It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I looking for decent generic tab-targeted MMO where the world is fun to grind in and has things I can achieve on my own schedule. A plus would be a half hearted population that participates at low levels. New games coming would be nice as well.
In my search I see that don't even make them anymore. Everything today (and coming) is action-based which while fun never holds my attention long term.
Some things I like:
- Grinding for 100s of levels
- Fantasy based (but like real life things like ammo, eating, etc)
- Skill trees - Character bulding (I dont care about best build)
- Running dungeon pugs
- Ability to craft own armor / weapons (better if I can use it)
- diversity in loot (variety of weapons/armor/etc)
- Kill 10 rat questing
- Housing is plus plus
- Pet system
- Mercenary system
- Active Economy where I can grind gold (loot I find I can sell, or I can make and others can buy)
Games I've tried:
- WoW - love/hate relationship. Great world, dungeons, active community but very limited character building and while lore is deep its hard to follow and not impressive when I can.
- FF XIV - Graphics had something about them I just couldnt shake but didnt prevent me from playing. I didnt like the options for Archer and the world didnt feel continuous. I didn't have fun leveling (may try again for a fourth time but suspect the same outcome)
- Perfect World. Liking this game but its just hard to find people to play with to run dungeons. Inventory system is irritating but close to what I am looking for
- AION. Just rubs me the wrong way dont know why. Will try to give a third chance. At least to level 20. My ignorant view is I didnt feel the world was diverse enough (accept I've barely started).
- Eden Eternal. Really fun. Liked the grinding. But world wasn't big enough. No reason to explore.
- Lineage II. *mmmaaaybbee* I mean I like grinding but holy fuck I dont think you can get more generic than that. Though I found the lore and questing interesting enough to continue. Dont feel the world is diverse or open enough. Only got to level 7 I think. Is it all just adventure zones or is there more?
- SWTOR. Good questing. Pretty fun. Dont feel there is a need to leave the path between quest giver and quest objective. Felt "corridor-y" or very narrow. How is the crafting I thought it was hands off and time-based.
- ArcheAge. Oh my fucking god. Quirky asian theme that I slowly got comfortable with and then they launched and Trion acted like they never knew what an MMO was. World open but felt it was barren. Loved the updated grinding concepts (grind more quest objectives to get more reward). Loved growing plants and the fact you had to work to progress. Another one with not enough variety.
- SWGEMU. Liked this one ALOT. On tatooine I could explore freely but there was nothing to see. Very hard to find mobs to grind. Liked the combat with health, endurance and mind but had no fucking clue how to progress. My skills went up I put points in the tree but never figured out the auction house (I had guns that I thought I could equip but I couldnt and didnt know how to fidn out). Yeah, I could read but the amount I needed outweighed the time playing the game. Why they kill this again?
- Everquest. THIS IS WHAT I WANT! Open World. Hundreds of zones. Tons of different weapons. Great old school combat where you had to think about your skills. I have six characters highest one level 88 rogue on Vox. The graphics and outdated system just gets to me after awhile not allowing me to play this long term. Very fustrating. I wish someone would simple copy this game with an updated engine and game mechanics.
- Everquest II. Its great. I would play it if I wasn't scared of the character models. Its like uncanny value and unerves me after 20 or 30 levels. I think I should force myself to play this since it does have evertyhing I want, its just that Ive played through all the starter areas so many times I get bored.
So yeah... Im assed out right?