Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AA server merges incomming

1235»

Comments

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    edited September 2015
    jpaprocki said:
    I don't think this game came out that long ago did it?  There is a server merge already?  I thought this game sounded interesting when I first heard about it until I found out that Trion was involved, then lost interest.
    No, it didn't.

But it never really caught on with the Western audience, because of the blatant cash shop funneling mechanics that turn many people off, especially if they are paying the sub equivalent. Labor point system and the RNG crafting turned a LOT of people off, especially in the NA/EU market. It might fly in Korea, but not in the West. (This was a change that happened in one of the beta patches, and it did more than anything else to kill the game in the West.)

Second to that, was the shit job Trion did with dealing with hackers, but especially bad were those that bought up all the building plots to sell them on 3rd party sites. When "honest" players paying a sub can't get land, and thus couldn't do a LOT of the content they are "paying for", they are going to quit. (And LOL at the penalties that Trion handed out to the people they even bothered to "catch" doing that stuff - 1-3 day bans in most cases, and that's it). And NA/EU players did, in droves, when it became apparent that things were not going to change in AA.

Too bad really, in many ways it was a good game, but the business model and terrible game management doomed this title. And now Trion has moved on to Trove and that other game they are selling $150 beta access to (suckers), so AA is even more "done".

Edit: typos
  • farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    edited September 2015
    jpaprocki said:
    I don't think this game came out that long ago did it?  There is a server merge already?  I thought this game sounded interesting when I first heard about it until I found out that Trion was involved, then lost interest.

It launched. Atrracted some self proclaimed "gamers" of todays playerbase which was crying about server queues instead to accept that games cost money and better should subscribe to get Patron queue.

They gave in to those "gamers" that would anyway run after the next shiney new object and opened up 2 new servers for each region.

1 year later we got rid of those game hopers  and  the 2 servers per region can be spared.

Now we can continue with packed  17  servers  on the west and i think with a multiplied amount of that number for all the 4 regions worldwide.

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

Madimorga said:
    I just read on the main forum that everyone being merged will end up in the starting zones, too, instead of wherever they logged out last.

I bet the hackers won't have that problem, though.

For everyone else, there's Mastercard. Just swipe your CC, buy gold, and use that buy land from the hackers.  For many of you that will be familiar from the first time you bought land...the land you don't have anymore because of the mergers.

I'm glad I never spent money on Archeage, and I will never spend money on anything Trion or XL has a hand in going forward. 

I've gotten land 3 times now. I've quit once and went f2p for awhile another time. Found my land about 5 days or so after launch the first time. Bought my land for modest fee, not cheap, not expensive the second time. Found my land the third time again. Don't have this problem that apparently everyone else has. Before a couple of days ago, I have only paid for Patron for about 4 months on my dime.  This was all on a medium pop server though.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    jpaprocki said:
    Just an awful game.....Was such a disappointment because so many here were hyping it to be the next great game and it didnt even come close.....AA is exactly the kind of game we are all tired of.
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    jpaprocki said:
    Just an awful game.....Was such a disappointment because so many here were hyping it to be the next great game and it didnt even come close.....AA is exactly the kind of game we are all tired of.
    I must say Archeage is entertaining for all the wrong reasons. The drama and continuous train wreck which sadly is Trion just never seems to end. When I tested this game for Trion I was thinking to myself this could be a good solid game. The base game from XL was very fun in pre alpha and alpha stages. Even early beta was very fun and I enjoyed it. Sadly we know the rest of the story...

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352
    jpaprocki said:
    How can we all be tired of a game that has no equal? Funny because aside from BD, I see no other MMO that even comes close to what AA offers feature wise.

Been playing AA since 2013 as well and there has been no other MMO since DaOC that has even come close to holding my attention as long as AA has. The real difference I think between me and the haters is that I make realistic goals and have the patients to achieve them and I could give a crap about what my neighbor has and how they got it.

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    Is everything in the western version the same as KR in the same patch? No? Looks like tyrone has some influence after all. 

Did trion still go ahead with certain patches and cash shop items knowing there were problems like opening a container into a nearly full inventory and getting more out of it then you were supposed to? Yes? Fuck off with trion has no power here. You trying to say they can't hold off a patch until something that has existed over in KR for years and is known to have problems gets fucking fixed?
  • Starbuck1771Starbuck1771 Member UncommonPosts: 375
    nolf said:

Really interested to see how a server merge will work in regards to the player owned land.

*gets popcorn and awaits another AA shitshow*

You lose all of your land the do the merges and there will be another forced land grab so good luck.