Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Echo Of Soul.. Best theme park in a long long time!

GeneralSkykillerGeneralSkykiller Member UncommonPosts: 8

English being my second language, I would like to apologize for my grammar.

Echo of Soul is one of the best theme park mmorpg I've played after aion. The pvp in this game is just amazing, the battleground have been designed perfectly, giving a MOBA feel in an MMORPG. The graphics are not as great as it's other aspects. The leveling in this game is not at all tedious! You can chose how ever u wanna lvl up, though the fastest methods are questing and pvping at the battleground, enabling the battleground at lvl10 is something I really admire about this game.

Looking at the cash shop I could not find any p2w type of items. 

Some of the thing that disappoints me is there not being the night and day cycle :( 

, the towns are a bit small and the 63 regions saying is an absolute lie! There are hardly 20 regions which can be said as regions! Rest are just small little corridors connecting 2 regions or just to another tiny little corridor.

I would love to see new cosmetic items and mounts in the cash shop, new and huge expansions coming at a regular interval and the most important thing the CUSTOMER SUPPORT!

For those who are planning to give this mmo a go, start downloading this game this very second, while everyone is at a fresh start!

^^ the above is my opinion of this game, I would really like to know ur opinion about this game too :)

Comments

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    That sounds really awful honestly. My opinion since you asked is I'll pass doesn't look like something i'd like. Hope others enjoy it
  • RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    I tried it, but it was pretty bad for me.  seemed very much like any other FTP eastern MMO. 

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I am having a blast playing Echo Of Soul.image
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

It's a pretty good game for its type.  It has its shortfalls but its an MMORPG moving in the right direction.  That's a plus.  Progress in the genre is an encouraging sign. 

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

One of its major fails is that classes are gender locked.  I really wish MMORPG developers would stop doing this gender locked exercise.  MMORPGs are about immersion and character development.  For obvious reasons, gender locked classes just do not translate well in an MMORPG in that regard.  A lack of an open seamless world is also a major fail for this game.  Notice to future MMORPG developers, gender locked classes and lack of an open seamless world are big no-no's for an MMORPG.  Please stop sacrificing these two very important MMORPG staples in an effort to save money and resources.  All you end up doing by doing so is advertising that the game you just spend all of this money, resources, and time developing is nothing but a second rate MMORPG.  No one is going to take your MMORPG seriously.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

Played through closed beta, various classes. Highest one to mid 40's

That really was enough for me.

Kill xx of x, gather xx of x, kill slightly harder mob

repeat

repeat

repeat

and xx repeats

I read quite a few of the early quests, but after that it really wasn't worth it, because it was exactly the same thing. "cannot find xxxxx npc - can you go and find him"   "need skin/oil/blood of xxxxx mobs - can you kill 10"   "xxxxxxx mob is the leader of these mobs - can you kill it"

over and over and over and over and over and over - ad infinitum

I think part of the problem was my decision to try various classes, as I was just repeating the same mind numbing quests. But even focusing on one still meant doing the same utter tedium of kill xx of x quests level after level after level.

Hiveleader described this as completely generic - having played it I'd say even that description was flattering.

On the plus side - and there must be one somewhere - it is a game you can hop into, do a few mind numbing quests and log off - without the feeling that you're missing anything while you're away.

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

I am enjoying it.

Some things I like:

Zones (A pro but also a con): You visit many many different environments relatively quickly. The scenery is always changing. I personally think this is great.

Combat is very smooth

PvP is balanced, granted they only had to balance 5 classes (10 with subclasses)

The Battlegrounds definitely remind me of playing a MOBA.

PvP scales with level in BGs, so no matter what level your friend is, you can PvP together.

Not action combat, but still you need to be quick and pay attention!

Anime theme and general art style, which up until now (excluding Blade and Soul and TERA), all anime games kinda really suck.

Open World Guild PvP is fun and reminds of TERA.

Valhalla seems fun but haven't tried it. It is large scale BG for 10 guilds battling together i believe.

Fast leveling - this isn't Lineage or Aion. Thankfully.

Some things that I don't like:

Zoning - too many small loading screens in between certain areas.

Graphics - not great, not bad.

Questing - yeah it's the same thing you're used to, but offers a smooth experience.

Story - it's meh. don't bother reading quest text.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    If this is Aeria games, you just need to stop there. 
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

i played a bit today , once u get some lvls its gets better , and the zone around lvl 15 is bigger than this sorry excuses of corridors and little zones.... but still doesnt feel "open world" to me

enjoyed the pvp , but its a bit zergfest and stun stun dead  :S

the dungeon on heroic is impossible , 1 boss is hard , i have only 1 interrupt that has 30s cd and the boss hits with a poison attack every 20s ~ (unavoidable )  that hit me for 60% hp , add normal attacks and im toasted....

