Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Things that annoy you...

KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

Here are some of the things that have really annoy me to even make me reconsider purchase or get myself involved in products.

Buy to play games like Star Craft, Diablo, Guild Wars, but will put some expansion in 1½ to 2 years from launch and basically dividing the player base or forcing it to spend more $ or be left out. Even DC Universe Online with it's DLC's forced a lot of former B2P/P2P players who turned into F2P to quit cuz they had to purchase DLC or stop participating in things like competitive PvP.

Any excessive botting, multiboxing or auto macroing system in place that persist in the game for far too long. There are ways to make the game bot proof or punish players caught cheating. This is crucial to games with persistent worlds, economy or competition involved.

Paying for customer support, but instead of supporting me with issues they suppress the community, limiting it on freedom of speech both ingame/forum or some unrealistic bans like if you tell to someone you'll "kill him" perma ban. Another example, one developer of his game asks the community for feedback, things that he could do/change in his game on forum, but when his community is honest of the things they dislike, he suspends players and delete their posts, which only makes them more aggravated to quit.

Lies, lies lies. If you are going to say, this is the type of game I plan to introduce (most of the time some content dependent theme park) with bi-weekly, monthly content, but instead it ends up receiving no updates in 3-4 months. This is why reputation means a lot to a lot of players out there when trying to commit themselves to a product long term. Or best example, you purchase SWG based on what you like about it, but end up witnessing a totally different game less than 2 years afterward, yea talking about NGE.

Anyways, those are some of the really annoying things I despise about and it's what has helped me to not spend $ on anything that has been delivered in the last 4 years, 3 months, 2 weeks and 4 days.

Comments

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    I don't get it.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

wait .. the OP is annoyed by expansions? You prefer games don't make more content?

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    So, extra content is evil, huh?  :D
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by Dibdabs
    So, extra content is evil, huh?  :D

It's just another brag post about not spending any money for the last 4 years, 3 months, 2 weeks and 4 days

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    Long winded posts without TLDR or bullet points/highlights.
  • MW2KMW2K Member UncommonPosts: 1,036
    Whatever the OP's point was, it's so blunt as to be a blank, featureless wall.
  • KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

I recall buying Star Craft instead of Brood War back in 2002 and end up enjoying it more that I stood by it. Brood War on the other hand had nothing better than Star Craft, it just split the community between Star Craft and Brood War players.

A lot of players are lost with every forced expansion and Blizzard knows this best with World of Warcraft. Every expansion that has a pay wall of $40 (now $50) a lot choose not to shell it out and stop their sub for the game. Worse, now Blizzard is delivering far less and charging far more (yearly expansions). It's been 5+ months now and the first season still remains. What happened to the 4 month seasons? Well, greed happened.