Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you still going to play Blade & Soul?

lwgt12lwgt12 Member Posts: 30
So finally B&S will release this winter. It looks like a dead game suddenly comes back to life. If I remember correctly the game is announced in like 2008 and it keeps NA players waiting for 7 years. I am curious of how many people are still going to play this game.

Comments

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

One of my friends is incredibly excited to get his hands on blade & soul, so I'll probably join in and play together.

i'm pretty curious about how combat will feel, can't really tell from videos.

I just hope it wont lock me in place like Tera did, starting my archer there in beta and being locked into place right away was pretty much an instant quit for me.

• tav396tav396 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    yeah i will be playing this i waited so long 
  • DraGzielDraGziel Member UncommonPosts: 67
    I am playing the Russian version with my brother and it is very fun. Graphics are good, combat is fluid - action, and storyline compelling. For me it's enough.
  • CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Been waiting for B&S since I heard about it. I'll be playing this when it gets released. The success it had in KR and other countries only reinforces this.
  • lwgt12lwgt12 Member Posts: 30
    I played the Chinese version for a month. It's aesthetically beautiful. I quit because it's essentially a grinding and its dungeons lack variation. There's no PvE raid for a large group of players to play together  (the Korean version just added 24-man raid but I guess it will not be in the NA launch version).
  • chelvaricchelvaric Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by lwgt12
    I played the Chinese version for a month. It's aesthetically beautiful. I quit because it's essentially a grinding and its dungeons lack variation. There's no PvE raid for a large group of players to play together  (the Korean version just added 24-man raid but I guess it will not be in the NA launch version).

the game will be less grindy in western release as thats what theyre trying to aim for as they know the chinese grind will turn away players in the western market

• scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030

Its a double edged sword to me.

I want to play it but i dont want the tactics ncsoft used to be seen as successful so others copy it either.

• RedAlert539RedAlert539 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    I wasn't waiting for that game eagearly but after i played for a few days the chinese version i saw a a few things that grabbed my interest. It's beautiful, combat is fluid, open pvp is optional, costumes are seperated from gear and...y'know chinese martial arts. The last 3 are big pros for me so i'll sure give it a try when it comes to west.
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983

I remember checking B&S out so very long ago and putting it on the todo list.  But that was back when I was less cynic. 

WILL TICKET RESPONSE BE GOOD?

I've been treated badly by every mmorpg I've ever touched.  ArenaNet GW2 has been taking good care of this customer.  I don't want to return to an mmo that doesn't answer my emails or forum posts with positive results.  I know it's NCSOFT but even other games they own don't live up.  It's not like GW2 doesn't have problems but they fix what they can when I engage support tickets!  I was really getting tired of playing games where what I thought didn't matter.

WILL IT BE BOX TO PAY?

B2P is def the most relaxing payment plan ever.  I can crap out $60 on a rare occasion but monthly commitment is a NO.  I'm lucky if I can come up with enough for the internet bill and it sometimes means no eating for me. 

High cash shop prices are offensive.  What idiot sets the prices in cash shops?  It's f*ing cyber pixels you are selling for gods sake!  It's not like you had to hire men to box heavy items and ship them overseas!  Good God you could charge 2 cents for everything in a cash shop and profit more for fact that everyone is buying it.  High pricing does not equal profit idiots idiots idiots. 

F2P is a joke and a lie and at best miss named - someone somewhere is going to pay.  F2P restrictions are more offensive than a telemarketer.

WILL IT RESPECT THE PVE ONLY COMMUNITY?

So many beautiful mmo's I've had to walk away from because they can't respect that I don't want ganked.

ETCETERA

Will it have variety in gameplay, clothing, rp'ing, char creation, housing, raids, fun content, etc etc etc etc?

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    I will if the game does not have FFA PvP.
    Chamber of Chains
  • MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

1. I love Wuxia!

2. It still looks good compared to most games on the market even at this time

3. I love Wuxia

4. I liked the anime

Yes, there first day. I am taking the game as is a beautiful popcorn beat em up mmo no different than Vindictus which I also found fun as a second mmo.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    I just read that PvP is only enabled if you wear a PvP dobok so it is basically flagging plus you can choose to rez without the dobok to prevent spawn camping. Now this game sounds fabulous. Am in then since I love the art style.
    Chamber of Chains
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    I want to play it. I enjoyed the RU version but stopped playing it because i will never support the RU version monetarily so i dont feel like playing that version anymore. I rather just wait for the NA version and support that one. Also i love the combat so i will be playing it with Xpadder. It is perfect for a gamepad.

