead of spending that much time running a dungeon. It would be ok if you got the pieces for the class that you are currently using while running the dungeon.

You can get armor and weapons a lot easier by doing the battlegrounds and using those tokens to buy gear from the battleground merchants. Its green so not as good as the blues in the dungeon but it will do till you get  higher level.

As a rogue assassin i'm having fun playing PVE, the dungeons are kinda easy with a rogue.

On the other hand, rogue is may not be the top class for pvp, but still that depends on how we play it, being a rogue u might now wanna go and jump right in front of 4-6 players and try to tackle, though rogue can easily escape the battle in its own comfort.

Anyways can someone give me a good rogue assassin build, and combos?

PvP is brutal. I"m probably just not playing my class "right" though. Never-the-less it's pretty fun for tab-target combat (admittedly I could just be starved for an MMO right now so anything seems great). I've only got to do Theater so far though.

Also did Caverns on Heroic as soon as I hit 15. Was not expecting that much of a jump in difficulty. Pulled the first two Nagas and died in a few seconds. Took about 10 minutes and about three deaths total but I finally beat it and got a nifty Zerker sword off of Ciskai. 

The zoning reminds me a lot of FFXIV, but a bit more chopped up. But then there are areas like Aurora which seem like to be of comparative size to many of the zones in FFXIV. Population is decent, at least on Requiem (NA), so that's a plus. Not sure how long it will stay like that.

I don't think (at least as far as I've gotten) that there's anything super mind blowingly awesome, but I'm having fun for now, so that works for me.

EDIT: Anyone in an active guild on Requiem NA? 

EDIT: Came back to Cavern Heroic for the Dungeon Hero Quest at level 19, and absolutely whooped that place. Went from 10 minutes at 15 to just under 5 (for a full clear) at level 19.

• RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516

im happy other people like this game because im playing it since closed beta and that a realy good game

read my post about the game there and im asking for a forum

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6657627#6657627

want add more since im curently lvl 60 : the game GOT ALOT ALOT of stuft to do endgame

for resume all the features you can find in game like wow and features not even in game like wow

you can gear yourself solo !! 

infinite dongeon with tier you can go lower, starting tier 1 ect, valhalla a big zone where all guild fight with a boss in the middle

what more they add nice stuft too, like in raid if you get the drop you dont want or got 3 time you can change it from another piece ( something i realy dislike in other game where you dont get the right drop )

reward for open world pvp ( token ) new battleground lvl 60 ( more skill involved in pvp at 60, battle take more time you dont die you dont die in 5 sec like before 60 ) place for quest with tier 1-2-3, daily, alot of daily

essence you can imbue on your item, solo infinite instance with tier where you can go until you die while you get better and better drop

seriously that a good game :)

i have hit lvl 60 and feel like the game just starting while usualy im done with the game in others game haha

these korean know how to grind and add contents ( same team who did lineage game btw )

im fine with a a old school mmorpg and this is the best one curently

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Can anyone tell me more about the pvp? Why does it have a moba feel? Is it objective based? Death match? Someone said levels are normalized, so does gear matter? Any other information would be cool.
  • LordZeikLordZeik Member UncommonPosts: 276
    I feel kinda bad for you guys. This game sounds awesome. Just with a company like Aeria at the helm any sort of competition will be tossed out the window. Tiered spender events will be the thing you come to hate most about this company. Content will start to shrivel up as soon as their next biggest game is announced. I personally wouldn't get too attached to EoS unless you don't mind getting trampled on down the road.
    Originally posted by YashaX
    Can anyone tell me more about the pvp? Why does it have a moba feel? Is it objective based? Death match? Someone said levels are normalized, so does gear matter? Any other information would be cool.

Well the PvP is just awsome, the best i've ever seen in tab target in a long time.

By MOBA feel i mean the battleground, The battleground has 2 maps. On the 1st map 2 teams fight against each other to collect as many resources as possible, on the 2nd map the 2 teams fight each other to claim certain entities.

There are many other forms of PvP, but since i'm lvl 30 I've been doing the battleground (ADDICTION!!!)

As you were told there are many other places for pvp like valhal(might have spelled wrong :p) and stuff.

