Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

X-Wing V Tie Fighter GOG or Steam

MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

I see that both have them on sale.  I read that the GOG version is better. 

Has anyone bought or played either of these recently and how well do they play on 26 bit Windows 7?

Any help/advice would be appreciated. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Comments

• Saur0nSaur0n Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Both are fine and work on windows 7.  
  • PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

Every game I've bought from GOG has been digital rights management free. And every game I've bought on Steam has had DRM (i.e. they are non-transferable). But I suppose with very old games there may be exceptions? However knowing Steam, I kind of doubt it. Also,

GOG - have always seemed like nice folks to me.

Steam - come across as money grubbing hard asses. The latest example being this 'pay for mods' thing (and then giving the authors a paltry 20%, LOL).

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

+1 that. GOG rocks :)

Even if you've infected / steamed your gear already, I'd still say go with the GOG one, DRM-free is just one thing, but there's no mandatory bloatware client either, and you can install it on anywhere.

(and yep, the two customer services are not even on the same page)