Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW 2?

ReallyNow10ReallyNow10 Member UncommonPosts: 2,225

I don't know, I just have a vibe this could be in the works.  No leaks, no other basis than this could be in the works.

You know it'd be a hit.

Comments?

Comments

• ClaiesClaies Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Who do you think is the developer? Blizzard has stated many times that this isn't something they are devoting any resources toward...
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,021
    Originally posted by ReallyNow10

I don't know, I just have a vibe this could be in the works.  No leaks, no other basis than this could be in the works.

You know it'd be a hit.

Comments?

I think Titan was cancelled because it probably didn't bring in anything new that they couldn't just patch into WoW.  Also, a new IP is not Blizzard's strength.  Like Nintendo, they just reuse all the same IPs over and over again.  Don't get me wrong, they do a good job.

I think that they cancelled Titan and are now in talks for WoW 2.  But, I also think they are waiting for the next tier of mmos coming out (mainly EQN).  From that point, they will be able to do what blizzard does best and take their ideas and make them better in their own game.  Then I believe you'll see WoW 2.

• demadildemadil Member UncommonPosts: 88
    What is wow?
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 2,997

Card games, shooters and moba is the future of large developers.

The mmo is dead to Blizzard ... so much dead that they have been trying to convert it to a lobby and competitive gaming platform for years now. Blizzard makes games for money now. They are not a hobby company.

If a company makes a killing on a single player game ... Blizzard will make a single player game.

If a company makes a killing on a mushroom growing simulator ... Blizzard will make a mushroom similar.

Some body has to come along and prove a format for an mmo can grow and profit on a level to grab Blizzards attention. Western markets have not successfully adopted a payment model that can be abused like in Eastern markets so if Wow cannot be exploited on such levels Blizzard will turn it's focus on easy to develop games that make multiple times more money a card game.

You stay sassy!

• scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030

You know it'd be a hit.

Comments?

Why would they release a game that directly competes with a game that makes them vast amounts of money, that makes no sense at all.  Especially since WoW 2 would never be able to live upto the incredible expectations people would have of it, it would be the most stupid thing they could ever possibly do.

Blizzard have no reason to make another mmo, for like 20 years or so, they will just keep updating wow.  They will just release other types of games, which is what they are doing.

Aside from everything else, there is really nothing a new wow would be able to do that they can't do with wow now.  High end graphics?  That's been shown to be a negative and will not allow mass market appeal, most players don't have high end computers.

• booniedog96booniedog96 Member UncommonPosts: 289
    I hope not. Such an event would cause a cataclysmic chain reaction in space-time and make the universe as we know it implode upon itself when asked the question - "is it the WoW killer?" Satan himself would buckle with fear from the wrath that is to come. Jeofrey Barathean would rise from the dead only to be struck down again. Forty-two would cease to exist! Hellfire, brimstone, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, Jello pudding pops, and Martha Stewart's bewbs!!! 
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,481

WoW Pop <2 million = serious attempt at Blizzard of having a new MMO.

Until that happens nope.

• ReallyNow10ReallyNow10 Member UncommonPosts: 2,225
    Originally posted by scorpex-x

You know it'd be a hit.

Comments?

Why would they release a game that directly competes with a game that makes them vast amounts of money, that makes no sense at all.  Especially since WoW 2 would never be able to live upto the incredible expectations people would have of it, it would be the most stupid thing they could ever possibly do.

Blizzard have no reason to make another mmo, for like 20 years or so, they will just keep updating wow.  They will just release other types of games, which is what they are doing.

Aside from everything else, there is really nothing a new wow would be able to do that they can't do with wow now.  High end graphics?  That's been shown to be a negative and will not allow mass market appeal, most players don't have high end computers.

I think all MMO's run their course, and that the best way to retain their present subscribers might be to offer them a newer version of what they love. 