• krgwynnekrgwynne Member UncommonPosts: 119
    I got a beta key for this and it is not a new mmo it is crap from 5 years ago and not good crap either, plenty of free or subscription games to play over this.You left aion for this are you on drugs?
  • AeroangelAeroangel Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Originally posted by Mikeha

Hey Mikeha,

I remember you saying back in December '14 that you preferred TERA over Rift, and at the time I thought I liked Rift more, but I actually ended up getting really bored of it. Recently decided to give TERA another shot, and I am thoroughly enjoying every aspect of the game so far. 

So my point is that you seemed to have a ton of praise for TERA at the time, and I was just wondering what you think of this Echo of Soul game in comparison to TERA. Have you have grown tired of TERA, just like this new game better, or are you playing both? Thanks!!! 

--------------------------
    Playing:
    FFXIV, TERA, LoL, and HoTS
    My Rig:
    GPU: GeForce GTX 770, CPU: i7-4790K, Memory: 16 GB RAM

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Originally posted by GeneralSkykiller

Echo of Soul is one of the best theme park mmorpg I've played after aion. The pvp in this game is just amazing, the battleground have been designed perfectly, giving a MOBA feel in an MMORPG. The graphics are not as great as it's other aspects. The leveling in this game is not at all tedious! You can chose how ever u wanna lvl up, though the fastest methods are questing and pvping at the battleground, enabling the battleground at lvl10 is something I really admire about this game.

Some of the thing that disappoints me is there not being the night and day cycle :( 

, the towns are a bit small and the 63 regions saying is an absolute lie! There are hardly 20 regions which can be said as regions! Rest are just small little corridors connecting 2 regions or just to another tiny little corridor.

I would love to see new cosmetic items and mounts in the cash shop, new and huge expansions coming at a regular interval and the most important thing the CUSTOMER SUPPORT!

For those who are planning to give this mmo a go, start downloading this game this very second, while everyone is at a fresh start!

^^ the above is my opinion of this game, I would really like to know ur opinion about this game too :)

The fact that a player has to "look in the cash shop" to see if the game is playable shows what a sorry state F2P gamers are in.

Originally posted by Torval
    Originally posted by JDis25

I am enjoying it.

Some things I like:

Zones (A pro but also a con): You visit many many different environments relatively quickly. The scenery is always changing. I personally think this is great.

Combat is very smooth

PvP is balanced, granted they only had to balance 5 classes (10 with subclasses)

The Battlegrounds definitely remind me of playing a MOBA.

PvP scales with level in BGs, so no matter what level your friend is, you can PvP together.

Not action combat, but still you need to be quick and pay attention!

Anime theme and general art style, which up until now (excluding Blade and Soul and TERA), all anime games kinda really suck.

Open World Guild PvP is fun and reminds of TERA.

Valhalla seems fun but haven't tried it. It is large scale BG for 10 guilds battling together i believe.

Fast leveling - this isn't Lineage or Aion. Thankfully.

Some things that I don't like:

Zoning - too many small loading screens in between certain areas.

Graphics - not great, not bad.

Questing - yeah it's the same thing you're used to, but offers a smooth experience.

Story - it's meh. don't bother reading quest text.

That sums it up for me. I would add that the solo dungeons are a lot of fun and challenging. Heroics can be brutal especially if you don't gear up through normal mode first.

The game has an old school feel to it. It reminds me a lot of early WoW in some ways. Crafting is limited to one profession per character (though there are only 3 professions) plus the soul gem thing and the cooking.

First of all great summary JDis25 thank you for that.

Torval: Is this your game of choice currently (if not which one are you currently playing?), or did you just try it out and this your impression of it? Also I was wondering if there are only solo dungeons or if there are traditional group dungeons as well? Thanks! 

Playing:
    My Rig:

Originally posted by goboygo
    The fact that a player has to "look in the cash shop" to see if the game is playable shows what a sorry state F2P gamers are in.

Honestly all the subscription games have cash shops now, so it is what it is. I would definitely take an all access pass for a monthly fee, but if all of them are going to shove cash shops down my throat and an optional subscription that's fine as long as they don't sell buy to win or game breaking items.

Playing:
    My Rig:

Originally posted by Aeroangel

Hey Mikeha,

I remember you saying back in December '14 that you preferred TERA over Rift, and at the time I thought I liked Rift more, but I actually ended up getting really bored of it. Recently decided to give TERA another shot, and I am thoroughly enjoying every aspect of the game so far. 

So my point is that you seemed to have a ton of praise for TERA at the time, and I was just wondering what you think of this Echo of Soul game in comparison to TERA. Have you have grown tired of TERA, just like this new game better, or are you playing both? Thanks!!! 

TERA is a great game but Echo Of Soul has that old school feel that I have been wanting. I think Echo Of Soul has the best Tab Target combat of any mmo on the market and being able to level up from pvp just makes the game so much fun.

Originally posted by Aeroangel

Hey Mikeha,

TERA is a great game but Echo Of Soul has that old school feel that I have been wanting. I think Echo Of Soul has the best Tab Target combat of any mmo on the market and being able to level up from pvp just makes the game so much fun.