In the Battleground the pvp is balanced if ur under lvl 60, so a lvl 10 and a lvl 59 has the same stats, the only thing differs is the no. of skills, otherwise its just like DOTA or LOL.

The gear again are of 2 types, PvE and PvP type, you can only unlock PvP gear at lvl 60, till then u use PvE gear.

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I uninstalled it because it didn't seem different enough from other mmos.  I might pick it up again another time when im bored but it just had this..."meh" feeling to it for me.  I did the PvP a few times and it was fun...but honestly there are tons of other games with PvP exactly (or close enough) like this.  *shrug*
    Originally posted by Kajidourden
     it didn't seem different enough from other mmos.  *

It's not. It doesn't even try to pull off some sort of gimmick to set it apart (unless you count the soul stuff, but that doesn't strike me as a "gimmick"). But I think that's okay. I don't think this is going to be (or trying to be even) an MMO that people are going to play day-in and day-out. It's just a straight-forward theme-park MMO with solid (it's relatively fluid and responsive) tab-target combat that you could easily pick up every once in a while.

I've done the 1-80 in GW2 several times. 1-60 twice in Neverwinter. 1-60 in Tera (with several other level 30+'s). And a VR2 or so in ESO. So for me, this is a nice change of pace from the manual-aim-action-combat system of those games. Not something I'll likely stick with forever, but for now I'm having fun.

I would like to see more battlegrounds (a 30vs30 one would be nice), and a male ranged class. I tried playing a mage but just couldn't get into it.

It's not. It doesn't even try to pull off some sort of gimmick to set it apart (unless you count the soul stuff, but that doesn't strike me as a "gimmick"). But I think that's okay. I don't think this is going to be (or trying to be even) an MMO that people are going to play day-in and day-out. It's just a straight-forward theme-park MMO with solid (it's relatively fluid and responsive) tab-target combat that you could easily pick up every once in a while.

I've done the 1-80 in GW2 several times. 1-60 twice in Neverwinter. 1-60 in Tera (with several other level 30+'s). And a VR2 or so in ESO. So for me, this is a nice change of pace from the manual-aim-action-combat system of those games. Not something I'll likely stick with forever, but for now I'm having fun.

I would like to see more battlegrounds (a 30vs30 one would be nice), and a male ranged class. I tried playing a mage but just couldn't get into it.

More battlegrounds are coming in 2.0 and the Warlock ( Male Ranged ) class.

Is there an ETA on that? 

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Originally posted by GeneralSkykiller
    Originally posted by YashaX

Well the PvP is just awsome, the best i've ever seen in tab target in a long time.

By MOBA feel i mean the battleground, The battleground has 2 maps. On the 1st map 2 teams fight against each other to collect as many resources as possible, on the 2nd map the 2 teams fight each other to claim certain entities.

There are many other forms of PvP, but since i'm lvl 30 I've been doing the battleground (ADDICTION!!!)

As you were told there are many other places for pvp like valhal(might have spelled wrong :p) and stuff.

In the Battleground the pvp is balanced if ur under lvl 60, so a lvl 10 and a lvl 59 has the same stats, the only thing differs is the no. of skills, otherwise its just like DOTA or LOL.

The gear again are of 2 types, PvE and PvP type, you can only unlock PvP gear at lvl 60, till then u use PvE gear.

That sounds pretty interesting. Still not sure how it is similar to moba (most moba have mobs running toward an enemy base along set paths which are guarded by towers, plus several ancillary mechanics). But I like what I hear about fast levelling and normalized stats in these BGs.

Also many people are saying this game adds nothing new to the genre- but I am sure I read that there are procedurally generated dungeons or something? I have never seen that in an mmo before, is it a first? And more importantly does it work well?

Is there an ETA on that? 

I read about in the forums but don't know when its coming.

• AeroangelAeroangel Member UncommonPosts: 498

Still trying it out. I am also wondering why this game doesn't have a dedicated forum here? 

I plan on trying to get both Earthguard and Bard to 10 or so, and see which I prefer. Ideally I want the class that is best at support roles or the most needed. 

--------------------------
    Playing:
    FFXIV, TERA, LoL, and HoTS
    My Rig:
    GPU: GeForce GTX 770, CPU: i7-4790K, Memory: 16 GB RAM