But right now, there are too many level 100's, the ol' magic is gone.  I newly imagined Azeroth, perhaps set in a different age or time period, and everyone starting fresh again, just might be the ticket.  Plus, they could wind down WOW as players make the leap to WOW2.  You don't lose a customer just because the leave the "bread aisle" and walk over to the "frozen section".  Right?

• GeneauxGeneaux Member UncommonPosts: 8
    edited January 2016
    Much like EVE, I don't see WoW going anywhere any time soon. If anything they'll just improve the games they have now, much like CCP.
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,892
    Just make World of StarCraft Blizzard and I will be happy

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,567
    In a word, No. Why do you think Titan was pulled? Blizz knew beyond doubt that they'd get nowhere near the subs/accounts that WoW has currently, never mind at it's peak. Anything less would be seen as a flop.

Can you imagine WoW2 comes out and barely gets 2-3 million players? They can't afford to look that stupid. Even worse, what if most of them were current WoW players and they stopped subbing to WoW? I don't think Blizz are stupid enough to fuck with their golden goose.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member RarePosts: 4,303
    No way.  Every major decision they've made the past few years has been to focus on smaller games with massive profit marginsl.  MMO's don't fit that criteria anymore.
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,892
    I think it can be done. I mean 2 or 3 million players is still a lot for a sub game. EQ and EQ2 did it. EQ2 they may not have WOW numbers but they are respectable and are still releasing Xpacs and content. FF did it. I think two can coexist. It just can not be the same thing as the other game. It needs to be different enough to maybe reach for a different kind of player? I don't know. Make WOW2 more hardcore and leave the more casual affair to its older brother. I honestly do not think it will ever get made but I do think it would work if they did it. I know I would try it.  

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,567
    edited January 2016
    Originally posted by scorpex-x

Plus, they could wind down WOW as players make the leap to WOW2.  You don't lose a customer just because the leave the "bread aisle" and walk over to the "frozen section".  Right?

There's no guarentee that those customers would change aisle, they might change store in which case you've driven away a loyal customer base for nothing.

EA made exactly that mistake when they shut down Earth & Beyond. They expected all those players to join The Simms Online and they got a very rude wake up call.

It didn't work particularly well with EQ and EQ2 either. EQ2 got it's share of players but there was just as many stayed with EQ.

And why on earth would any sane person/company shut down a game that was generating close to a billion dollars a year in revenue, with an 80% profit margin? Madness. WoW won't hit Sunset until it's no longer worth the effort to keep it open. And in the mean time I can't see them risking diluting that playerbase with a 2nd MMO. It's just more development cost being covered by the same players.
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,295

I think blizzard is already running off the idea from landmark and EQN.

player generated content through building tools is the next mmo that they will release. Keeps the people busy and keeps the game development going.

I have no doubt bluzz is working on something like EQN eight now. I think they will release it before EQN too.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,129
    edited January 2016
    When WoW dies, it will mark the end of subscription mmos with millions of players. Not even Blizz themselves will accomplish that again with a WoW 2. Their best bet is to keep focusing on WoW 1 until it dies.

On a personal note, If Warcraft cease to exist in the form of any AAA game (single player or mmo), Blizz cease to exist for me. From them I only care about the warcraft lore. I dont like point and click so i dont care about HOTS. I dont like card games so i dont care about HS, Im not a big fan of arena and first person so overwatch will be a short term game for me.

I just hope they make more Warcraft AAA games(even single player) post WoW. Whenever "post-WoW" happens.

• Gabriel-KnightGabriel-Knight Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Tamanous said:

Card games, shooters and moba is the future of large developers.

The mmo is dead to Blizzard ... so much dead that they have been trying to convert it to a lobby and competitive gaming platform for years now. Blizzard makes games for money now. They are not a hobby company.

