Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wtf is going on with mmorpg gamers...

123457»

Comments

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Originally posted by JDis25
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by Maquiame
    Originally posted by crimzonxskyz

Sadly... I'm playing on the PvP server alone in all my glorious acts to go unnoticed by the likes of you all squandering to find your lovely perfect mmorpg ...

All in all... I find it funny that ncsoft is pushing BnS after so many years of being left in the dark about the project... I think they would be better off polishing up Wildstar and trying to optimize certain settings for those of you who's rigs are not fully capable of playing with the settings you currently have been trying to run the game at...

I'm in full support of WS...

dying player base or not.. I'll be in wildstar on the pvp server Warface Howlskar - COME GANK ME I DARE YA ... no really though do it lollllllllllll .. im ... on deradune :o lol

ciao mates

_______________________________________________________________________________

NUT SHOT  to the Haters!

I'm glad you enjoy it,  but I'm TEN times more interested in Blade and Soul because its something new unlike Sci fi flavored WoW/WS

And to quote the immortal Chris Rock:

"New p*ssy is better than old p*ssy"

I'm not sure Blade and Soul will be "new", it's been done before on so many levels.  To me it's another asian WoW clone and everyone wants to play it because they can't have it. If it's as good as FFXIV:ARR I will give it a try though! :)

I would say it's at least equal to FFXIV. Dungeons in blade and soul are insanely fun.

That Screenshot is from the ffxiv I wanted to play.  ARR killed it all for me (yes, I know im one of the crazies)

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    Originally posted by jeradl
    Originally posted by crimzonxskyz

Wildstar with all of its little flaws is such a great game.. and the only potential it is lacking is the support of a fan base that would throttle this game into some really great online experiences for people...

I see a quality game thats way ahead of its time as far as progression mmorpg experiences go... this game has so much potential and the only thing holding it back is a loyal fan base of players...

People are so easily deterred by the negative opinions of others they often miss out on great opportunities that are right in their face.

This game blows WoWs D$%# out of the %@^!ing Water people... wtf is WRONG WITH YOU GOSH ( Face palm ) lol .. Ive played wow since vanilla and I just cant understand how people are still sold on that mindless grind for expired glory... - meaning everytime you think you've attained something or achieved something great something even GREATER comes out and yet again you are left doing the SAME repetitive bee worker job.

Rant over

PS - NCSOFT : Dont give up on this game yet...

It's funny cause the problem you complain about is yourself but you don't realize it. You started mmorgs with WoW. The entire WoW mmorg generation is the problem and companies continuing to try to cater to them is a problem. Your entire idea of what a good game is is based off that one piece of junk. Yet you are just now beginning to grow beyond it and want better. Wildstar is nothing but a sci fi WoW. Big crap cartoon graphics, handheld questing, big shiny lights pointing the way, and grind for faction/gear/etc.. The people playing WoW don't want to play anything else (mostly) and the one's not playing it don't want anything like it. Double fail for WoWstar. Noone outside of WoW wants that big cartoony childish gameplay and yet due to their financial success catering to kids most other mmorg dev teams continue to try to recreate it with a twist that ends up being the same polished turd that neither crowd of mmorg players wants. Had you actually started playing mmorgs when they were good back with Everquest and Dark Ages of Camelot you would then understand what good graphics, questing, and gameplay are and why WoW and any potential clones fail so hard. Until they give us what we want instead of trying to clone that junk they will continue to fail. There is hope in the future though with Camelot Unchained. The best idea I can give you now of what it was like to play the old mmorgs is to go play the single player game Witcher 3 now with it's unrestrained open world questing and the immersion it gives you in the world. Given the graphics are far better than what we had back then but the feel it gives you of exploration/immersion is the same. That is what needs to come back to mmorgs. Good graphics along with good explorative immersive nonlinear gameplay that doesn't look like it came out of a cartoon.

without wow and the "wow generation" this site wouldnt exist

this market wouldnt exist either

EQ and DAOC didnt close business..you Guys left them, just like us filthy casuals leave wow, from time to time

the big difference is: wow has the quality to pull players BACK from other games..

pizza and beer Sells better, than wine and cheese..deal with it

• moonboundmoonbound Member UncommonPosts: 396
    To be fair eq and doac stayed because of many players where still hooked and still are to this day which saids something.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Originally posted by moonbound
    To be fair eq and doac stayed because of many players where still hooked and still are to this day which saids something.

and far more people left EQ than stayed because they weren't true to the original game premise.  Its funny how Smedley likes to talk about Eve, yet every IP they own was drastically changed in favor of attracting more players rather than being content with the solid playerbases that they had.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

I started playing again two days ago and for a reason the game just doesn't click to me (yet).

I really like so many things about it, but i just can't get hooked to it. Everything seems a bit too foreign and strange to me, from lore to character stats (moxy etc.) and i just can't care enough to dig myself into it. Other games i logged into caught me right away with their feeling, immersion and overall drift. Perhaps it's that Wildstar doesn't take itself serious enough and with every popup or voiceover it constantly reminds you "hey, it's all just a joke".

I still think that there is a fantastic game hidden underneath all that, but i may have reached a point where i'm just grown out of mmorpgs in their current form. Give me a dark and gritty open world, harsh conditions and daily struggle for survival that makes you fear for your virtual life instead of a kinky flashy quirky crazy rollercoaster-planet on steroids and a pink skateboard.

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134
    Originally posted by Volgore

I started playing again two days ago and for a reason the game just doesn't click to me (yet).

I really like so many things about it, but i just can't get hooked to it. Everything seems a bit too foreign and strange to me, from lore to character stats (moxy etc.) and i just can't care enough to dig myself into it. Other games i logged into caught me right away with their feeling, immersion and overall drift. Perhaps it's that Wildstar doesn't take itself serious enough and with every popup or voiceover it constantly reminds you "hey, it's all just a joke".

I still think that there is a fantastic game hidden underneath all that, but i may have reached a point where i'm just grown out of mmorpgs in their current form. Give me a dark and gritty open world, harsh conditions and daily struggle for survival that makes you fear for your virtual life instead of a kinky flashy quirky crazy rollercoaster-planet on steroids and a pink skateboard.

that dark and gritty World is right on the other side of your door

it has OWPVP, permadeath and doesnt even require a sub

its a scary place..check it out, if you dare

• umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519
    Originally posted by Kaladin
    Originally posted by carotid
    Because Wildstar  +  WoW = Same  s h i t  different day.

In what way is Wilstar like WoW?

I will give you my complete list to get you started:

1. Cartoonish Art Style
    2. MMORPG

I got a free trial of this game back in Beta and couldn't get past level 8 - I felt I was playing the same game as WoW. 

In my honest opinion, take WoW, replace swords with laser pistols, add a gimmicky combat system, sprinkle in a handful of token, skin-deep innovations specifically created solely so they could be put on a list on how this game is so different from WoW (like player housing and completely oddball secondary professions)... and you have Wildstar.