Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Creation and Management Questions

I am joining the masses at the launch of ESOTU on PS4. I hope to start and run a guild at some point. I am hoping there are some people out there that can help me with a few questions I have about creating and running a guild. I have helped to run a clan on Destiny and,while that experience helps a little bit, I was hoping for a bit more in depth knowledge about guilds in general. I have a few questions that I would appreciate answers to. Also, if you think there is anything else I need to know, or if there are links to articles, forums, etc. that could help me out, please add that in, as well.

1) I was part of a corporation in EVE Online for a while. While I was there, I was introduced to a sort of in game tax system. I am still not entirely sure what the point of this system was and am curious to know more about it. Also, will I need to implement something like this an ESO guild and what would be a good way to structure it? If I could get an example that would be awesome.

2) How can I go about recruiting. While I played Destiny, I was the recruiter for our clan. The was that I was forced to recruit was tedious and mind-numbing. I had to send message after message to individual people. Is there a system in ESO that makes this easier? Can someone refer me to a page that walks through the process of setting this up?

3) I have read a lot about guilds and am curious to know more about how jobs within guilds are issued and how different classes contribute to the guild. For example, how does a blacksmith contribute to the guild using their skills?

4) Do I need to set up a guild website immediately or can I wait to see how recruiting goes?

5) Please give me an example of how your guild is structuredand how much time you spend on maintaining your guild per week.

6) I would appreciate more details on how guild banks work. All the article I have read was a little too vague on the subject.

7) What things, if any, about running a guild will I only be able to learn through experience.

Again, if someone can answer these questions, I would really appreciate it. Also, please don't forget to include anything else you think I might need to know in order to be successful in my venture.