This, pretty much. They haven't been paying attention to the lore since WotLK, and even then the ending of it was kinda rushed imo. Right now you don't have to be a genius to know that the game barely has any multiplayer elements, you're mostly talking to imaginary people and sending them to imaginary missions.
    I pity the fool that believes Legion is going to be any different from the awfulness that was WoD.
  • MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    Many wish but Blizzard found their niche , gold mine . Probably World of Warcraft will be the only great game the created . 5 more years and Blizzard will be on same lvl with Trion and rest of shit companies .
    That why you must support indie game especially COE . ^^
  • RobokappRobokapp Member RarePosts: 6,122
    demadil said:
    What is wow?
    a really good and popular MMO that everyone in this genre is playing or has played at some point. Basically the best MMO ever. 

Not a big deal I suppose.

• TENTINGTENTING Member UncommonPosts: 262
    Blizzard likely wont make a WoW 2. The way I see it, Blizz finally found their core concept they want to go with. A standard quest experience while people lvl. Geargrind, dungeoning, raiding and the twin is bg, rbgs and arena. 

And I guess it works. There are a lot of players for exactly that kind of setup in an MMORPG.

That said, I have actually begged Blizzard to make a new MMORPG, mostly because if anyone on the market have the money, the staff, the experience, its Blizzard.

Its not going to change anything, whether I begged or not either. Which was done in a moment of frustration and selfpity mostly, but be that as it may, it wont change a thing.

Blizzard has found their target audience, and the audience loves Blizzard and WoW and the same audience loves a lot of the other games Blizz produce also, so they are kinda their own family.

Still if anyone have the money to pull of creating a full VR supportet MMORPG, its Blizzard and it would be very succesfull too.

It just wouldnt be exactly what Im looking for, cause the whole quest, dungeon, raid till you die concept would follow into a new game.

While I on the other hand is waiting for a game that does actually have all those elements, but at the same time alternative gamestyle paths that are just as engaging and deep.

I want more customization and VR and VR touch gear into my MMORPG experience.

For all I care it really dosnt have to be another action MMORPG perse, violence and warthemes are ok, but there really are so many other aspects in the RL to simulate in a virtual world, that an MMORPG could be so much more.

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,052
    Not very likely after the success of Legion.

Even though I don't play WoW, I think it's amazing how the game has been withstanding the test of time. 13 years in and the population is still very healthy. The core concept hasn't changed, yet millions of players keep logging in on a regular basis.

If I were a Blizzard executive, I'd put the majority effort into successful WoW expansions. That has proven quite effective in the past. Given the player numbers, they should be able to do that comfortably for another 10 years at least.

Depending on how well Overwatch does, we might see a brand new IP. They could try to capture the audience that would play WoW 2.0, but who won't ever play WoW. The game to capture that would not directly compete with WoW though, that would risk running WoW into the ground.

Survival games are oversaturated in my opinion. I'd imagine Blizzard will be wary of saturated markets, after Heroes of the Storm. Especially if Overwatch manages to establish itself as a successful E-sport. That would send the message that competing in saturated markets directly fails, but pushing into the pie with a different genre is viable.

Perhaps we might see some sort of an exploration multiplayer adventure game, like Myst? That is my wishful thinking though.
  • sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    There wont be another WoW till after the next batch of MMO that are doing something diferent such as crowfall, Pantheon and camalot and all that.
    Blizzard will see how they go and if they go reasonably well they take alot of those elements, simplyfy and polish them and release the game
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 2,977
    Strong necro.
  • SoulticeSoultice Member UncommonPosts: 112
    I would love to see Blizzard make a three faction StarCraft mmorpg. I am tired of the two faction stuff to be honest.  A good space mmorpg would be fun.  The intrigue and the ability to ally with another faction could be fun.

I always wanted to be a zerG!!!!
  • TENTINGTENTING Member UncommonPosts: 262
    Forgrimm said:
    Strong necro.
    Ops, not noticed that I made a comment in a post from 2015 lol. I just clicked the rumour room and there it was on first page. A subject that is actually of current interest to me. 

I apologize.

The subject is still very relevant though, how do forummers handle that sort of thing? Make a new thread, but same subject? 

Maybe not too good either, I dunno.

Also I cant make threads yet, so ish :p