Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Anti-Virus for PC?

2»

Comments

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    I used AVG for a long time.  Then they decided to sell personal information of their users to 3rd party people.  So AVG no more, no I just use Avast, MalwareBytes, and CC.   :)
  • lurleenalurleena Member UncommonPosts: 22
    I tried AVG, avast and eset nod32. My previous computer windows7 still infected with trojan virus. As a result, I decided to get norton antivirus then upgrade to norton360. I use same AV even in current computer windows 8.1 so far it didn't failed me.
  • sZakootaisOPsZakootaisOP Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Well .. It highly depends on you. The level of security you want. Free anti-virus does provide basic protection but If you want more premium protection and privacy you should purchase Symantec, Kaspersky or Macafee product. I know they are little expensive but they actually work up to the user's expectation.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    My long experience with anti virus programs has taught me that you need more than 1.
    The reason is some aim more for actual known viruses and some aim more at spyware and other forms of invasion.
    Also need to remember that they need to be updated often,not just auto updating but actual updating of NEW files.
    Sometimes higher Heuristics is not good because they can send feedback that even ok files are flagged.This puts all the pressure back on the user to be able to decide for himself if the file is bad or not.It is ok if you are not lazy and will follow up checking each one thoroughly as i do set my Heuristic to 100% which in reality would cause some pretty loose reads.

I will say this about one program that i have been using since it first came out MANY years ago.
    Trend MIcro Housecall is FREE but imo really good.One thing people should know is that you always need to use a bit of your own judgement ,pay attention to your system and how it operates,if something seems off,it likely is.Even with a great program like Housecall or ANY for that matter,you may have to go into SAFEMODE to really find that tough problem.

I use Housecall,Spybot,Grindinsoft anti-malware and sometimes i may use another temporary program to find bloatware/spyware.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• XtremMMOXtremMMO Member UncommonPosts: 8

Which anti-virus do you guys recommend for PC?  I only use this desktop for going to trusted sites and playing games.  I was going to download the free versions of AVG and Avast, but both directed me to download.cnet.com.  The last time I downloaded something there, it included that effing Search Conduit browser hijacker, which was a huge pain to remove.  I don't mind paying for a quality product.

Thanks!

I like Panda AV. Clean and simple.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
  • EzxistenceEzxistence Member CommonPosts: 15
    NOT NORTON... NOT MACAAPAHEE....

I used avast in the past... it was great.