Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Return to WoW for a Non-Raider

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531

I'm getting the itch to make my annual (approximately) return to WoW.  I don't raid any longer.  What's there to do for a non-raider once you get to max level?  Has the garrison replaced daily quests?  Can you get epic gear through garrison missions?  Yes, I want purples just to have them.  :)

Thanks for any info!

Comments

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    OK, thank you.  But can you get as a full set of level 100 epics from the garrison?  Or any other way besides raiding?
    What do you get from garrisons?  Are they just a place to hang out and waste time?
  • BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Originally posted by MightyUnclean
    What do you get from garrisons?  Are they just a place to hang out and waste time?

Think a combination of dailies and town centers from a RTS game.  WOW has selfies as well now so you can do selfies from your garrison too.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• 0vergil00vergil0 Member UncommonPosts: 27

seriously if you don't raid  don't come back  this expac is prety much raid or gtfo    sure you can end up with some epix piece with your garrison but it's more the place you either half afk in doing nothing  the other half you collect your daily stuff and send follower on mission  wich is far from a fun thing.

sure there PvP if it's your kind of stuff but it's not really like before  but the gear is easy to get  they made it so it's more "skill" vs   then Who have the better gear win ( talking in general ).

there LFR for free Raid gear too that you don't need guild or group or even knowledge of your class to even suceed it and get some gear.

so it's split btw so what you can do right now is prety limited  its Raid   pvp  Garrison and outside of that it's prety much on you to find somthing to keep you busy  like farming old raid or achievement hunting etc..

(sry for my terrible english )

OK, thanks for the info.  I guess WoW just doesn't see much value in the non-raider/non-PvP market.  Maybe they're catering to that group less than they ever did?  There aren't even any daily quests for gear and rep?  Also, is it correct that you no longer even get inferior tier gear from LFR?
  • SmashixSmashix Member UncommonPosts: 91
    OK, thanks for the info.  I guess WoW just doesn't see much value in the non-raider/non-PvP market.  Maybe they're catering to that group less than they ever did?  There aren't even any daily quests for gear and rep?  Also, is it correct that you no longer even get inferior tier gear from LFR?

It sure seems like it. WoW has been heading that way for a while. WoD is the first expansion I haven't bought.

It's sad because it seems like it wouldn't take much effort to throw the rest of us a bone once in a while instead of just focusing on raiding.

Originally posted by Smashix

It sure seems like it. WoW has been heading that way for a while. WoD is the first expansion I haven't bought.

It's sad because it seems like it wouldn't take much effort to throw the rest of us a bone once in a while instead of just focusing on raiding.

Well, to be fair, they do have a tiny budget and development staff.  That's what you get with an indie game like this!

• reemireemi Member UncommonPosts: 45

I dont raid too and I play everyday and have fun everyday. 

You can do small dungeons, heroics, pro. grounds. But you can run few LFR, it take like 10-20 minutes usually, sometime you enter the raid and just kill the last boss. 

There's quests, achievements, garisson is fun for casual playing too, farming golds with AH/quests,Pet battle if you like that, PvP.  or whatever you want. 

If you don't raid, why do you need the best raiding gear? Anyway it's a waste of time if you don't use it because next expansion it will be out of date anyway... If you just want to transmog, do in old raids and solo. 

And, nobody will inspect you anyway, this is over. 

There's a lot of thing to do even if you don't raid. 

And of course, you can do that with many characters. 

If you are just looking for reason to not play, then don't play. But you don't need to raid to enjoy this game.

And, even if you play only 3-4 months for 50$, that's more than playing 10-20-30 hours with a new 70$ solo game. 

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012

Dont waste your time.  WOW has gone to if you dont raid dont play.  Even my friends who keep playing hoping for it to go back to TBC where at least with Heroic instances there was good gear progression but that will never happen again.  They got this thing called LFR and want everyone to raid vs people who want to raid and people who dont want to raid do something else.

If you dont want to raid but still want to progress your gear, FFXIV is a better choice.  You do not need to do the 8 man Coil or Primal raids, or the 24 man raids to get better gear.  You just will not get the best gear but hey you get to progress through sets of instances.  You also have housing and crafting gear you can progress.  

• LudwikLudwik Member UncommonPosts: 407
    I'll agree with the notion that modern WoW is pretty much 'raid or gtfo'. Single player and small group content (2-3 players) is at an all time low.
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Originally posted by Ludwik
    I'll agree with the notion that modern WoW is pretty much 'raid or gtfo'. Single player and small group content (2-3 players) is at an all time low.

Yea it is.  Right now in FFXIV you can progress via 4 man groups as long as you are happy not getting the raid gear.  Now the Only "RAID" instances you need to do is the 8 man storyline instances which ware not really raids.  FFXIV looks as Raids as Coil, the hard and ex Primals and the 24 man raids.

WOW is too much Raid or GTFO now because of LFR.  TBC had a very good setup of progression if you didnt raid.  You didnt have the best gear but people were fine with that other than the group that felt they pay $15 a month to have things handed to them.