Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOL WTG Security

Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/48gb-of-star-citizen-assets-have-leaked/

LOL WTG , how to endure yourself to your bosses

But on a more serious note, does this highlight a possible security issue, if they can oopsy this much on their own stuff/secrets then does this open the possibilty for some serious flaws in further , deeper issues.

Now im not for one suggesting that they would make such a mistake with secure areas, but has this type of thing happened before, i personally can't think or dont know of one, yes games have been released prior to the official date, but, un shown assets etc..

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

Comments

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502

Not the first time with these guys.  Not so long ago it was username+password in a file that allowed someone to log in and grab a load of stuff.

I can't figure how any of this was allowed to be publicly accessible when a simple firewall only allowing the various studios block ranges would have sufficed in this instance, they don't even need VPNs or ACLs, just a simple bit of care and thought.  Either the IT guys are shite or they're not being given the time of day.

Imagine if the CryEngine source code was in this data dump, everyone's money would be paying damages to Crytek and herald the end of Star Citizen.

Such amateur mistakes tbh.

Originally posted by DMKano

Another curious thing about Star Citizen - Cloud Imperium have multiple 10Gb links going to their *office* (yes I am serious). Do you know how fast you can exfiltrate data at 10Gb+ ?

It's crazy what companies will do when having so much money....

Insane. I bet the IT guys got all excited and aggregated the links as well :)

• MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Originally posted by rpmcmurphy
    Originally posted by DMKano

Another curious thing about Star Citizen - Cloud Imperium have multiple 10Gb links going to their *office* (yes I am serious). Do you know how fast you can exfiltrate data at 10Gb+ ?

It's crazy what companies will do when having so much money....

Insane. I bet the IT guys got all excited and aggregated the links as well :)

I wonder how many Pirate FTP/FXP sites the Admin is running on those lines. Need to see if i can contact him and get an account. Eriflleh would be proud, if you know what i mean.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton
    Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

It seems the Star Map data with all the plotted jump points was in the dump as well. https://plot.ly/~Beer4TheBeerGod/28/sc-map-and-system-phases/

Until now it's just been showcasing WIP, which is great but this Star Map data means time may have to be spent on replotting it all, providing it was the final design ofc.