Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF Lobby Game

simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709

Many MMO's today turn into "lobby games" - you log in and join a queue for some form of content. I'm looking for games that would do just that, without the need of questing, open world, story etc. My friends don't have a lot of time on their hands so we just want to be able to log in, do some dungeon for 30min - 1 hour and then log off. So, the game i'm looking for:

- should be a PvE oriented RPG, should not be a FPS or anything PvP oriented (no MOBAs, no World of Tanks, no TF2 or anything like those - these would be very interesting for us if they were not PvP)

- the game must have some form of progression (the deeper the better), and progressing should be done by running dungeons. We're not looking for  open world stuff, following quest hubs, deep story etc.

- ideally we log in, queue for something and we get instantly ported, alone or with other players in a group - no open world running to get inside the dungeon, no 30min queues "while you can do other things".

- dungeons should be "classic RPG" ones, with boss fights (not DDO style)

- should be decently new, but no pay to beta or anything like that

We also had some fun in ARPG's - we played Diablo III but it's getting really boring after some point (cookie-cutter builds and repetitive gameplay lacking any form of depth). I like Path of Exile but my friends find the combat clunky. We all can't stand Marvel Heroes or anything superhero related.

I'd appreciate your ideas, maybe there is something out there we missed.

Comments

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

I think Vindictus is pretty much 100% lobby based.

The original Guild Wars had a great story.  But it has "world" and "missions" to take care of.  Some quests are in the world -- still instanced for four to eight players -- and some actual missions that take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour.  Though sometimes it did not have bosses in their mission-based dungeons.

http://www.steparu.com/

...Has a lot of obscure games that seem to fit this, as well as wide open RPGs.  Though a lot of such aren't released yet or will never be released.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.