Wow I may need to give it the ol' college try if that's the case. Thank you for responding!!! 

Playing:
    My Rig:

Well I just played for about 30 minutes. First Impressions: 

Pros: 

• Clean UI
    • Smooth gameplay 
    • So far leveling is crazy fast, and the quests are.. interesting. I literally killed two mobs and somehow completed 3 quests at once? lol 

Cons: 

• Ugly as sin! This is like early 2000'ish graphics practically. I have all the setting cranked to max. 
    • Generic and nothing groundbreaking so far
    • Boring quests
    • Gender locked classes
    • No healer class
    I hate to sound superficial, but it's going to be hard to get past the looks to keep trudging on. I'm one of the first people to say give me storyline and gameplay over graphics, but in this case I would prefer it if you just made the game 2D or more cartoony looking than have it be fugly. Some of the surroundings look OKAY but the ground and even the characters themselves definitely need work. 

Well it looks like some dungeons and PvP open up at level 10 which should probably only take another 20-30 minutes to get to, and there is a "soul system" and some other things that might be redeeming and bulk up the pros list a bit. Someone please give this game a makeover though... lol. 

Playing:
    My Rig:

• SpankisaurusSpankisaurus Member Posts: 2

In my opinion, f2p games have lower standards compare to subscription because it's free and your not required to break out any money.

Now, based as being a f2p game, I thing it's well made. It's like IKEA version of World of Warcraft. They cut out what makes it expensive so they can produce a cheap well made game that will do it's job. Which is to entertain it's customers and so far I think it's doing it's job because honestly I am very interested on taking a character to it's max level.

I've tried leveling by questing and I was moving from one quest to another fast. I also made another character leveled it to 10 and tried leveling by pvping in battleground and I didn't feel the grind of leveling at all.

I haven't seen it all but so far it's good.

If I want to play a high quality game that would pass with high flying colors then I would look into subscription games like FFXIV ARR.

I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion and mine is f2p games is low budget made games and subscription is just the opposite. Just cannot use the same standards comparing Geo Metro in the Sport Luxury Car Category if you know what I mean.

• suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187

I have a blast playing EoS. Every 20 sec their epic hacker protection crashed and so the whole game with it just because these fucktards couldn't fix it for Win 10.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

What classes are you all playing and what server? 

I am playing a Stormguard on Requeim.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I played it about 2 hours got  really bored,then tried it again day 2 and logout after 15 minutes,now i am not interested in it at all..It is the same thing as every other Asian f2p game,so why bother?

If i were to get into a Themepark for the long haul it would easily be EQ2.IMO you won't find another EQ2 ever,all games now are cheaper with less depth.Even Wow is not as good as EQ2 and they are charging to play Wow.There will be an EOS pop up every month now,that has been how flooded the market is with these f2p games.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680

Well said man

But you won't find many on this site that agree with you. These people hate Eastern mmo's. But i love the game also. And think it will do very well. The East is the only ones making Traditional mmo's for PC now. And i was worried about the cash shop too. Nothing p2w as you have said. Great game and packed at the moment as all open beta's are. But even in crowded areas i have zero lag. And teaming up for a team dungeon is a blast. Even the solo dungeons are fun. Love how the loot and quest rewards work in this game to. Its been awhile when i play something and lose track of time. 

• HowbadisbadHowbadisbad Member UncommonPosts: 453

-Animation locked combat
    -Imbalanced classes in PVP (Animation lock on melee skills is part of it)

I saw some people praising the PVP so I decided to give it a go. I tried 3 classes Poison Rogue, Duelist Rogue, and DPS archer. Out of all three the archer was vastly superior, I found that running backwards was enough to nullify the melee damage from all melee classes except for the spear user since she has knockdowns and CC for days. My damage output was also just as good, if not better than the rogues I tried (significantly better than the poison rogue jesus christ he sucked).

Overall would not recommend this game to anyone who is looking for good PVP, melee classes are significantly disadvantaged here.

Waiting for:
    The Repopulation
    Albion Online

Originally posted by Hariken

Well said man

But you won't find many on this site that agree with you. These people hate Eastern mmo's. But i love the game also. And think it will do very well. The East is the only ones making Traditional mmo's for PC now. And i was worried about the cash shop too. Nothing p2w as you have said. Great game and packed at the moment as all open beta's are. But even in crowded areas i have zero lag. And teaming up for a team dungeon is a blast. Even the solo dungeons are fun. Love how the loot and quest rewards work in this game to. Its been awhile when i play something and lose track of time. 

Well said my friend. Let the haters keep hating while talking about how the genre is doomed.

Its our time now.image

• GeneralSkykillerGeneralSkykiller Member UncommonPosts: 8

What classes are you all playing and what server? 

I am playing a Stormguard on Requeim.

i'm playing on salphera (or however its spelled) and playing as a rogue assassin, having fun time pvping with it.