Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO mentions plans to advertise cash shop in game once per day

13»

Comments

• monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    I, personally, dont mind this, mostly because I'm rarely looking at chat. But if it irks you that bad stop playing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    This is a great game at the moment and I am glad to be back. One ad a day isn't really too big of an issue. Just a box I have to close upon login I am guessing. Pretty small price to play this game free.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Iselin
    I'd like to see just once, someone incorporate this into game play better.... you go to the stable to train your riding skill and the stable master says "We've just received a few trained spotted Senche tigers. Would you be interested in one?" and if you say yes, it takes you to the Senche mount in the crown store interface... too much trouble?
    Its a start :)
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

I must not be on during this messages because I have yet to see one. Dont see it as a big deal to let players know that a certain item in the crown store is limited by doing a server wide message once a day. Sure beats having nearly all windows having the cash shop icon on it ( like LoTRO )..

Even if I were on when it happened I am not sure if I would even notice it.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by greenreen
    Originally posted by baphamet i seen this once in game and thought to myself "i wonder if the complainers are out in force on mmorpg.com?" i was not disappointed lol just another reason why i take nobody serious here at mmorpg.com, its the boy who cried wolf x9999999999 they literally put in one line of text once, as if all of you have never been subjected to endless gold selling spam in other games (and this game too), yet this is just a huge deal? what a laugher!
    This isn't the only place it's being discussed. Yeah, we have some of the most lippy posters who can't stay on the subject and choose to attack people but this other article is over 300 comments now where here it barely hit 50 recently so all the blib blab about people and places this and that. Look around before you fling your arrows. I wonder why I come here lately - there are reasonable people elsewhere outweighing the shills.

http://massivelyop.net/2015/04/18/elder-scrolls-online-advertises-cash-shop-item-in-game/

thanks for the link, at the very top is a screen shot of the message you get once a day. yes thats right, people are actually complaining because that one little message they may or may not even see during their play session breaks their immersion, yet they have a chat box with constant spamming going on.

the other argument is they think its unethical to put that in their game to try and make money (again once per day), after they made the game B2P.

is that reasonable? no, i think its totally fine to do that if they indeed only do it once a day or very seldom in a game like this that does not require you to pay a sub and its the full version of the game.

anyone that complains about this just isn't reasonable in my opinion, i fling my arrows because i knew there would be people here (and other places too) complaining about this and i think its funny yet very predictable.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

Only disgusted in WoW and its in-game store at the moment.  Plus the lengths they went to to make sure mods couldn't hide it.  When it comes to this game, I don't care as much.  No required subscription.  So long as those with subscription accounts don't see it (or can turn it off).

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.