Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How expensive is this game to play comfortably?

2»

Comments

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Kyleran said:

You might want to read this post about how to make Astral Diamonds in game, might help your decision

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/431034/How-to-make-astral-diamonds-other-than-by-credit-card.html

This is now obsolete, as they are removing AD from the Leadership profession.
    See my recent post on this under Neverwinter

Player uproar over the change, now at 35 pages
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1203585/astral-diamond-changes
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    JudgeUK said:
    Kyleran said:

You might want to read this post about how to make Astral Diamonds in game, might help your decision

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/431034/How-to-make-astral-diamonds-other-than-by-credit-card.html

This is now obsolete, as they are removing AD from the Leadership profession.
    See my recent post on this under Neverwinter

Player uproar over the change, now at 35 pages
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1203585/astral-diamond-changes
    What page is your post on? Can you give a summary or copy/paste it here?

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Well in many way the change is good for a new player. Especially if they did not plan on going balls deep in to grinding. While it will taker a few months the economy will become much more stable. And by the time new players have reached the point where max gear and enchants are needed (if ever) the prices will have started to creep down. 

It is us current players that will be hurting for this... And mostly from a "time invested" standpoint. 

Pretty much nothing in this game is tuned for fully maxxed out characters. PvP maybe.. but that is a player issue.. =P

This have been a good conversation

• mmorpgoldtimermmorpgoldtimer Member CommonPosts: 8

simple and easy math lesson if you're from wow or some welfare type mmo

1 bag 36 slot costs 16 usd $ you can carry 5 bags so 80$ to have max carry capacity

a decent mount costs from 25 to 40usd $

shared bank is 7 usd $ for 8 space max 40 spaces so 35 usd$ for max shared bank and mroe carry capacity

main bank slot 6 usd for 16 and it seems its infinit so im going to count 3 upgrades cuz thats just insane so 18 usd $

so if we go by that:  80+ ( ~25-40) + 35 = ~140 to 150$ usd for ONE character this does not include the keys needed to open the 3456737 random chest or dragonflight chest you will find if your guild cant down 2 dragons at the same time.

if you are VERY patient follow the next steps

330k AD on average per bag X 5 bags = 1.65M AD

380k AD for a mount on average

the rest requires you to buy zen money from the AD vendor 5300 zen for the bank space and share bank space or 3 millions AD

3 780 000 AD total depending on your capacity to farm AD, if you take the convert AD its 36k per day  it will take you 105 days AD farming, if you use bots it can take you a few days but you risk getting banned fairly easyly since pay to win games rely on zen buyer to sell to other players so other players can buy them to sell you more for real money and so on. 

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    I've played for 2 years haven't payed a single cent.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Maurgrim said:
    I've played for 2 years haven't payed a single cent.
    Massive necro? 

But the thread might be kind of relevant to people starting up on the ps4.

I think SpottyGecko's comment "It's very difficult to predict what an F2P game will cost you, because different people will "need" different things" is spot on.

I find playing NWO on the ps4 really relaxing, and there is no need to buy anything. If you quickly want to get the best gear etc and own in pvp you will have to spend quite a bit. If you just want to have a bit of fun it costs zero dollars. I still own face in pvp (pre-level cap) even without spending big because I play the most OP class ever created in an mmo- the OP (Oathbound Paladin).

• angell81angell81 Member UncommonPosts: 12
     its about preference, and what you really want to spend. I haven't spent anything on ps4, and don't plan on it. I have gotten everything from working in game.