Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dungeons / instance matchmaking and quests seriously flawed

DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

This is a rant about my first joyful experience with dungeons on Tera.

I decided to give this game another try and got to the part where the main story told me to enter the Vampir Mansion.

I signed up on the instance matchmaking - the game puts me inside - the people are far ahead and tell me to run past all the monsters. Finally I catch up with them while they are fighting some boss - boss dead - dungeon over - I get kicked from the instance.

Wtf just happened?

At some point it occurs to me that  the matchmaking had put me into an instance that was basically finished already so none of my quest objectives were fulfilled.

Another attempt: it tells me to fight alongside Jelena on the way to the ladder room.

Checking minimap - can't find her - look around - can't find her.

Meanwhile my party is plenty busy to run as fast as they can and since I am the healer and we don't have a tank - noobish little me is trying his best to keep up with the pros to keep them alive.

Dungeon over - quest not finished.

A third attempt - tl;dr: same result as the second run.

My party tried to be helpful: "check the youtube guide for this"

"She should appear on the side of the room after we kill the Duke"

Well too late.

I'm done running after people who can't wait for a moment and I'm done looking for npcs who are hiding in corners for whatever reason.

I'm done getting put into an already cleared instance by the matchmaking system.

And most of all I am done with instances that do not count as finished just because some stupid npc wasn't there to witness the final boss going down.

Harbinger of Fools

Comments

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Originally posted by Dakeru

This is a rant about my first joyful experience with dungeons on Tera.

I decided to give this game another try and got to the part where the main story told me to enter the Vampir Mansion.

I signed up on the instance matchmaking - the game puts me inside - the people are far ahead and tell me to run past all the monsters. Finally I catch up with them while they are fighting some boss - boss dead - dungeon over - I get kicked from the instance.

Wtf just happened?

At some point it occurs to me that  the matchmaking had put me into an instance that was basically finished already so none of my quest objectives were fulfilled.

Another attempt: it tells me to fight alongside Jelena on the way to the ladder room.

Checking minimap - can't find her - look around - can't find her.

Meanwhile my party is plenty busy to run as fast as they can and since I am the healer and we don't have a tank - noobish little me is trying his best to keep up with the pros to keep them alive.

Dungeon over - quest not finished.

A third attempt - tl;dr: same result as the second run.

My party tried to be helpful: "check the youtube guide for this"

"She should appear on the side of the room after we kill the Duke"

Well too late.

I'm done running after people who can't wait for a moment and I'm done looking for npcs who are hiding in corners for whatever reason.

I'm done getting put into an already cleared instance by the matchmaking system.

And most of all I am done with instances that do not count as finished just because some stupid npc wasn't there to witness the final boss going down.

Not to mention that while the combat is fun, it is retardedly easy, even the endgame raids.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,771

I found folks don't give a fuck in dungeons if your even new or coming back. I couldn't tank shit cause everyone was pulling random mobs and doing their own fucking thing. If you get the mechanics down you can just solo mobs.

I really did enjoy the combat but it wasn't fun, everyone wants to speed through skip as much mobs as possible.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

This game and aion should've replaced their entire dev team and rebooted, both games had absurd amounts of potential.  

It was rather common at launch for this type of thing to occur as well.  Its unfortunate too because that dungeon (like nearly all of them) is super boring.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL