Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do stats work in non-vet campaign?

YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098

I am having difficulty understanding how character stats work in BB. I thought everyone's base stats are bumped up to the same level, with armor and class/weapon skill line points/passives adding to this baseline level. Also food/drink add to stats I think.

However, no matter what gear I wear my max magicka doesn't go past 16,784 and stamina stays at 15,139. Only my health pool seems to change. But there is something strange about the health pool as well. For example if I equip a shield/sword with shield health enchant (+385 max health) my max health is 29,007; when I switch to restro staff (no health enchant) my health INCREASES to 29,821. Similarly if I take my belt off (+152 max magic) my health pool drops to 28,736, but magicka pool stays at 16,784.

Also with physical and spell resistance: if I take off my armor these figures stay at 8,162. If I use an ability which is meant to boost my armor, again these figures remain at 8,162. Its kind of perplexing.

Does anyone know what is going on with this? I made a video to illustrate the problem, there is no sound but you can see all the stats change (or not) when I change gear etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQB2IJ1rlMU

Comments

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098

OK so I found out how it works! Basically, the rules in non-vet pvp (and upleveled toons in Vet pvp) are quite different to the normal game rules. ESO calls its upleveling system "battle levelling". I wasn't able to find any official literature about the indepth mechanics of the system, but some kind souls on the ESO forum and in game helped me out.

Broadly speaking the differences in the rule set are that only the following effects work on stats:

5 piece set bonuses (with caveats)

Food/drink buffs

Mundus stones

Passives which provide % bonus

Cost reduction jewellery

Some traits on gear

Weapon damage buff from flawless dawnbraker

Active abilities

Everyone who is battleleveled has the same stats for health/stamina/magicka pools and for resistances. The above guidelines for effects that work on stats have numerous implications such as light armor (or even naked) provides as much mitigation as heavy armor, and some class/skill passives become useless.

If you plan to do a lot of non-vet pvp its good to know these rules before you start assigning skill points or investing in gear. At first glance, most of the build honing for non-vet seems to revolve around maximizing sustain through stacking mundus stone, appropriate gear, and food/drink buffs.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    And I clicked here to explain.... You explained to me. Thanks!
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"