• Zarkin86Zarkin86 Member UncommonPosts: 122
    i cant wait for it. is it a shitty themepark? yes. but i hope to find something more about it. i like grind too so yeah
  • spacebotspacebot Member UncommonPosts: 148

Having tried it on in other countries oh yes. I like it's combat. Better than tera's and the world feels less stupid and dead than tera's. It's a martial arts eastern style action mmo with a few twists I like. That and the landscapes are pretty. 

I have to agree it is very good game for a gamepad moreso for some of the classes than others.

• Zarkin86Zarkin86 Member UncommonPosts: 122
    Originally posted by spacebot

Having tried it on in other countries oh yes. I like it's combat. Better than tera's and the world feels less stupid and dead than tera's. It's a martial arts eastern style action mmo with a few twists I like. That and the landscapes are pretty. 

I have to agree it is very good game for a gamepad moreso for some of the classes than others.

pls explain. can you play it on a ps4 controller? also which classes are better for controller? 

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Zarkin86
    Originally posted by spacebot

pls explain. can you play it on a ps4 controller? also which classes are better for controller? 

i dont know if it will have native controller support but if not you can always use Xpadder. For the PS4 controller you can use DS4 Tool. I use it all the time on PC.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Assuming FFXIV doesn't keep me too busy post expansion, definitely.
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,360
    You bet I'll try it out. Waited long enough.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by cheyane
    I just read that PvP is only enabled if you wear a PvP dobok so it is basically flagging plus you can choose to rez without the dobok to prevent spawn camping. Now this game sounds fabulous. Am in then since I love the art style.

Thanks, you just answered something I'd been wondering about as well.

I figured it wouldn't be a full PvP gankfest since I've seen people commenting on the story, and calling it a themepark, but I didn't have confirmation until now. image

More on topic: I might play it. The chances of me playing it now are better than when the game was originally meant to launch and I was furious with NCSoft over what they did with CoH.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Yes, the amount of time that has gone by since announcement means nothing to me.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by Jemcrystal

I remember checking B&S out so very long ago and putting it on the todo list.  But that was back when I was less cynic. 

WILL IT BE BOX TO PAY?

B2P is def the most relaxing payment plan ever.  I can crap out $60 on a rare occasion but monthly commitment is a NO.  I'm lucky if I can come up with enough for the internet bill and it sometimes means no eating for me. 

High cash shop prices are offensive.  What idiot sets the prices in cash shops?  It's f*ing cyber pixels you are selling for gods sake!  It's not like you had to hire men to box heavy items and ship them overseas!  Good God you could charge 2 cents for everything in a cash shop and profit more for fact that everyone is buying it.  High pricing does not equal profit idiots idiots idiots. 

F2P is a joke and a lie and at best miss named - someone somewhere is going to pay.  F2P restrictions are more offensive than a telemarketer.

WILL IT RESPECT THE PVE ONLY COMMUNITY?

So many beautiful mmo's I've had to walk away from because they can't respect that I don't want ganked.

ETCETERA

Will it have variety in gameplay, clothing, rp'ing, char creation, housing, raids, fun content, etc etc etc etc?

Game is F2P in NA/EU, can't talk about the cash shop price yet, but people who played the Russian/Chinese version might have an idea of what there is in it.

PvP is 100% consensual.

As for the ETCETERA, I have no idea, I'm trying to find a list of features in the game without much success outside of race/classes.

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Originally posted by Albatroes
    Assuming FFXIV doesn't keep me too busy post expansion, definitely.

Heh, similarly here. Been interested in, though not heavily following, B&S for a few years now.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Why not, I'm very keenly interested in Wuxia games and while this is not on my most anticipated list, it might surprise me.

It's not like I currently have any other games that I have committed to. I'm not even sure that Moonlight Blade online, which I'm most interested in currently, will ever release in the West.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

Is the game heavily instanced or is the world seamless.