Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMOS with PVP and minecraft style mechanics aren't the future by the looks.

The numbers speak for themselves,little amounts(in MMO terms that is) of players will play an mmo like that.

In fact the most  profitable mmos and the number 1 mmo World Of Warcraft put more emphasis on good and easy flowing  storyline and how engaging there their world is,and more and more less on pvp and crafting.   

The poll is for fun.

It won't change anything,because money rule the world.

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    How about just fun combat, progression, and a convenient lobby?
  • YoungCaesarYoungCaesar Member UncommonPosts: 326
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    How about just fun combat, progression, and a convenient lobby?

Thats called a FPS, even CoD has progression now and what combat is more fun than pure action FPS?...

• MMOFYWMMOFYW Member Posts: 28

Sorry for the restart.

I know that I look like a  snobby perfectionist right now,because of two words,but have my needs.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

We all like different things.. a lot of people liek wow style themepark mmos.. to me there are very very boring.

The only MMORPGs I play now are noes based around PVP with some form of full loot.. adding minecrat style mechanics is also a good thing. Sure some people dont like that kind of thing and thats fine.

Let's face it money rule the world.

Yeah but call of duty is an FPS primarily and not an mmo,also every FPS game wants to be it,so this are the numbers for mmos.

Not just theme park any mmo that was a plot or full story.Its crazy to say the least,because few years ago it was like everyone wants a open world building and permadeath pvp mmos,but no you look at the numbers and you see story driven with role playing add in. 
    If anyone wants to copy and re post their stuff from the previous thread go ahead.
  • SuntouchedSuntouched Member CommonPosts: 50

I enjoy variety in my mmos. Right now there is no game that has all the things i would love in an MMORPG.

So I play Wurm Online and Minecraft for building houses and castles etc. With alot of customization, i hate just getting blueprints and getting the resources i need to build the house, eg Archeage housing system, where theres no individuality or customizing.

I play, Archeage for gliding around and messing with different builds and Smite for some fun pvp

I play ESO for some adventuring, story line and guild fun.

I just wish one game had all these elements plus good dungeons with incentive to do them over and over with harder modes.

ESO has no incentive to do dungeons, i stand for hours asking people to please join me in a dungeon for my lvl :(  and the dungeon finder is a joke.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098

First, WoW does not have a good and easy flowing story line or a particularly engaging world.

Second, what mmo has pvp and minecraft style mechanics?

Third, several mmos have basically copied WoW's on the rails gameplay and hub based questing system yet success has varied.

Fourth, if WoW-type mmos are the future why does no one of note seem to be making them anymore?

Fifth, every upcoming mmo I have read about recently is basically straying away from being a WoW clone in one way or another.

So, tell me again, why is the future of mmo's WoW clones? I don't see any evidence. If anything the cash in on WoW boat has already sailed about 4 or 5 years ago. "We are not in Azeroth anymore"....

Aaaaaaa... What?

Wait when did i sa..... What ? 

kid comedown.Also World of Warcraft is not the only mmo that has story in it.

• killerdodo2killerdodo2 Member Posts: 92
    collecting,crafting,killing creepers and building  i think.
  • YoungCaesarYoungCaesar Member UncommonPosts: 326
    Originally posted by Mhenlos
    Not just theme park any mmo that was a plot or full story.Its crazy to say the least,because few years ago it was like everyone wants a open world building and permadeath pvp mmos,but no you look at the numbers and you see story driven with role playing add in. 

Uh look at your poll buddy, story driven is losing and "minecraft mechanics with pvp" is on the top...

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

lol ppl play wow or any other "carebear" game because :

its fun to play ....is a game after all

combat is interesting or attract players

story , ppl care about it , lore and huge IPs live thanks to it.

PVE , there are more dragon slayers than pvpers in the mmorpg crowd.

however ppl enjoy and love competitive PVP , thats why FPS and Mobas have been the most played games in the last years.