Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage II Classic

ultimatomultimatom Member UncommonPosts: 46

I don't really know where to post this, so if a mod feels that another place is more appropriate, no worries of course !

So, I almost cried of happiness when I heard that Lineage II is about to launch a Classic Server for those of us old timers who enjoyed this real MMORPG in which what the players do actually matter and change the game world  !

Every MMO nowadays claims to be "different", but Lineage II was really different, as it was a real MMORPG from back in the days, unlike all those over-easy single-player-set-in-a-multiplayer-environnement games that we have today...

Unfortunately, it has evolved over the years to everything I just said above, to appeal to the younger audience, but as more and more people got dissatisfied with it and were tired of playing WoW clones just set in different environements, they have now decided to re-launch the game on a Classic server just like it was before !

Just imagine : 

- 5 different Races and 31 (31 !!) different Classes

- Different starting locations for each Race and different Racial Quests

- No instance whatsoever, only open game world concealing many dangers

- Real levelling where each level is its own achievement and accomplishment

- Open PvP world

- Player-driven economy

- And of course, iconic Clan Wars and Castle Sieges

And it still has awesome graphics (using the Unreal Engine), and the best art direction I've ever seen in any MMO.

So what are you waiting for ?

Just head over here and start playing a real MMORPG for real gamers : http://eu.4game.com/lineage2classic

See you in the world of Aden !!

Comments

• Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791
    You're a bit late to the party http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6639873
  • ultimatomultimatom Member UncommonPosts: 46

Damn  :(

I tried to search for similar threads though before posting, my bad then !

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

I really want this to be awesome, Lineage II still is one my favourite games and the game I have the fondest memories of, despite all the mismanaging and fucks up NC has done over the years. I would love to go back to a place where L2 was when the Open Beta/Launch happened with so much going on and the emphasis on actual player interaction.

But I fear the online gaming landscape has changed too much for that to happen, the political meta will no longer be there at the level it was before, this game is also very much afflicted by having essentially being reverse engineered inside out so hacking/botting will be rampant. I also fear there is very little discovery left in this game now, there is a clear path to dominating this game alongside third party programs that will be achieved very quickly by a very small hardcore minority which the general server population will never be able to compete against.

It is a good dream tho! *sheds tear*

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I will probably make a pk toon to mess around with but that's about it.

• ultimatomultimatom Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by Raven

It is a good dream tho! *sheds tear* 

It is indeed !

Just like you, I don't really know if it will succeed on the long run, but even if I can play it for a couple of months and have fun while it lasts it would be kinda awesome actually  :)

• BK2O1BK2O1 Member UncommonPosts: 91

@ Bill Murphy 

Can we get a spot for this on MMOFTW? 

• StevaneStevane Member UncommonPosts: 35
    This sounds Awesome.I played L2 for many years starting at chronicles 2. But it sounds to good to be true. It says it's a european server so does that mean US players will be able to participate? And will there be a language barrier for US players?
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932

I won't come back for a couple of reasons:

- 1/6 drop rates (I don't mind grinding, but it must have some equilibrium between work and reward, that's one of the reasons L1 is much more successful than L2 - it has a better work - reward relation, it is a much more balanced and competitive MMO than L2 could never be);

-  31 unbalanced and broken classes - quality > quantity - I prefer 6-8 classes like L1 athat offer a better balance than 31 unbalanced classes - L2 is the most unbalanced MMO I've ever played, period(playing MMOs since 1998);

- I don't like GoD either because of the increase of the number of instances + quests while killing the open world drops/grind/pvp not to mention they turned the old content obsolete by making the game to start at lvl 85;

In short I enacted my finale with L2 in 2010, but I still have some weird hope that there will be one update that will fix all the issues of L2, including the points I stated above (to much class unbalances + broken work-reward relation + lack of a competitive environment which is one of the greatest points of L1).

• StevaneStevane Member UncommonPosts: 35
    L2 was a gem back in the day. But it has changed so much due to the frequent updates that it is unrecongnizable. Going back to the glory days would give this classic gem new life. I hope it happens. Sign me up.
  • sniperr1sniperr1 Member UncommonPosts: 4
    pll still play?