Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall 1 Rerelease

Today a Darkfall developer opened up a petition for players to sign in order to gauge interest for a Darkfall 1 server. The link is below. For those who played the game at launch you may remember the massive grind and other misc bugs/exploits. Many of these were fixed within the last year of the game especially the grind which was reduced 10 fold. Overall this was the best game I personally have ever played, especially at end game. (Once grind was fixed) If you would be interested in possibly giving this game another shot or you are a DF1 vet who hasn't heard about this yet please sign. 

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/bring-back-dfo.html

Comments

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347

I signed, and had everyone from our clan sign as well.

Really hoping something positive comes of this, DF was absolutely amazing, especially during those last few months after so many things were fixed and the grind reduced. Everyone I knew had a blast.

• PsalmsPsalms Member UncommonPosts: 137

This would be totally amazing! Best game i've ever played,  especially because of  the feeling of danger and risk/reward.

Please make this happen :)

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

"When I say bringing back DFO, I mean fixing its flaws, updating its graphics, bringing interesting DFUW systems to it and then opening it."

sooo. you want it back but not as crappy eh?

you want a new game then? kk. so... why bring it back in the first place.

and maybe even more important, why create (at least) 2 new accounts for that purpose and start spamming?

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• POINTBLANK409POINTBLANK409 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    sighd would love to get back to game had alot of fun at lunch any good guild looking for a great player on my return?
  • ThomarAllcingThomarAllcing Member Posts: 5

Not sure why you are so negative... This is my 1 and only account. You can go to the DFUW boards and search Thomar Allcing. I just don't post often and have never registered to these boards. As for the game, I would expect if they relaunch that they would try to improve certain aspects of the game, who wouldn't? Either way, its obviously not a game for you and that is completely fine, but as for your spam comments it would seem you fit that bill more than me if your posting about a game you obviously have no interest in. Take care, and have fun in whatever game you do enjoy! 

edit this is to Thane

I thought I was replying to his post? lol I messed that up somehow

Originally posted by Thane

"When I say bringing back DFO, I mean fixing its flaws, updating its graphics, bringing interesting DFUW systems to it and then opening it."

sooo. you want it back but not as crappy eh?

you want a new game then? kk. so... why bring it back in the first place.

and maybe even more important, why create (at least) 2 new accounts for that purpose and start spamming?

Who are you talking to?

Some people really loved this game, no reason to be contrarian if you don't. You certainly have the right to, but no one has said anything to offend sensibilities.

We would just like the opportunity to play a game we've enjoyed again.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    I think the original DF was great, so is UW but it's just different. I'm hoping they don't taint the original game with too many of the systems from UW if they actually do decide to bring it back.
    Originally posted by Panther2103

I think the original DF was great, so is UW but it's just different. I'm hoping they don't taint the original game with too many of the systems from UW if they actually do decide to bring it back.

I agree. I would much prefer it left entirely alone and separate, than some sort of amalgamation. At least until they can refine a few of the long standing issues such as bugged mobs. Then they can look at whats best for the game from there, but hopefully with the idea that it should be true to the original concept.

This time I am definitely going to be a Mahirim. Such a cool character model!

I really hope this gets the support it needs.
  • ThomarAllcingThomarAllcing Member Posts: 5

For any that are interested, the petition in the OP has gone over 1000, any old players that haven't heard about this yet and would like to give the game another try go sign. 

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/bring-back-dfo.html

Also here is a link by RipperX, who made a youtube video highlighting the emulator that is in production, and the possibility of AV relaunching DFO. 

• FearmeirlFearmeirl Member UncommonPosts: 231
    Bring back DFO!
  • Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Get a grip, move on with your life.

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    I'll sign it if they add in some form of animal taming or combat pets that are actually viable.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Unless I hear them first say they are going to fix the way the skill system works and make a wide variety of builds useful, I couldn't care less about another DF1 server.  Not interested in another clone war.

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    I bought dfo and the new rendition a long time ago, I believe each has some good and bad. If I had to choose, I guess old DF is the better of two evils. I really hope they release DFO again, but does that mean most people will leave the UW version? There seems to be so many questions with this move, for me.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

So the community bitched the game sucked, wanted a revision, accepted a complete overhaul, got their characters deleted, now want to go back and start over on the old one....what the heck is with the DFO community. I have never seen a community of so many liked minded players that just cannot make up their minds what they want.

You guys lost original Darkfall cause you let it happen and got what you asked for, now deal with it and stop blaming the company, cause I was there and I know for a fact that it's the community that accepted the wipe and new Darkfall with open arms and for that I couldn't care less about what happens to this game or its community.