Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is the game (pc version) in its current state?

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I am considering returning to this game, because finally there seems to be a mellee healer... And thats the classes i enjoy most.

just wondering 

- how much and in what forms PvP is there?

- is there enough grouping, and is it easilly accesible and possible to find groups?

- is there raiding and progression endgame?

- how does the player generated content fair?

- how is the story quallity of the added content?

- is solo content fun and challenging?

And what parts of this game keep you playing and/or returning to the game?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

1)  There is open world PVP in Icewind Dale and more organized PVP in Gauntlgrym.  I haven't participated in either.  Whales who spend thousands of dollars to buy a ton of refinement stuff can have much stronger gear than you.  I don't know how prevalant that is among PVPers.

2)  Before module 6, it took about half an hour for damage dealers to get a group through the queue because there weren't enough healers and especially weren't enough tanks.  With the new paladin class able to fill in as either (depending on which oath you choose at level 30), I'm optimistic that getting groups will be much easier.

3)  They're redoing the dungeons, so they removed most of them from the game.  They'll presumably all be back.  I don't have any level 70 characters yet, so I'm not sure what there is to do there.  The epic dungeons might still be in place; I'm not sure.

4)  I haven't done it.

5)  Not very good.  Not awful, but worse than for pre-module 6 content.

6)  Much more challenging than before module 6.  Well, at least once you get into the new, post-60 content.  Lower level stuff is still stupidly easy.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

What idiot decided to pull all those dungeons from the game?

whats the reason behind that? 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    They're redesigning the non-level cap dungeons to be 3-man instead of five man and to have fewer mobs, so as to have an estimated completion time of 30 minutes rather than 45.  They'll be put back in when they're done.  On paper, the changes they're making sound good, but for now, yeah, it's a mess.
  • ReverielleReverielle Member UncommonPosts: 133
    They game is a lot of fun,  but unfortunately it's soured by the very worst in mmo player community found in it. Some of the players are simply so horrid it completely turns you off the game, or at least playing it in any other form than a single-player game. 

That is not to say there are not nice people playing it as well, unfortunately though compared to a lot of other MMOs the community as a whole is possibly the worst i've experienced in well over 10 years of MMOing. Very sad.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Well to be fair... the exploiters started it. 

And i would not call it the worst... it is a pretty standard dog-eat-dog F2P community. Most people are decent until it comes to loot and as usual the horrid segement is horrid enough to make the enron people look like saints. 

I´d stay away from PvP unless you like to spend a lot of money or grind your soul to dust... It is very gear dependent still

This have been a good conversation