Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mac os version coming with expansion

FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

I have no idea what the Mac mmo demographic is like. Think it will bring in a significant amount of new subs? Just curious.

Comments

• seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714
    I've been a mac user since '06 and have also been doing all my PC gaming via Bootcamp on my macs since then, so I pay a lot of attention to this. While I don't think it will bring that many subs since mac users who game are typically familiar with and probably using bootcamp, which works wonderfully as it runs Windows natively on your mac, but people will certainly be happy about it. I'm definitely looking forward to it. The mac market is HUGE now and while macs are pricey for the components, they are definitely more than powerful enough to run games well. 

Originally posted by Scagweed22
    is it the graphics? the repetativenesses? i mean what is the point? you could be so much more productive in real life
    Real life brings repetition and pointlessness too. The only thing real life offers is Great graphics. Its kinda expensive too and way to dependent on the cash shop. Totally pay to win as well. No thank you. Ill stick to my games.

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    I doubt it will have a big effect on subs but it will probably make the Mac users happy they don't have to reboot to play.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041

The only reason I truly kept my pc around was for this game. With the news that the expansion would also bring Mac support I finally caved in and bought a 15inch macbook pro retina, the i7 one with 16gb of ram and a geforce GT750 with 2gb onboard.

With this game, SotA and LotRO installed I am good to go for the next 5 years of MMORPG gaming. Also, Crowfall, if it turns out to be awesome. It is a good time to be a Mac owner in all honesty, I was pleasantly surprised by the available software.

/Cheers,

Lahnmir

'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer