Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR is so Star Wars and that's a great thing

2»

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,713
    Originally posted by StoneRoses
    Originally posted by MrMelGibson
    Originally posted by StoneRoses
    I keep the game updated! I really like it, but their F2P is a real turn off.

Easily solved by subbing.

I subbed before it went F2p.

I don't sub because games like Aion have a far better F2p model that doesn't lock you out or restrict you! Same reason why I do not like Champion Online F2P model.

So you would sub IF their F2P model let you do everything you can do as a sub?

Nice try. image

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• SmintarSmintar Member UncommonPosts: 214
    SWTOR has a new update today 3.2 please review and I hope you will come back  http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/4282015/game-update-3.2-rise-emperor
    Originally posted by Smintar
    SWTOR has a new update today 3.2 please review and I hope you will come back  http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/4282015/game-update-3.2-rise-emperor

They posted a lot of changes that are coming in anticipation of 12x Class XP too. (To make players self-sufficient while leveling instead of having to rely on a high level alt to fund it all)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8160487#edit8160487

(From community manager Eric Musco)

I thought it might be a good idea to spell out some of the improvements that are a part of the Epic Story XP Boost. A lot of these changes can be found in the 3.2 patch notes which can be found here. Also, since I love bulleted lists, I am going to give you one those:

• The Epic Story XP Boost applies to the Class Missions of each class in the core game. In Rise of the Hutt Cartel it applies to the main story mission for each Faction.
    • Each Class Mission now rewards far more Basic Commendations than before, which is a great way to stay geared as you level.
    • There have been a ton of improvements to make travel easier (I will list them shortly).

Here are some of the relevant patch notes surrounding the Epic Story XP Boost:

• All Class Missions that previously rewarded 1 or 2 Basic Commendations now reward 8 Basic Commendations.
    • The Planetary Modification and Equipment Vendors have gone through a large rework: The vendor's stocks have been adjusted to have a better variety of Modifications at a lower Commendation cost. In addition, the title of the NPCs has been changed to reflect the level of the items they sell.
    • All Taxi Destinations are now available to all players.
    • All Quick Travel Bind Points within a map region are now automatically discovered when the region is revealed.
    • The cooldown on the Quick Travel ability has been reduced. For Subscribers and Preferred players the cooldown is now 6 minutes, and for Free-To-Play players the cooldown is now 26 minutes.
    • The Legacy Travel I, II, and III unlocks now reduce the cooldown of the Quick Travel ability by 2 additional minutes each.
    • The cooldown on the Emergency Fleet Pass ability has been reduced. For Subscribers and Preferred players the cooldown is now 90 minutes, and for Free-To-Play players the cooldown is now 180 minutes.
    • The Legacy Fleet Pass I, II, and III unlocks now reduce the cooldown of the Emergency Fleet Pass ability by 30 additional minutes each.
    • The base cooldown on the Priority Transport: Personal Starship Legacy Perk has been reduced to 6 minutes. Each Improved Priority Transport: Personal Starship unlock will reduce that cooldown by an additional 2 minutes.

As you can see, travel, especially with Legacy Perks is now much easier . I hope this wall of text makes the whole Epic Story XP Boost thing a bit simpler!

-eric

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

• phobossionphobossion Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

They posted a lot of changes that are coming in anticipation of 12x Class XP too. (To make players self-sufficient while leveling instead of having to rely on a high level alt to fund it all)

I thought it might be a good idea to spell out some of the improvements that are a part of the Epic Story XP Boost. A lot of these changes can be found in the 3.2 patch notes which can be found here. Also, since I love bulleted lists, I am going to give you one those:

• The Epic Story XP Boost applies to the Class Missions of each class in the core game. In Rise of the Hutt Cartel it applies to the main story mission for each Faction.
    • Each Class Mission now rewards far more Basic Commendations than before, which is a great way to stay geared as you level.
    • There have been a ton of improvements to make travel easier (I will list them shortly).

• All Class Missions that previously rewarded 1 or 2 Basic Commendations now reward 8 Basic Commendations.
    • The Planetary Modification and Equipment Vendors have gone through a large rework: The vendor's stocks have been adjusted to have a better variety of Modifications at a lower Commendation cost. In addition, the title of the NPCs has been changed to reflect the level of the items they sell.
    • All Quick Travel Bind Points within a map region are now automatically discovered when the region is revealed.
    • The cooldown on the Quick Travel ability has been reduced. For Subscribers and Preferred players the cooldown is now 6 minutes, and for Free-To-Play players the cooldown is now 26 minutes.
    • The Legacy Travel I, II, and III unlocks now reduce the cooldown of the Quick Travel ability by 2 additional minutes each.
    • The cooldown on the Emergency Fleet Pass ability has been reduced. For Subscribers and Preferred players the cooldown is now 90 minutes, and for Free-To-Play players the cooldown is now 180 minutes.
    • The Legacy Fleet Pass I, II, and III unlocks now reduce the cooldown of the Emergency Fleet Pass ability by 30 additional minutes each.
    • The base cooldown on the Priority Transport: Personal Starship Legacy Perk has been reduced to 6 minutes. Each Improved Priority Transport: Personal Starship unlock will reduce that cooldown by an additional 2 minutes.

As you can see, travel, especially with Legacy Perks is now much easier . I hope this wall of text makes the whole Epic Story XP Boost thing a bit simpler!

-eric

Yay! Thanks so much for sharing this, I had no idea :) I was already making crazy plans how to stay geared while leveling :P I have to reroll on US servers so I will be taking several toons from 10 to 55 during the time

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907
    Originally posted by VoltureX

I have to tell that I'm having a blast in this MMO ;)

The GFX is good

The controls are great

There is no lag on my server (Playing EU here)

The game feels crowded

So much to do

Every Star Wars fan should try this game and even without being a fan you might still like the atmosphere.

I can't find any negative things to say about the game. I'm strucked :)

Have fun and may the force be with you !

I agree with almost everything. Been playing occasionally since launch.

It's the obsessive focus of the Cartel Market that turns me off. I can Subscribe to SWTOR for a month or two, and then I have to stop playing it. The Cartel Market ***** me off.

Originally posted by phobossion
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

-eric

Yay! Thanks so much for sharing this, I had no idea :) I was already making crazy plans how to stay geared while leveling :P I have to reroll on US servers so I will be taking several toons from 10 to 55 during the time

Haha, I bet a lot of folks were doing that.

It's a good move on Bioware's part, since it actually makes the 12x also manageable for actual new players. I imagine that last time it left many as poor hobos at level 55. (Especially since they still had to pay to learn skills. xD)